ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soufyan
Newly Registered

Post by soufyan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:51 pm

mimine30 wrote:
kabuki wrote:
soufyan wrote: CAN I START WORKING WHEN I GET MY COA ??? THANX ALOT
Yes, you're COA should state that you have the right to work, and this should be enough for companies to hire you. However, I never tried as I'm currently studying. However, you won't be able to apply for an NI number. I tried and they said you have to have a passport, so you'll be charged at a higher rate of tax, although it will be refunded eventually.
completely wrong, COA with proof of adress is more than enough to apply for NI and allocation to that number is granteed. and even the timing is like everyone else,
iwon't go into details ,just know that they have not right to not give you an ni number with COA, wich clearly state about your right to accept offers of employment ,it takes about 2 weeks.
abt EEA2 application form..i will not need any evidence like LEASE or proof address...cuz we r living with familiar in private and i can fill this address in my application 2 receive my docms.i will not have any problems abt that!!!??? many thanx

soufyan
Newly Registered

Post by soufyan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:36 pm

soufyan wrote:
mimine30 wrote:
kabuki wrote:
Yes, you're COA should state that you have the right to work, and this should be enough for companies to hire you. However, I never tried as I'm currently studying. However, you won't be able to apply for an NI number. I tried and they said you have to have a passport, so you'll be charged at a higher rate of tax, although it will be refunded eventually.
completely wrong, COA with proof of adress is more than enough to apply for NI and allocation to that number is granteed. and even the timing is like everyone else,
iwon't go into details ,just know that they have not right to not give you an ni number with COA, wich clearly state about your right to accept offers of employment ,it takes about 2 weeks.
abt EEA2 application form..i will not need any evidence like LEASE or proof address...cuz we r living with familiar in private and i can fill this address in my application 2 receive my docms.i will not have any problems abt that!!!??? many thanx
in the case of my EU wife is studying.I CAN NOT apply for my RC until pass 3 months of our residense here...this is truth???

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:50 pm

mimine30 wrote:
kabuki wrote:
I know that the COA should be enough, but when I rang up to set up an appointment to apply for an NI number, I was told they couldn't give me an appointment without a passport. I told them that I have proof of address, a US driver's license, my COA and my birth certificate. They told me that I had to have my passport as a form of identification. I know the website says different, but I rang several times trying to set up an appointment, and I failed each time because I didn't have my passport.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Hello, please i will need advice here, my spouse apply for eea residence card and it is almost 3months now no reply from the HO, and we have try to reach our solicitor but he is not responding, we dont know if we can contact the HO direct and what are the information they will need from us to inquire what is the delay of the COA as it is yet to arrive almost 3moth now. Please what can we do as the solicitor is very hard to get to help us can we contact direct.

catk
Newly Registered

Re: eea2 applied in january

Post by catk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 pm

[quote="dolphine"]hi there,
is there anyone who applied for EEA2 in the beginning of January 2011 and already received it. thanks a lot.[/quote]

Just to share my timeline as I just received my RC today.

Applied for EEA2 13th Jan 2011
COA received mid-late February
RC stamped 7th Apr 2011
Received 18th April 2011

Some info about me/us:
Australian (husband French) with 2 small kids
However, my kids were not included in the application whatsoever as they both have French passports and in Australia they told me they are not part of the application since they are french already. They are not of school age yet either so couldn't fill in that part of application (and also didn't yet have NHS cards so didn't attach them either).

Thanks for posting timelines, I thought it was great and gave me hope that I would go on summer holidays!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:20 am

catk wrote:However, my kids were not included in the application whatsoever as they both have French passports and in Australia they told me they are not part of the application since they are french already. They are not of school age yet either so couldn't fill in that part of application
EEA nationals obviously can apply for a registration certificate on form EEA1 if they wish so. EEA national dependents can be included on that form as well. What part of the application form asks for school related data?

catk wrote:and also didn't yet have NHS cards so didn't attach them either
There is no requirement to include those. What would they be good for anyway?

