ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:07 am

Shadow86 wrote:
XnailaX wrote:manno...ur not added on the spreadsheet??...(unless i missed it)...giv us sum details bout when u applied and rejected and the rest of it plz...i wana kno how long it took :)..plzz..thankyou hehe

thats ofcourse if u dont mind
Her details are on the "Appeals" tab to the far left :)

Hmmmm so Manno has been refused after me but has received her call letter before me. Interesting :P.

The positive side to that being of course that yes anytime now us September applicants can receive a response anytime soon now. So with that in mind all I gotta say to that is NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! 8)
You don't worry InshALLAH soon you will be receiving the call letter. I got it early because I did not sent my appeal documents to AIT, instead I sent them straight to Abu Dhabi because this was where Visa was refused that is why it saved the time AIT takes to post your documents to Abu Dhabi. Wish you all very best of luck! I am going to submit my passport today.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 am

Here I would like to mention that email address I used for correspondence was very useful. I sent an email on that address and got the call letter in the reply. It might be helpful! AbuDhabi.DutyECO@fco.gsi.gov.uk

zaf

Post by zaf » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:14 am

Manno1 wrote:Here I would like to mention that email address I used for correspondence was very useful. I sent an email on that address and got the call letter in the reply. It might be helpful! AbuDhabi.DutyECO@fco.gsi.gov.uk
thamks for the email addressmanno congratulations on your good news i hope you get your passport back fast

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:50 am

zaf wrote:
Manno1 wrote:Here I would like to mention that email address I used for correspondence was very useful. I sent an email on that address and got the call letter in the reply. It might be helpful! AbuDhabi.DutyECO@fco.gsi.gov.uk
thamks for the email addressmanno congratulations on your good news i hope you get your passport back fast
Thank you very much! Good luck to you too..

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi,
quick question,
When you are granted visa, do you receive a letter back with ur passport?

Thanks

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:17 pm

MrsJKH wrote:Missy12 I read your post and I 100% know what you are going through. Mine was rejected because of lack of contact before marriage thus they believe it's not genuine marriage. I left 5 days after wedding. Honestly wen I read your post my heart went. I actually cried when I found out my hubbys visa was rejected. He appealed in Pakistan and it wad a complete nightmare with the solicitor over there. I'm sure you can appeal here in the uk. Go to a solicitor first thing tomorrow if you can. They need to hear from you as well. I applied in June 2010 was rejected. Appear in nov 2010 successful in feb 2011. My husband us picking passport inshallah next week.

INshallah everything will work out for you Sis. I'm just about to pray and I'll make dua for you. Appeal process as follows. Complete relevant appeal forms with supporting evidence. I got corner shop keeper to write letter along with his contact details that I was buying calling cards for 1 year. Send lots if marriage photos. I sent about 50 lol. Write a letter. You will need to write something about his student visa ap as well. Send all grounds appeal to first tier tribunal. They will send confirmation to representative. They will forward to Abu dhabi and they will either overturn original decision or take you to a court hearing. Ensure you send as much supporting evidence as this is your only chance or it will drag...

Hey thanx . wel hubby has decided he wants to appeal in pakistan. he will be sending required docs tomorrow. whats the process after that? and how can we track it????

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 pm

missy12 wrote:
MrsJKH wrote:Missy12 I read your post and I 100% know what you are going through. Mine was rejected because of lack of contact before marriage thus they believe it's not genuine marriage. I left 5 days after wedding. Honestly wen I read your post my heart went. I actually cried when I found out my hubbys visa was rejected. He appealed in Pakistan and it wad a complete nightmare with the solicitor over there. I'm sure you can appeal here in the uk. Go to a solicitor first thing tomorrow if you can. They need to hear from you as well. I applied in June 2010 was rejected. Appear in nov 2010 successful in feb 2011. My husband us picking passport inshallah next week.

INshallah everything will work out for you Sis. I'm just about to pray and I'll make dua for you. Appeal process as follows. Complete relevant appeal forms with supporting evidence. I got corner shop keeper to write letter along with his contact details that I was buying calling cards for 1 year. Send lots if marriage photos. I sent about 50 lol. Write a letter. You will need to write something about his student visa ap as well. Send all grounds appeal to first tier tribunal. They will send confirmation to representative. They will forward to Abu dhabi and they will either overturn original decision or take you to a court hearing. Ensure you send as much supporting evidence as this is your only chance or it will drag...

