ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got approval of permenent resedance card for eea fam member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robby1
BANNED

got approval of permenent resedance card for eea fam member

Post by robby1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:16 pm

hi guys, finally got my approval letter of permeent resedance card for family member of e u citizen under e u directive,valid for ten years,got approval before i expected,it was a new experience for dep of justice, as i have not heard from any who got approval of p r card,thanks for all your help and advices ,specially ben. Thanks robby

rlow68

Re: got approval of permenent resedance card for eea fam mem

Post by rlow68 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:51 pm

robby1 wrote:hi guys, finally got my approval letter of permeent resedance card for family member of e u citizen under e u directive,valid for ten years,got approval before i expected,it was a new experience for dep of justice, as i have not heard from any who got approval of p r card,thanks for all your help and advices ,specially ben. Thanks robby
What do you mean by Permanent Residence, do they write permanent residence on it? 5 years or until the expiration of your passport? Your response will be appreciated please

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi how long its take to process the application and what document did you submitted ????????

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:32 pm

applied for permenent resedance card,on eu form 3,department took six months to process,permission is valid for ten years and will be renewed automatically without any requirment,if your passport is expiring before ten years, u will get stamp until the expiry of passport,when u renew your passport u will get d rest on it.documents required are mentioned on eu form 3.thanks

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 pm

robby1 wrote:applied for permenent resedance card,on eu form 3,department took six months to process,permission is valid for ten years and will be renewed automatically without any requirment,if your passport is expiring before ten years, u will get stamp until the expiry of passport,when u renew your passport u will get d rest on it.documents required are mentioned on eu form 3.thanks
It seems this country is copying UK in everything, UK initially started with 5 years, later it was changed to 10 years, but now after your first initial 5 years, what they issue now is indefinite residence. They have stopped the 10 years., I know this for a fact.
With time let us hope they will have permanent residency in this country also after the first 5 years, instead of this ten years.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ROBBY1

malikscompany

Re: got approval of permenent resedance card for eea fam mem

Post by malikscompany » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 pm

robby1 wrote:hi guys, finally got my approval letter of permeent resedance card for family member of e u citizen under e u directive,valid for ten years,got approval before i expected,it was a new experience for dep of justice, as i have not heard from any who got approval of p r card,thanks for all your help and advices ,specially ben. Thanks robby
Congrates.

can you please tell me what documents did you submit/ they ask for with your application ??

Thanks

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Congrats.

Haven't seen many achieve PR yet.

Well done :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Guys,
how do you mean not seen many achievements in PR?

Does that mean they are refusing it? if they do on what grounds?

your help will be appreciated as I am applying for mine next month.

I have been working for about 7 years, 5 years on eufam card.

My wife has no job for about 1 year and is doing a course through FAS?
However, she worked for 4 years before and fell sick to leave the country for 10 months for medical treatment. She is back for 6 months now

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:30 pm

I doubt they are refusing may applications for Permanent Residence Card.

Most of the people in this forum are new to this. They are applying for the first time (for a Residence Card or even an initial visa) and are nervous and unsure of how things work.

Once you have been in Ireland (or wherever) for 5 years, it feels a lot easier and many do not need to reach out for assistance.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 pm

knapps wrote:Guys,
how do you mean not seen many achievements in PR?

Does that mean they are refusing it? if they do on what grounds?

your help will be appreciated as I am applying for mine next month.

I have been working for about 7 years, 5 years on eufam card.

My wife has no job for about 1 year and is doing a course through FAS?
However, she worked for 4 years before and fell sick to leave the country for 10 months for medical treatment. She is back for 6 months now
Hi knapps, sorry to worry/confuse you. I meant that it hasn't been seen much as not a lot of people in Ireland have completed their 5 years as the DOJ played hardball for a while and most people didn't get residence cards til 2006/2007 or are only applying recently.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:36 pm

First of all a massive thank to all of you to put me at ease:-))) happy face.

Yes, i got married in 2006 and went to local immigration office in Cork, they gave me stamp 4 based on marriage,

Then in 2007 they gave me eufam 4 for 1 year

Then in 2008 , when i applied they gave me another year eufam 4 but told me to apply under Eu form 1 i think.. then they gave me 5 years stamp..plus two years i already had obtained...

So, since 5 years will be over in may this year...i will apply for both PR and Citizenship....I will keep you posted