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

re-apply

Post by smallpie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 am

hi pple am a big fan of this site and very gud for advices.. i applied for RC last year and was refused later this year april 2011.. reason- the caseworker says my eu-partner id card not valid to meet up the requirement. and it says further in the letter i can make another application if i feel am entitled as a family member of an eu-nationals. so i now re-applied immidediatley april 2011 , and now included my eu-partner valid passport with all other current docs, payslips, 3yrs joint tenancy agreement, joint council tax bills , joint electricity bills , water bills and other relevent docs of me and my eu-partner.
but the home office didnt return my passport in the 1st application as my old work permit has expired during the application. i indicated in the new application my old ukba ref number and stated they got my valid passport with them.
plz, i just wanna know frm the kind pple here, if i have done the right thing by re-applying again immidiately? and if anyone knows how long it take ukba to issue COA as for 2011 and RC.? thanks.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

berber

Can someone make it Clear for me Please

Post by berber » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:00 am

Hi everyone,

I am from North Africa, and My girlfriend from germany, we try to get married sice long time. the lawyer has said if you apply for COA there are chances they be removed back to your country. since that we try to get married on the church of england. also in the church you have to apply for common licence. it took us 11 month to have rights to get married on the church if you foreigner.

there we are going to get married on 3 week time from now woow.

the question:
- do i have to apply EEA1 or EEA2?

- do i have to apply after i will receive my ceertificat of mariage or i can apply with this common licence and when we get married i will update our files with cetificate of marige?

- could some tel us which are the document we have to give them?

sorry for asking lot thing i just do not wait any more after waiting church 11 month how long it take with Home office?

Regards

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Can someone make it Clear for me Please

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

berber wrote:- do i have to apply EEA1 or EEA2?
Neither. You can apply for a residence card on form EEA2 if you wish so and the EEA national is exercising treaty rights.

berber wrote:- do i have to apply after i will receive my ceertificat of mariage or i can apply with this common licence and when we get married i will update our files with cetificate of marige??
If you apply as a married couple you will obviously have to be married at that time.

berber wrote:-- could some tel us which are the document we have to give them?
Guidance notes, application form and check list are all to be found here and are very clear on what you are expected to submit.

berber wrote:- how long it take with Home office?
This very thread you have posted to is about time lines. It will help to read through it.

berber

Thanks useful information

Post by berber » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

Thank you

catk
Newly Registered

Post by catk » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:04 am

[quote="86ti"][quote="catk"]However, my kids were not included in the application whatsoever as they both have French passports and in Australia they told me they are not part of the application since they are french already. They are not of school age yet either so couldn't fill in that part of application[/quote]

EEA nationals obviously can apply for a registration certificate on form EEA1 if they wish so. EEA national dependents can be included on that form as well. What part of the application form asks for school related data?

[quote="catk"]and also didn't yet have NHS cards so didn't attach them either[/quote]

There is no requirement to include those. What would they be good for anyway?[/quote]

I wrote that regarding kids because some previous posts said that they had EEA national kids and that they thought it helped regarding their application (as it was more straightforward application and therefore more speedy perhaps?), but there is nowhere on the application to include your kids if they are already EEA nationals.

I think you can however provide a school letter, or for small children an NHS card for dependent children (section 9 documents) but not sure the requirements around this (whether for non-eea kids in your app or eea kids).
Just tried to include info to be helpful to others.

Anyway, I thought I got my RC much faster than I have heard others waited and was really pleased.

please
Newly Registered

HELLO I NEED HELP

Post by please » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 am

Hi im still working right now and i just got my Permanent work now my employer is asking for my passport and i have it with my FMRS stamp but it will soon be expired in MAY 2011. Question is am i allowd to work even if its expire? im married with polish ai know i have her rights but i need to wait atleast 3 months for my Residence card

Help please thank you

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:00 pm

I cannot find the answer anywhere. Does EEA citizen requires to get Registration Certificate in order to her non-EEA spouse to apply Registration card?

please
Newly Registered

Mitta

Post by please » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:33 pm

hi mitta as of april 30 WRS will be close means EEA national especially A8 national (ex.poland,Czech) will no longer need to register on WRS means if your partner is EEA you can straight apply to residence card

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Re: Mitta

Post by Nimitta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 am

please wrote:hi mitta as of april 30 WRS will be close means EEA national especially A8 national (ex.poland,Czech) will no longer need to register on WRS means if your partner is EEA you can straight apply to residence card
You misunderstood me. Registration Certificate has nothing to do with WRS. WRS is Work Registration Scheme which A8 had to apply in order to work in the UK. A8 also had to wait 1 year until they could apply for Registration Certificate (if they wish to) and their spouses from nonEEA countries could apply for Registration Card.