Hey thanx . wel hubby has decided he wants to appeal in pakistan. he will be sending required docs tomorrow. whats the process after that? and how can we track it????
hi, i just wanted to know did you both send pictures of marriage and honeymoon pictures(if there was any)..cuz i just gave calling cards purchase slips as a proof that we were in contact and pictures of engagement wedding valima nikah and honey moon...just curious if you guys did the same or not..thanks

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 pm

skah786 wrote:Hi,
quick question,
When you are granted visa, do you receive a letter back with ur passport?

Thanks
When you are granted visa from your initial application then you only receive the documents back and ur passport. NO letter.

When you are refused visa then along with the above you are given a love letter, I mean letter of refusal lol.

So in essence you are to hope for NO LETTER at all when receiving ur documents and passport back.

Damned letter of death, love letter, piece of crap, refusal letter, whatever title you wanna give to that one piece of A4 sheet containing terrible news :P.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Salam everyone!

Anyone got a good news? I went to submit my passport today but it was not having 6 months validity. Finally sent it for renewal. I had a quick question that should I send a covering letter with documents? If yes then what should I be writing?

Your suggestion will be truly appreciated. Thank you and good luck to all!

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Sammad wrote:What is the email address, to get an update on the appeal?
U can try this if your case went to Abu Dhabi. AbuDhabi.DutyECO@fco.gsi.gov.uk

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:55 pm

hi
how old can the documents that i submit for spouse visa be, if i book an appintment at gerrys, mirpur in may 1. can i use a bank statement from 6th april.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:hi
how old can the documents that i submit for spouse visa be, if i book an appintment at gerrys, mirpur in may 1. can i use a bank statement from 6th april.
Preferably the last 6 months from date of submitting your application. If you apply on 1st May and submit only 1 bank statement for April 2011 then that would be a mistake lol, it'll be a very good reason for them to refuse the application since u didn't meet their criteria properly and thus satisfy them that u can indeed accommodate, etc ur spouse without recourse to public funding.

For 1st May 2011 u would need AT LEAST bank statements for Feb, Mar and Apr 2011. That's the very least, any lower, i.e. 1 month would be waste of time and money as it'll likely fail.

If you cannot provide AT LEAST 3 months of bank statements then apply in July when u can produce April, May and June's bank statement.

@Manno1, nah no good news here. Sorry to hear about ur passport situation and the reason I say that is because the people working in the passport office thingy are now holding back SOME renewals for no good reason. My mum's Pakistani passport was due for renewal so she gave it in along with my dad's but only my dad's passport came back whilst hers is still with them and it's been over 2 months! :roll:.

I really really hope u don't fall in the same boat because that would bite sooooo much. It's like the ECO saying we'll give u the visa now but u can't take that visa because the imbecile's in the passport department are holding the passport. I thought i'd bring this to your attention so just be alert and as updated as possible as to when u'll get ur passport back. Ur question is an interesting one and I too would like to know, or is it because of the delay in u giving them the passport that you are asking about covering letter?

skah786

Post by skah786 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Salam,

Have some confusion. My husband knows someone that works at fedex in Karachi and this person told him his passport has arrived back.

Now it hasn't been a long time since we've submitted the application. The tracking website hasn't updated and I signed up for email/txt alerts and those haven't been received either.

Its been a week today since his passport returned to fedex at karachi. He rang them and they gave him an appointment and the guy said ur passport is here but we can't give it to you because we haven't barcoded it yet.

He says the guy told him that the visa has been granted - but the guy has told him this without looking at the passport just looking at the envelope.

Is this even possible? Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this before?
It just sounds so bizzare and far-fetched to me, but then again, welcome to Pakistan?

Lol. Anyway I have sat agonising over this not being able to concentrate at work.

Someone please tell me the world hasn't gone insane?

Duas

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
Preferably the last 6 months from date of submitting your application. If you apply on 1st May and submit only 1 bank statement for April 2011 then that would be a mistake lol, it'll be a very good reason for them to refuse the application since u didn't meet their criteria properly and thus satisfy them that u can indeed accommodate, etc ur spouse without recourse to public funding.

