ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Degree and Education Criteria after 6th of April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnewman
Newly Registered

ILR Degree and Education Criteria after 6th of April

Post by nnewman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Guys,

I have a questions.

I went through documents but still it was not clear 2 parts of the document:

Education and Age.

If applicant has been granted 30 points first time when applied for HSMP and also again got the point when extended to TIER1 is that mean the when ILR application is also going to give the 30 points? I know many people already said different things but is anyone has got recently bachelor degree points after 6th of April?

Secondly what age do they take consideration? When applicant has been granted entry as HSMP or extension as a TIER1?

I went through the forum but didn't find specially exact answer on age criteria.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Degree and Education Criteria after 6th of April

Post by nionlight » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

nnewman wrote:Guys,

I have a questions.

I went through documents but still it was not clear 2 parts of the document:

Education and Age.

If applicant has been granted 30 points first time when applied for HSMP and also again got the point when extended to TIER1 is that mean the when ILR application is also going to give the 30 points? I know many people already said different things but is anyone has got recently bachelor degree points after 6th of April?

Secondly what age do they take consideration? When applicant has been granted entry as HSMP or extension as a TIER1?

I went through the forum but didn't find specially exact answer on age criteria.
As par current rule, ( who knows what da hell they will change it to in future) You will get 30 point for bachelor if you got it during ur HSMP application. Same goes for Age. Your question "When applicant has been granted entry as HSMP or extension as a TIER1?" is confusing. Whatever point you got for HSMP same point you would get for Tier-1 as well as ILR. There is no reason why some one will get certain point in AGE section for HSMP application and different point for Tier-1 extension. I hope it clarifies for you.

nnewman
Newly Registered

Post by nnewman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi nionlight,
Concerning the age I'll explain why have got confusion.
I was 27 when got HSMP it made 20 point
When I extended TIER1 on Feb 2010 as an applicant who is already in the UK under Tier 1 (General), I claim points as follows:
Under 31 years of age: 20 points; I was 29

On SET 0 document, SECTION 9 - TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT
Applications for indefinite leave to remain where an applicant has had, leave as a Writer, Composer
or Artist, Self Employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010

28-29 Age I get 10 points now.

This is what I mean. I don't get the same point for the age when I got in my last extension.

I think it's very serious issue. If this is the true then many people won't get the same point when they got in their last extension.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:59 pm

nnewman wrote:Hi nionlight,
Concerning the age I'll explain why have got confusion.
I was 27 when got HSMP it made 20 point
When I extended TIER1 on Feb 2010 as an applicant who is already in the UK under Tier 1 (General), I claim points as follows:
Under 31 years of age: 20 points; I was 29

On SET 0 document, SECTION 9 - TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT
Applications for indefinite leave to remain where an applicant has had, leave as a Writer, Composer
or Artist, Self Employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place before 6 April 2010

28-29 Age I get 10 points now.

This is what I mean. I don't get the same point for the age when I got in my last extension.

I think it's very serious issue. If this is the true then many people won't get the same point when they got in their last extension.
Hi,

Your post is so confusing. I am not sure if it is just me. you just mentioned "I was 27 when got HSMP it made 20 point
Under 31 years of age: 20 points; I was 29 "

so you did get 20 point for both on initial HSMP and extension to Tier-1 as you should get. Now what is the problem? You will get 20 again for ILR.

nnewman
Newly Registered

Post by nnewman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Sorry for making confusion. But I try to understand the age qualification criteria. If it's based on first time HSMP application then we all get the same point when we entered the UK. But if it's based on when you extended your visa in that case you won't get the original point (you get older).

Is it clear?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:49 pm

nnewman wrote:Sorry for making confusion. But I try to understand the age qualification criteria. If it's based on first time HSMP application then we all get the same point when we entered the UK. But if it's based on when you extended your visa in that case you won't get the original point (you get older).

Is it clear?
As par current law it doesn't matter you get older or not. You will get exact same point during your Tier-1 extension same as you got on your first HSMP and will get exact same point for ILR, no matter how old you get.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:28 pm

nionlight wrote:
nnewman wrote:Sorry for making confusion. But I try to understand the age qualification criteria. If it's based on first time HSMP application then we all get the same point when we entered the UK. But if it's based on when you extended your visa in that case you won't get the original point (you get older).

Is it clear?
As par current law it doesn't matter you get older or not. You will get exact same point during your Tier-1 extension same as you got on your first HSMP and will get exact same point for ILR, no matter how old you get.
You might wanna take into account the gap between applying for HSMP letter and hsmp visa. A lot happens in that little period, I was under 28 when I applied for HSMP letter (means 20 points). When they took the decision I was 28 (10 points). Which effectively means my age at the time of EC application was 28 and come extension (after 2 years) I was 30. That's why I got 10 points in age category.

@OP, They consider age at the time of application of HSMP (Visa or letter, not sure yet). But it will be that age since you extended your stay from HSMP to T1.
Goodluck.

nnewman
Newly Registered

Post by nnewman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 am

[iD] wrote:
nionlight wrote:

Is it clear?
You might wanna take into account the gap between applying for HSMP letter and hsmp visa. A lot happens in that little period, I was under 28 when I applied for HSMP letter (means 20 points). When they took the decision I was 28 (10 points). Which effectively means my age at the time of EC application was 28 and come extension (after 2 years) I was 30. That's why I got 10 points in age category.

@OP, They consider age at the time of application of HSMP (Visa or letter, not sure yet). But it will be that age since you extended your stay from HSMP to T1.
If they will take the age on when we extended our HSMP visa to TIER1 then many people who were 27 when applied for visa (when decision made) won't get the same point (20 points) because now they don't give the same points (because 20 points is not granted the age category 28-29, which used to be in up to 30 when I did extension). I really want if someone could share their recent experience with us.

nnewman
Newly Registered

Post by nnewman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:45 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 819#480819

Here’s is the recent example for the age and bachelor degree criteria.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Please read the below from 6.1 Requirements for indefinite leave to remain – paragraph 245CD
Age wrote:
If the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed lawyer or Tier 1 General) Migrant and has not been granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points will be awarded based on the applicant’s age at the date of the application for that first grant of leave.
Goodluck.