ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no entry/departure dates on visa stamp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manUTd

no entry/departure dates on visa stamp

Post by manUTd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:31 am

hi guys,

i am applying for 10 yr ilr . in 2002 i went to france and i can vaguely remember that i went there for 9 days. on the schenghen visa it says duration of stay:15 days.
the confusing thing is there is no stamp anywhere on the passport that shows when i entered france and when i left.
guys , what should i do? there is a section on the form(set0) that i have to state my absences.
can any1 help pls? :? :? :?

ash786
BANNED

Re: no entry/departure dates on visa stamp

Post by ash786 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:54 pm

manUTd wrote:hi guys,

i am applying for 10 yr ilr . in 2002 i went to france and i can vaguely remember that i went there for 9 days. on the schenghen visa it says duration of stay:15 days.
the confusing thing is there is no stamp anywhere on the passport that shows when i entered france and when i left.
guys , what should i do? there is a section on the form(set0) that i have to state my absences.
1. Normally a schengen visa country wud put stamp for exit and entry (my passport has got the stamps).
2. I am very surprised that there is not stamps in u passport and u might wana check it properly.
2. The only other option is to find your ticket details, look at u bank statements and see the activity on your account.
3. If u were student then u wud have been given a letter from your uni/college for it.
4. If you do not have any then u will have to put wat u remember.

[iD]

Re: no entry/departure dates on visa stamp

Post by [iD] » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 pm

ash786 wrote:
manUTd wrote:hi guys,

1. Normally a schengen visa country wud put stamp for exit and entry (my passport has got the stamps).
2. I am very surprised that there is not stamps in u passport and u might wana check it properly.
2. The only other option is to find your ticket details, look at u bank statements and see the activity on your account.
3. If u were student then u wud have been given a letter from your uni/college for it.
4. If you do not have any then u will have to put wat u remember.
Exactly! I went to portugal in feb and they stamped my visa on entry and exit. If I'm correct when you apply for schengen visa they specifically tell you to get your passport stamped on entry and exit in case immigration officer forgets or ignores.
You might wanna double check your passport for stamps from France.
Goodluck.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:54 pm

THANKS U FOR YOUR REPLY.
i have checked my passport for any stamps n i have checked it thoroughly but couldnt find any stamp for that trip. when i applied for that visa i wasnot told to make sure that my passport get stamped. i thought it would be obvious to the authorities concerned to stamp it.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:52 pm

manUTd wrote:THANKS U FOR YOUR REPLY.
i have checked my passport for any stamps n i have checked it thoroughly but couldnt find any stamp for that trip. when i applied for that visa i wasnot told to make sure that my passport get stamped. i thought it would be obvious to the authorities concerned to stamp it.
How about requesting SAR?
Goodluck.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:57 pm

[iD] wrote:
manUTd wrote:THANKS U FOR YOUR REPLY.
How about requesting SAR?
1. SAR does not contain any information regarding your travel history.
2. I have my SAR file and it does not contain anythink apart from the landing card wen u first entered the UK.