For 1st May 2011 u would need AT LEAST bank statements for Feb, Mar and Apr 2011. That's the very least, any lower, i.e. 1 month would be waste of time and money as it'll likely fail.

If you cannot provide AT LEAST 3 months of bank statements then apply in July when u can produce April, May and June's bank statement.
what i meant was by last statement is on the 6th April 2011, thats from November 2010 till April 2010.
I have heard from someone that if my LAST bank statement is more than 3/4 weeks old at the time when i submit my application than they will REJECT it straight.
is this true

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Shadow86 wrote:

@Manno1, nah no good news here. Sorry to hear about ur passport situation and the reason I say that is because the people working in the passport office thingy are now holding back SOME renewals for no good reason. My mum's Pakistani passport was due for renewal so she gave it in along with my dad's but only my dad's passport came back whilst hers is still with them and it's been over 2 months! :roll:.

I really really hope u don't fall in the same boat because that would bite sooooo much. It's like the ECO saying we'll give u the visa now but u can't take that visa because the imbecile's in the passport department are holding the passport. I thought i'd bring this to your attention so just be alert and as updated as possible as to when u'll get ur passport back. Ur question is an interesting one and I too would like to know, or is it because of the delay in u giving them the passport that you are asking about covering letter?
Thank you for replying! I encountered a very strange situation at passport office, the security guard came and said U are from F-10 I was like yes! He probably saw my ID on entrance he was like I want to help you and if you pay me 4000 now then I can manage ur passport till coming Friday. I was shocked at first then I was like I already paid an urgent fee and I can wait till Monday and you should not be asking for this money. But I was shocked because he has been charging that so called quick outcome fees to everyone mostly according to the residential sectors. But it was very shocking to be honest!

I hope I get my passport back soon on Monday! I was asking about the covering letter which you send with the call letter documents. Your help will be truly appreciated!

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:28 pm

skah786 wrote:Salam,

Have some confusion. My husband knows someone that works at fedex in Karachi and this person told him his passport has arrived back.

Now it hasn't been a long time since we've submitted the application. The tracking website hasn't updated and I signed up for email/txt alerts and those haven't been received either.

Its been a week today since his passport returned to fedex at karachi. He rang them and they gave him an appointment and the guy said ur passport is here but we can't give it to you because we haven't barcoded it yet.

He says the guy told him that the visa has been granted - but the guy has told him this without looking at the passport just looking at the envelope.

Is this even possible? Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this before?
It just sounds so bizzare and far-fetched to me, but then again, welcome to Pakistan?

Lol. Anyway I have sat agonising over this not being able to concentrate at work.

Someone please tell me the world hasn't gone insane?

Duas
lot of rubbish.........
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Premier
Newly Registered

Post by Premier » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:

what i meant was by last statement is on the 6th April 2011, thats from November 2010 till April 2010.
I have heard from someone that if my LAST bank statement is more than 3/4 weeks old at the time when i submit my application than they will REJECT it straight.
is this true
As you stated it should not be a problem.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 pm

A lot of replies for me to lash out lol ok here it goes:

@skah786, you'd rather let time tell otherwise you won't feel well later on assuming that visa has been granted and that the situation turns out the other way around. The guy has said what he has so sounds good but let it slide and see what the actual outcome is when the time comes to collect the passport.

@anjum786, I submitted mine in Sep and the last bank a/c was for July so what you heard from someone was incorrect information. If I can submit July's statement then you can submit April's statement so shouldn't be a problem :)

@Manno1, to be approached by a "security guard" asking for money sucks big big big time!! Allah is watching him and all the other fools intaking wrong money so they will all receive their punishment here and hereafter. Glad you didn't pay him. You gotta submit a covering letter with ur passport???????????!!!!!!! what!!!????? Damn!!! Now I have got to know also this information :shock:. I don't have a clue what u're supposed to write on it, it kinda sounds lame to ask for a covering letter, I mean what more info they wanna read now? that you are thankful for being granted the visa? sheesh lol.

K44MMY, tasavar, anyone else out there who has written the covering letter to send with call letter documents???

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Asalaam-u-alaikum my fellow brothers and sisters,

I hope this message finds you all in the best of health and imaan.

I got married to my incredible wife in December. My wife submitted her visa application towards the end of March.

