ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Due for ILR in July 11 but couple of queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vishal75
Newly Registered

Due for ILR in July 11 but couple of queries

Post by Vishal75 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi

I am currently on Tier 1 (due for renewal next year) but in this July I am eligible for applying for a PR (ILR)

In this February I had an addition to my family - a baby girl born in Bedford UK.

So when I apply for my PR along with rest of family, would I need to

1. get an Indian Passport for my new born daughter?

2. if yes, then should I need to get a Tier1 dependent Visa on her passport

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:31 pm

If the child needs to travel before she becomes eligible to apply for registration as British citizen under section 1(3) of BNA 1981, then the child will need a passport. Else, no need.

See also ILR or MN1 form for my 3 year old son
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Vishal75
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal75 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

No we are not planning to travel out of the country till we get the PR application through in July11.

So are you saying that

- I DONT have to get an Indian Passport for my daughter and submit it with along with my PR application

Thanks Moderator for your reply

Regards

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:47 am

Vishal75 wrote:- I DONT have to get an Indian Passport for my daughter and submit it with along with my PR application

YES

BSK

Post by BSK » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 pm

If you do not want your son to take british citizenship, then go ahead with ILR. Alternatively, you may want to save money for £675 dependant fee for your son for applying ILR. With £675, probably you can get his citizenship and passport for your son. But beware of procedures as well.