ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about to apply for ILR,is there anything obvious we'r mising

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghummy

about to apply for ILR,is there anything obvious we'r mising

Post by ghummy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:36 pm

hi, my wife is about to apply for her ILR, these are the documents we have compiled to send, can anyone think of anything we have missed.

2 passort photos of her
1 passport photo of mine
both our passports
my wage slips spanning over 1 year
my bank statement addressed to me spanning over 2 years
phone bill addressed to me over 2 years
water bill addressed to me over 2 years
investment letters from barclays addressed to me over 2 years
gas and electric bills addressed to her over 2 years
council tax bill addressed to her over 2 years
bank statements addressed to her since october 2010 (thats when she opened her a/c)
letter from hospital addressed to her (maternaty experiance questionnaire letter)
both our gp registration cards
british birth certificate for our daugher with both our name and address on it.
child trust fund letter addressed to me
letter from my solicitor stating my property is in the process of transfer to me following my mothers death, and a copy of a crown court probate certificate addressed to me.
original property inspection report from time of appying from spouse visa (nothing has changed exept my mother has now passed therefore i will explain that in a cover letter)
the cheque of £972!!!
life in the uk test pass letter

we cant think of anything else with our names on it, but i have a feeling that ive missed something really obvious, please can someone just scan their eyes above and see if anything is missing.

it states in the notes that we must provide photocopies aswell as originals, is this true? there is a huge amount of documents to photocopy and it seems impractical. is it a problem that all of our letters are addressed to us individually however to the same address?
thank you

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Looks like you are applying by post? any particular reason, I am suggesting to apply in person as HO is bit slow at the moment due to extra number of applications recently, also photocopies are not mandatory as who ever did not produce the photocopies had no problems what so ever included myself.

Secondly try to submit joint letters as many as possible. if you dont have enough joint then you should submit separate letters. Spread them all equally over two years.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Also dont forget to add child benefit letter ( should be on your name only ) and child tax credit if you apply ( should be on joint name )

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm

unfortunatly we dont have any joint named letters, however we have tons that are addressed to us individually, 3 different sources for her and 3 different sources for me. in total 20 letters amongsnt other things

do you think there will a problem that these letters are not in joint names?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 am

You are not in any problem, it says in guides and notes of SET M that if the letters are not addressed jointly than they can be addressed separately , but make sure you send as many as you can, dont give case worker any chance to ask you more. Also what about child benefit and tax credit letters.? as they are very strong evidence

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:33 pm

yes, we are sending child benefit letters, there in my name not my wifes as i am recieving them.

as for tax credits, we are not in receipt of them. although i am eligble and able to apply without bad effect, we didnt want to risk anything at all on public funds..