On the tracking website, the status changed to "Under process at BHC..." on 09/04/2011.

This morning (14/04/2011) I got a call from BHC Islamabad asking me verious questions. The questions he asked were:

1. What is your name?
2. Are you sponsoring someone from Pakistan?
3. What is your wife's address?
4. What date did you get married?
5. How did you get married/introduced?
6. Did you ever meet before the marriage?
7. What is your home address?
8. How many people live at the address?

And that's pretty much it.

The fella first called my home address in Manchester, but I was on the way to work (I work in Birmingham). My youngest bro picked up the phone and he said that I was at work. The chap asked him who are you, to which he replied that "I am his brother."

The phone was given to my mum and she gave the chap from Islamabad my mobile number, despite the fact that I wrote it on the application form.

I was surprised by the length of the interview. It only lasted 3/4 minutes, but that may be because I gave really short simple answers.

Anyway, I advise all of my fellow brothers and sisters who are about to apply to first discuss with their spuse all the information on your visa application form, and to note the information in a small diary. Keep this diary with you at all times. Have a read of it every now and then also.

I am regularly praying for my fellow brothers and sisters that inshAllah, may Allah SWT allow your visa applaications to become successful as soon as possible. Ameen.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:58 am

Salaam

Any ones partners traveling next week coming to UK?
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 am

Hi

In regards to calls, they do call work place if not just call sponsor to verify details and that you are actually sponsoring spouse as some cases like below where details have been used again under different names. Some people are not genuine and want to get visa for someone and a random call will catch them out as details dont match.
Make sure you know your approx marriage dates, D.O.B, names, length of stay etc etc. Keep details on you as a random call and if your busy these answers just fly out of your head.

someone I know worked at a business then 1 years later they called asking for the chap, luckily he was still working there at the time and they asked have you applied for Visa? he said NO only my wife 1 year ago.

They said someone was trying to use his details again to get a Visa issued for someone. So our paperwork is never safe as you get some inside people trying to fiddle the system and use the same paperwork but just change names etc. So the chap said we will look into it.

They must get away with it in some cases and make a fortune.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day has finally arrived

Post by MrsJKH » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 am

Salaam Everyone

I got an email this morning to state husband can go and collect his passport. Thank you Allah

Online tracking status changed to ready for collection today as well.

So he has gone to collect it today from Gerrys in Islamabad and is booking his flight

Whoo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Still in shock

Good luck everyone!

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 am

Salaam Everyone,

I'm in the process of sending my documents to my husband just want to find out what is the general processing and reply time with Visa applications in Pakistan?? I think my husband will be submitting his Application in the Islamabad office.

Any response will be much appriciated :)

Thank You

MrsJKH
Newly Registered

Post by MrsJKH » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 am

missy12 wrote:

Make sure you send enough supporting evidence and write a letter on your behalf as well as they want to hear from you as well. It will take inshallah about 3-4 months for appeal to go through etc....
So he submits appeal papers via a Good solicitor in Pakistan who is acting as representative. You get the solicitors email address and say to him ANY correspondance he receives to scan and email that to you.
Appeal papers sent to first tier Tribunal in Leiceister. They send acknowledgement letter to Representative (solicitor). YOu get FCO number and appeal number which you will need to quote to get any feedback when you email AbuDhabi or call First Tier Tribunal. They then forward to Abu Dhabi who look at eveidence and will either say O.k we Overturn the decision, review or say No and thus take it to oral hearing at court.

Inshallah they will overturn and inform first tier Tribunal as well. Representative will receive letter stating decision and email as well. I think you will probably hear something in July Inshallah

Keep up to date with whats going on by calling
First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
PO Box 7866
Loughborough LE11 2XZ
United Kingdom

Tel: (+44) (0)845 600 0877

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day has finally arrived

Post by XnailaX » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 am

[quote="MrsJKH"]Salaam Everyone

I got an email this morning to state husband can go and collect his passport. Thank you Allah

Online tracking status changed to ready for collection today as well.

So he has gone to collect it today from Gerrys in Islamabad and is booking his flight

Whoo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Still in shock

Good luck everyone![/quote]

congratulations mrsJKH...well done...some good news makes us all think positive again for thoes who are also waiting...;)...