ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M english language Req urgent help needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JiyaKhan
Newly Registered

FLR M english language Req urgent help needed

Post by JiyaKhan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:22 am

I applied spouse visa on FLR M i was a student then got married to a British Citizen pass my Life in the UK test aand i applied on 28/03/2011 along with all the documents but i did not done A1 english test, bio been taken by HO on 06/04/2011 and i am worried what will happen now will they refuse my application due to not providing A1 English certificate i just provided Life in the UK my student visa is valid untill 05/2012. Can i do my A1 test now and send them that certificate.

superstar

Re: FLR M english language Req urgent help needed

Post by superstar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:52 pm

hi can any one put light on this topic cos i also need the same info for my wife. i am going to apply for my wife in 2 weeks time just for extension for some months then she will apply for herself on 10 years basis but she need 1 extension for atleast 8 moths.
just wondering that if any one can explain here that, do we really need to get A1 for FLR(M)??? how about if someone has already certificats in english such as (entry level 2 or level 3 in all four (listening, speaking, writing and reading) from the recognized intitute which ukba has mentioned for A1 qualification :?
any help will be really appreciated.

regards

atikhonee

Post by atikhonee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 am

@JiyaKhan
The A1 English requirement is only for those who are applying from outside the u.k or the person who are on finance visa and going to extend their stay switching to marriage. student are exempted from this as they have high level of English before applying for student visa.

atikhonee

Post by atikhonee » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:43 am

superstar @
if you have valid English certificates in entry level 2 or 3 from recognized institution as in the ukba list you don't need to be worry . A1 level is the lower level of English as entry level 2 is higher

superstar

Post by superstar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:32 pm

atikhonee wrote:superstar @
if you have valid English certificates in entry level 2 or 3 from recognized institution as in the ukba list you don't need to be worry . A1 level is the lower level of English as entry level 2 is higher
@atikhonee
thx for quick reply
will send those certificates thx again

JiyaKhan
Newly Registered

FLR M decision came

Post by JiyaKhan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:34 am

Hi every one my FLR M decision came and they refused my FLR M application on the basis i did not provide A1 english certificate and they gave me Discretionary leave for 3 years. Is any one plz help me becoz i want spouse visa not DL plz reply me ASAP how i can change it and wat i do now.

minty

Post by minty » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Where did you apply for your FLR m. Was it by post or premium service

When they checked your documents didnt they tell you that you had A1 certificate missing. ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:54 pm

If you read the first post - you find the OP hadn't DONE the A1 test at the point of application and appears to have done it by post because they were waiting on the response.

As is clear from the UKBA website - the Life in the UK test is not sufficient for the language requirement.

To the OP - take an A1 test, pass it, get the certificate and then reapply.

M.

elv15

Re: FLR M decision came

Post by elv15 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:14 pm

JiyaKhan wrote:Hi every one my FLR M decision came and they refused my FLR M application on the basis i did not provide A1 english certificate and they gave me Discretionary leave for 3 years. Is any one plz help me becoz i want spouse visa not DL plz reply me ASAP how i can change it and wat i do now.
Jiya Kahn how long have you been married and do you have kids?
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 pm

MPH80 wrote:If you read the first post - you find the OP hadn't DONE the A1 test at the point of application and appears to have done it by post because they were waiting on the response.

As is clear from the UKBA website - the Life in the UK test is not sufficient for the language requirement.

To the OP - take an A1 test, pass it, get the certificate and then reapply.

M.
the problem with applying is that the OP now does not have leave ' within the rules' as discretionary leave is granted outside the rules and therefore he does not satisfy 295D i) in order to apply for leave uf remain.

He could either apply from outside the UK or try his luck and either get the A1 and ask them to reconsider to avoid wasting the fee or apply and pay the fee and hope they exercise their discretion and a bit of common sense.