ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sophil
Newly Registered

Child born in the UK

Post by sophil » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:07 pm

I m holding Tier1 visa, husband as dependant and, my child born in Jan 2009 in UK and got Indian passport for him, but not applied for dependant visa since we didnt plan any trips outside UK.

My five year period ends in Jun 2011, so need to apply for ILR for both my husband and son.

My doubt is:
Does my son require dependant visa before applying for the ILR??
IS it required?? or
Can i apply for ILR with my son's Indian passport alone along with me(main applicant) and my husband (dependant)??

Please throw some light how to proceed with the application and your help will be much appreciated..

I did read the message from the link reg moderators and newly joined members, i am aware of it.

But in the mails i saw your reply, which was relevant to my doubt and my case, so i thought you are the person who has more information and experience about my case.

I know you are spending your precious time for our valuable questions, which is really worth.

So if you could kindly consider my doubt and clarify it, it will be very helpful to apply for my ILR. Moreover i couldnt find an answer for my case in the ukba website. Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Adaikala

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 pm

vinny wrote:See also need for a dependent visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sophil
Newly Registered

Visa status of child born in uk to parents with Tier1 visa

Post by sophil » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi John and Vinny,

Thanks for your quick and prompt response.

So I can wait and include my son's application along with mine and my husband.

Thanks a lot, for giving me the right information so quickly, it relieves most of my stress towards the ILR application.
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:See also need for a dependent visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm

See also child born in the UK. If child is registering for British citizenship after a parent is granted ILR, then even child's ILR is unnecessary.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.