ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR (ILR) possible with dual permanent residency ??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sys_sagar

HSMP JR (ILR) possible with dual permanent residency ??

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:39 am

MY Case:
I was approved for HSMP before Nov 2006 and came to UK on 16th March 2007. I extended by visa in March 2009 and now on Tier 1(general). It is obvious that I will come under JR policy when due to apply for Permanent residency in March 2012 ( no life in UK test & no scoring of points)

I also got US green card last year in Dec 2010. US green card is ILR equivalent of UK.

I have got couple of questions as follows:

1. I want to know if I can apply for ILR - UK after already having US green card
2. What are my chances of getting ILR and what sort of questions can i face at POE ?
3. Re residency requirements, I know that the main applicant cant remain outside UK for more than 180 days in 5 years . Are there any such residency requirements for Dependent ?
4. Does residency requirmements applies to child born in UK ( my daughter would 2 years old by next year when I am due to apply for ILR) ?

jami
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP JR (ILR) possible with dual permanent residency ??

Post by jami » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:58 am

1. yes you can apply for ILR
2. Chances not effected by US green card - there would be no question about green card as being irrelevant to ILR
3.No
4.No

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 am

many thanks