The question was whether EEA has to be a Registration Certificate holder prior to nonEEA spouse applying for Registration Card. Should they apply together? Or mabye EEA spouse can skip it at all and nonEEA can apply for Registration Card without EEA spouse getting or applying for Registration Certificate?

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Re: Mitta

Post by AnnaS » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:27 am

Nimitta wrote:
please wrote:hi mitta as of april 30 WRS will be close means EEA national especially A8 national (ex.poland,Czech) will no longer need to register on WRS means if your partner is EEA you can straight apply to residence card
You misunderstood me. Registration Certificate has nothing to do with WRS. WRS is Work Registration Scheme which A8 had to apply in order to work in the UK. A8 also had to wait 1 year until they could apply for Registration Certificate (if they wish to) and their spouses from nonEEA countries could apply for Registration Card.

The question was whether EEA has to be a Registration Certificate holder prior to nonEEA spouse applying for Registration Card. Should they apply together? Or mabye EEA spouse can skip it at all and nonEEA can apply for Registration Card without EEA spouse getting or applying for Registration Certificate?
No, EEA citizen is not required to get a registration certificate in order for their non-EEA partner to apply for a residence card. A few people have mentioned that it might help/speed up the process to apply together but that is only a guess. I made my application without my boyfriend applying for registration and still received my RC. Good luck;)

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks! Great to hear it!

djabea
Algeria

Post by djabea » Mon May 02, 2011 9:51 am

sent my EEA2 for me and EEA3 for my wife in march
still dont recive anything
no COA until now

Zhonor

COA received

Post by Zhonor » Sat May 14, 2011 9:43 am

EEA 2 application sent - 16th April 2011
HO received - 18th April 2011
COA (certificate of application) received - 13th May dated 4th May 2011

Will update once I receive my RC

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 pm

mimine30 wrote:thank you smallpie
could you link me to any page where this thread been discussed i cant find a lot
thanks again
mimine30, as soon as i get the link frm here i will update u to it. but in the main time, u can visit the ukba website on self employed or u ring them for relevant info abt self employed. all d best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 pm

seanp wrote:she dont work the same day every week and we dont submit her account statement besides i mistakenly ommitted our tenancy agreement wen submitting to HO and i av got my COA since jan and they never ask fot it , is it advisable to send it to them or should wait if they will ask for it
seanp, about ommiting yr tenancy agreement in yr application, u can send it seperately to the ukba, with a covering letter that u mistakely ommited it. it may or not be used to as part of yr docs, but such docs is not bad to show them..and if they dont need it, u will still get it bck anywayz..
Last edited by smallpie on Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: COA received

Post by smallpie » Mon May 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Zhonor wrote:EEA 2 application sent - 16th April 2011
HO received - 18th April 2011
COA (certificate of application) received - 13th May dated 4th May 2011

Will update once I receive my RC
hi zhonor, i applied just same time as u , sent 19th april 2011, ho recieved 20th.
not received COA yet tho..will contact them after end of this week if my COA not arrive. i wil be using yr time line with mine.. plz update asap. thanks. gud luck.
and did u applied as married or unmarried?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello smallpie :), I applied as a married couple. Hope you receive your COA soon :))

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Tue May 17, 2011 11:24 pm

hi zhonor, ok i think married applicant are given quicker consideration than unmarried lol.. am still waiting for my COA and will update u again.. lets hope they get bck to us on-time, as i noticed and heard they respond early lately.. all the best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Thu May 19, 2011 1:47 pm

zhonor, just an update for as i promised lol. i just got my COA in the post today 19th -05- 2011, with the permission to work or continue my employment . any update again , i will let u know.
time line : applied 19th april, ukba receive 20th april,
COA received by me 19th MAY 2011, which was dated 11th MAY.

next : ???? hopefully next few months .
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.