ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adura

Post by adura » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:44 am

My wife is equally waiting too,she applied 2009.
We sent a copies of my CoN ,my irish passport,her long birth certificate and her payslip.INIS acknowledge the receipt of the extra documentations within 48hrs .Hopefully someone is looking into her file.
The wait cotinues,hope it wont be for too long.
God makes all things beautiful

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

good morning. is there any happy news for us all, i

wated from marchh2oo9, please share any infrmation, thank you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 pm

adura wrote:My wife is equally waiting too,she applied 2009.
We sent a copies of my CoN ,my irish passport,her long birth certificate and her payslip.INIS acknowledge the receipt of the extra documentations within 48hrs .Hopefully someone is looking into her file.
The wait cotinues,hope it wont be for too long.
Did the INIS asked you to submitt these documents? or you do it yourself?
peace on you

jangs
Newly Registered

Post by jangs » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Ok Lads..
I called the ladies in Citizenship dept and this time--spoke to them last tuesday too, but did not get any convincing answer-- inis told me that my file had been with minister since last week.. I guess it is a good news and it shows we are making some progress.. Applied in Oct 2008 and additional docs sent in June 2010 after docs requested by dept.. I wont say my fingers are crossed but they are not vertical either..will keep u lads updated

Regards

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Guys

I need some help here; I applied late July 2008 and sent additional documents in May 2010.
I've been calling INIS since Feb 2011 and they told me that my file was sent to minister in Feb 2011.
I called them today and still the same answer; is it normal to have my file in the minister office for that long?
I know people who usually received decisions 3 or 4 weeks after file was sent to minister

Thanks for your help

:(

monte

Post by monte » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:54 am

Hi Tarakino,
I've a friend who got his approval last week and his file was also sent to the minister in Feb 2011, i guess with the government changes in early march that might have slowed down things a bit, i think you will hear from them soon.
i applied June 2008 and called today to be told that they are awaiting outside agency reports which have been requested since December 2010.
tarakino wrote:Hi Guys

I need some help here; I applied late July 2008 and sent additional documents in May 2010.
I've been calling INIS since Feb 2011 and they told me that my file was sent to minister in Feb 2011.
I called them today and still the same answer; is it normal to have my file in the minister office for that long?
I know people who usually received decisions 3 or 4 weeks after file was sent to minister

Thanks for your help

:(

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks Monte

I hope everyone will get sorted soon

Cheers

:)

Latan

Post by Latan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:19 am

Has anyone heard anything of the new "Fast Track"-application-form for Irish Citezenship that's going to be launched soon ? Apparently a turn-around- time of between 6-8 months is promised for new applicants !!

"Class of 2009."

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:58 am

Latan wrote:Has anyone heard anything of the new "Fast Track"-application-form for Irish Citezenship that's going to be launched soon ? Apparently a turn-around- time of between 6-8 months is promised for new applicants !!

"Class of 2009."
not heard of that, but I'd be kicking myself if it came in not long after I applied (I've applied only one and a half months ago!).

I'd say they probably will charge a higher fee for the fast track, but to give people certainty, most wouldn't mind paying it if they could find the money.

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

Latan wrote:Has anyone heard anything of the new "Fast Track"-application-form for Irish Citezenship that's going to be launched soon ? Apparently a turn-around- time of between 6-8 months is promised for new applicants !!

"Class of 2009."

Hi Latan

Where have you heard about that; do you have any source and when will it be launched?

Thanks

Latan

Post by Latan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 am

It's suppose to form part of the new Citizenship Act as well the outsourcing of some functions most notable the processing of citizenship applications to a private instittution-all to do with value-for-money for the tax payer. Well i suppose this all form part of the Goverment's new plan, don't be surprised if there's a increase in fees as well !!

"Class of 2009."

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 am

Latan wrote:It's suppose to form part of the new Citizenship Act as well the outsourcing of some functions most notable the processing of citizenship applications to a private instittution-all to do with value-for-money for the tax payer. Well i suppose this all form part of the Goverment's new plan, don't be surprised if there's a increase in fees as well !!

"Class of 2009."
But that will not be fare for the applicants who are already applied.
for sure if the INIS asked us to increase the fees but to give us any decision by 6 to 8 months time we will agree for sure.
and I think that will not happen because they would be descrminating against the already applied applicants.
peace on you

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Folks, I have just been told over the phone that my file has been sent to the minister.
It is a surprise really as a week ago I received a letter requesting for the copy of GNIB card, which I cannot provide due to my passports being with WCATT section for the renewal of Stamp 5. I have sent a letter to Tipperary explaining everything and asking if they can advise if my naturalization application can be resumed. I have also mentioned that I will only be able to renew my GNIB card around middle of May and should forward them a copy as soon as I have it.

