ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WITH ILR HELP AN OVERSTAYER?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

forwardever

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WITH ILR HELP AN OVERSTAYER?

Post by forwardever » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:17 pm

i dont really know how application for dependant works so i thought i should ask fellow members and experts of this forum...a friend of mine his mum came to the UK for treatment 2001 or 2002 not sure when excertly she went back 2003 and then came 2005 for the same treatment since then till date she is still in the country and she is now an overstayer,her son which is my friend came 2007 got married to a BC and got his ILR last year,is it possible for his mum to depend on him???how can he help his mum to stay in the country???any advice will highly be appriciated...thanks

Regards

joh118

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WITH ILR HELP AN OVERSTAYER?

Post by joh118 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

forwardever wrote:i dont really know how application for dependant works so i thought i should ask fellow members and experts of this forum...a friend of mine his mum came to the UK for treatment 2001 or 2002 not sure when excertly she went back 2003 and then came 2005 for the same treatment since then till date she is still in the country and she is now an overstayer,her son which is my friend came 2007 got married to a BC and got his ILR last year,is it possible for his mum to depend on him???how can he help his mum to stay in the country???any advice will highly be appriciated...thanks

Regards
It is pretty much impossible to legalise her stay within the UK. If she wants to legalise her stay, she will have to leave the UK and apply from abroad.

please see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... relatives/

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:01 am

thank you john for your advice,according to my friend she was daignose of breast cancer 2002 had surgery and went back to her country and came back for checkup 2005 since then she has been here,she is scared that she will not be able to afford her medication in her home country which she has to take for the rest of her life...if she go back to her home country will she have chance of gettin visa to come back as she has breached the immigration rule or will they ignore that???her fear is that she wont be able to afford her medication if they refuse her visa and there is no way her son can get her medication on her behalf unless she is over 60..do you think she has a high chance of gettin visa from her country ???thanks

Regards

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:30 am

forwardever wrote:thank you john for your advice,according to my friend she was daignose of breast cancer 2002 had surgery and went back to her country and came back for checkup 2005 since then she has been here,she is scared that she will not be able to afford her medication in her home country which she has to take for the rest of her life...if she go back to her home country will she have chance of gettin visa to come back as she has breached the immigration rule or will they ignore that???her fear is that she wont be able to afford her medication if they refuse her visa and there is no way her son can get her medication on her behalf unless she is over 60..do you think she has a high chance of gettin visa from her country ???thanks

Regards
Her case is complicated. Please seek advice of a professional immigration consultant.