ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension with entire overseas earnings.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narrakhan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension with entire overseas earnings.

Post by narrakhan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 am

Hi,

I recently entered UK and planning to submit all my previous earnings of 12 months showing as indian salary payslips for my Tier 1 Extension.

Hope UKBA accepts entire last earnings from overseas for extension, could you pls. share your views on this ?

Thanks & Regards,
Narra

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Yes, home office will accept it but will not apply uplift rate to your overseas earnings.

narrakhan
Newly Registered

Post by narrakhan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your response.

I understand that uplift shall not be applied if we're paid an indian salary but working in UK. But, in my case, for my claimed previous earnings, i was in India and was paid in Indian Rupees.

If the uplift is not applied to indian rupees, then we will not be able to match to pounds salary.

Pls. correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards,
Narra

mackeyme
Newly Registered

Post by mackeyme » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 pm

I too have same question. I worked for 6 months in India, got an offer from UK and worked here for 6 months. I am assuming that the uplift ratio will be applied for the first 6 months earnings in India. If the uplift ratio is not applied, then it will be difficult for me to extend my Visa.

Could anyone give exact answer?

~ME

Blhuesheep
Newly Registered

Post by Blhuesheep » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi

For your tier 1 extension, do you pay tax in UK or in India for salary earned in India?

If you pay the tax in India will Home Office accept this for your tier1 extension?

As my case is similar to yours.

Looking forward to the reply

Regards

narrakhan
Newly Registered

Post by narrakhan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi,

For salary earned in India, tax has to be paid in India Only.

Could someone get back on this?

Regards,
Narra

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Uplift ratio cannot be applied to any earnings for Tier 1 extension, even if they were earnt outside of the UK.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Please refer the latest T1-general-guidance from UKBA website.
They have removed all mentions of uplifting ratio. Country list and respective uplifting ratios in appendix have been removed from the document as well.
T1-General-Guidance

Try section -
Converting overseas earnings into pounds sterling (£)

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Yes. you need to convert your out of country earnings to GBP without any uplift.

Tax should be paid in country you worked. if you have worked in more than one country e.g. in India and Uk then for Indian earnings in India and for UK earnings in UK

oneITguy

Re: Tier 1 Extension with entire overseas earnings.

Post by oneITguy » Sat May 07, 2011 8:05 am

narrakhan wrote:Hi,

I recently entered UK and planning to submit all my previous earnings of 12 months showing as indian salary payslips for my Tier 1 Extension.

Hope UKBA accepts entire last earnings from overseas for extension, could you pls. share your views on this ?

Thanks & Regards,
Narra
I have one question on this. since you recently entered to UK and showing whole 12 salary then do you need to show UK rent Agreement of accomodation or not since you were officially not in uk so what to do in this?

I would request experts to put light on this.
xyz

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:04 pm

oneITguy,

There is no requirement in the policy/guidelines to show UK rent Agreement for accommodation when making an application.

Kind Regards