In short, does this mean my case is being reviewed by the minister now no matter of the above mentioned situation or it'll be decided only on the receipt of GNIB card?
May the senior members in the forum kindly advise?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Marisa,
Since they say file is gone to minister. It is at most advanced stage, it can be. If they wanted to wait for GNIB card, they wouldnt send it. Hopefully you will hear good new soon. Best of Luck.
Regards
Tiggs

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Marisa,

If really your file has gone to the minister then you MUST be very lucky. If i were you, and because of the inconsistency among the inis staff, i will ring inis again next week to speak to a different person to know if he or she will confirm same thing.
In the mean time, I would say congrats cos` there`s a very good chance you`ll receive your approval letter soon.
Goodluck!
tiggs wrote:Hi Marisa,
Since they say file is gone to minister. It is at most advanced stage, it can be. If they wanted to wait for GNIB card, they wouldnt send it. Hopefully you will hear good new soon. Best of Luck.
Regards
Tiggs

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:17 pm

hi lads! 10/03/2011i was told that my application is at the final stage of processing and no further documentation or clarification related to this application is require at this moment,so question is how long does the final stage last?

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:27 pm

nd2011 wrote:Marisa,

If really your file has gone to the minister then you MUST be very lucky. If i were you, and because of the inconsistency among the inis staff, i will ring inis again next week to speak to a different person to know if he or she will confirm same thing.
In the mean time, I would say congrats cos` there`s a very good chance you`ll receive your approval letter soon.
Goodluck!

ND2011, thanks I really appreciate your support and advice. I will now call them on Tuesday to clarify.
tiggs wrote:Hi Marisa,
Regards
Tiggs
tiggs, thanks for your kind words, I probably should keep my fingers crossed

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Marisa,

this means they've been able to verify this internally and that your letter probably confirms this. And so as they believe, your GNIB will be renewed anyway, why wait ?
File sent to the minister, expect a yellow form soon and prepare your 950 euros.

This is good, I'd say in a month or less you should know (or to say have it)

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Marisa wrote:Hi Folks, I have just been told over the phone that my file has been sent to the minister.
It is a surprise really as a week ago I received a letter requesting for the copy of GNIB card, which I cannot provide due to my passports being with WCATT section for the renewal of Stamp 5. I have sent a letter to Tipperary explaining everything and asking if they can advise if my naturalization application can be resumed. I have also mentioned that I will only be able to renew my GNIB card around middle of May and should forward them a copy as soon as I have it.

In short, does this mean my case is being reviewed by the minister now no matter of the above mentioned situation or it'll be decided only on the receipt of GNIB card?
May the senior members in the forum kindly advise?

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 pm

[quote="nanette"] Marisa,

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Hi Nanette

A month or less; is this a general rule? INIS have confirmed on many occasions that my file was sent to minister at the start of Feb and I am still waiting...called them today and they said that they had no communication with the minister's office and that may be I would be waiting for some few weeks....is that normal?

Thanks

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi tarakino, when did you apply ?
additional docs when did you send them ?
I need a bit of story before I can comment on your case you know.
[b/]

Thanks,
Regis

tarakino wrote:
nanette wrote: Marisa,

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Hi Nanette

A month or less; is this a general rule? INIS have confirmed on many occasions that my file was sent to minister at the start of Feb and I am still waiting...called them today and they said that they had no communication with the minister's office and that may be I would be waiting for some few weeks....is that normal?

Thanks

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Nanette

I applied late July 2008, additional docs requested and sent May 2010
File sent to minister early Feb 2011.
I applied on basis of 5 years work permit, haven't taken any social welfare...

Thanks for your help
:?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Your nationality if may ask ?

Everything you've said looks clean.

tarakino wrote:Nanette

Thanks for your help

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Sure...I am Tunisian

nanette wrote:

Thanks for your help

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:31 pm

OK, just wait, you should be ok.
They usually do further checks for certain nationalities. It is infortunate but that way things are in this world.

Nanette.

tarakino wrote:Sure...I am Tunisian
nanette wrote:

Thanks for your help

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:38 pm

hi,the new minister is very busy now going around and checking everything he is in control of. therefore, he probably does not spend much time in the office signing on naturalisation applications.