ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Tier 2 (General) without CoS number

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missfitsz
Newly Registered

Application for Tier 2 (General) without CoS number

Post by missfitsz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Applied for my visa since September 2010, sent off my application without a CoS but a cover letter from my employer. Due to the interim period that time, only a limited number of CoS was given out. Today, I have been through 3 appeal process from different departments, and I have just gotten my CoS last week.

Question now is, do I send in my CoS number to the Upper Tribunal department? Or do I have to make fresh new application with my assigned CoS?

If I were to make a fresh new application, I would need to go back to my home country to do so. I do not have £800 in my account for 3 consecutive months from such a short notice, therefore, need to confirm if I can use my guardian's to support your funds with a letter from the bank how much the currency is equivalent to £ ?

I look forward to hearing from you all :)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:34 pm

safest thing to do is...

go back home and apply via COS. you cant supply them a COS to the already outstanding application.

statement MUST have your name on it to get maintenance points.

do make sure you satisfy ALL the requirements when u apply from your home country

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Application for Tier 2 (General) without CoS number

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 pm

missfitsz wrote:I have just gotten my CoS last week.
Issued after 06-Apr then?

In that case, you must have been issued with an "unrestricted" CoS, which you may not be able to you for an entry clearance application from outside the UK (which requires a "restricted" CoS).

Both you and your employer may get into trouble if you try to use an unrestricted CoS for an entry clearance application (read 62-67 of the policy guidance).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Application for Tier 2 (General) without CoS number

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:14 pm

1. Appeal to FTTIAC.
2. Appeal to Upper Tribunal, if permission given.
3. Appeal to Court of Appeal, if permission given.

missfitsz wrote:I have been through 3 appeal process from different departments
If not the above, please explain the "3 appeal processes" that you have gone through.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

uniriri

Post by uniriri » Fri May 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi,

I might be in a similar situation - My company is still currently in the process of applying for sponsorship license and then COS but i'm afraid that I wont get the COS before my visa expire.

1) what happened when you sent your application without COS? did they refuse your application or what it termed invalid? if so, how long did that whole process take?

2) i see its been a months since your last post, whats your situation now?