ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend DISCRETIONARY LEAVE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Extend DISCRETIONARY LEAVE

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi everyone,
can someone please advise me on what form i need to use for my wife who was granted 3-years of Discretionary leave on the basis of marriage.

is it FLR(o) FORM or HPDL form?
if it is FLR(O) FORM, can i apply to extend her Discretionary leave using premium service.

any suggestions is highly appreciated.

thank you in advance

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 pm

anyone please???

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

See also Discretionary leave to remain.
Discretionary leave is granted outside the immigration rules.
What services are available? wrote:Additionally, they cannot consider cases that are complex or not covered by the Immigration Rules. These applications must be made by post.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Thank you Vinny, so I guess its FLR(O) TO EXTEND DISCRETIONARY LEAVE. CAN I APPLY IN PERSON??? AS FLR(O) FORM DOES ALLOW PREMEIUM SERVICE.

ALSO ONE LAST QUESTION, MY WIFES CURRENT VISA EXPIRES JAN 2012,WAS GRANTED IN JAN 2009 AS SHE WAS UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
NOW SHE IS 21 YEARS OF AGE.IS IT WORTH GOING BACK TO SOUTH AFRICA AND APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA NOW, AS SHE WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ILR IN 2013 PROVIDED RULES DON'T CHANGE MUCH OR APPLY TO EXTEND HER DISCRETIONARY LEAVE BEFORE JAN 2012,THAT WAY SHE'L BE ELIGIBLE FOR ILR IN 2015 AFTER COMPLETING 6 YEARS OF DICRETIONARY LEAVE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:29 am

It's her choice. She may have more options if the UKBA loses their appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 pm

vinny do you mean to say if UKBA LOSE quila appeal, then we can challenge UKBA TO review her case??
ie she was refused spouse visa because she was under 21 years of age however granted 3 years discretionary leave.
Would UKBA review her case the fact that they gave her some sort of leave.(ie discretionary)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Perhaps. Depends on the judgment.