ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit - Settlement - SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kshahzad
Newly Registered

Work Permit - Settlement - SET(O)

Post by kshahzad » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Like other WP holders (non-tier), I have also been caught by surprise because of recent changes made by HO for SET(O). My job title is not mentioned in the list of occupations. There are two of them that closely match my responsibilities, and my base salary is slightly below but close to the one with lower rate. So, I am trying to figure out what options do I have. Would someone please comment on the following:

1. If I ask for a pay rise (and assuming I receive it, which I believe I will) in order to be at or above the minimum rate and ask HR to mention the relevant code along with a brief explanation (I have seen some templates on this forum), the main concern is whether HO would want to see proof of this money going into my bank account? (they have not mentioned anything similar in the guidance or in the form). Because my visa runs out in the end of June, there is only May in between where I could get the new salary. So, in the best case, I may be able to provide only one such statement showing salary above minimum limit (May statement). In the worst case (if it does not happen in May), no bank statement showing salary above the minimum rate, but only an official letter from HR. Would that suffice the requirement?

2. Our company has started a new bonus scheme recently, counting which would take my annual salary above the minimum rate. But can bonus or incentive schemes be considered part of salary or not? Any pointers or links that refer to this being acceptable or not acceptable as part of salary would be appreciated.

Any relevant advice or suggestions on above points are also welcome.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kshahzad
Newly Registered

Post by kshahzad » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:See also Salary issue for WP holders
Thanks for pointing out the other thread, which I will duly follow. Anyone with any views on my point 2 above?

xyz123

Re: Work Permit - Settlement - SET(O)

Post by xyz123 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:49 pm

kshahzad wrote: 2. Our company has started a new bonus scheme recently, counting which would take my annual salary above the minimum rate. But can bonus or incentive schemes be considered part of salary or not? Any pointers or links that refer to this being acceptable or not acceptable as part of salary would be appreciated.

Any relevant advice or suggestions on above points are also welcome.
i would that that if you want your bonus to be considered as salary then the bonus has to be a mandatory entitlement through contract and that it is fixed or at least have a minimum value (both unlikely to be written in the contract)

If you want it to be considered as your earnings then whatever you are paid would count as long as its on your payslips and then paid into account.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Any payment that the employment has a legal obligation to pay as per the terms and conditions of employment and is reflected in your payslip .. is part of your "salary".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!