ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from 6th April 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tweedum
Newly Registered

ILR from 6th April 2011

Post by Tweedum » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:42 am

Hi there,

In the proposed guidance for ILR, it clearly states that the applicant needs to produce similar documentations to evidence the points scored when the current leave to remain was granted. Does this mean for income, the applicant need to produce 2 forms of collaborating evidence from two different sources showing the exact amount between them?

I intent to apply for my ILR (as WP-Tier1 holder) in May 2011 (around 16th May) and show evidence for income for the 2010-11 financial year. I intend to supply the caseworker with payslips from 6th April 2010 to 5th April 2011. This will evidence as the source from the employer and I intend to supply P60 as the other source which will come under the 'tax man'. Is that sufficient?

My time line: - WP EC obtained 16-05-2006, First Entered UK: 11-06-2006

Please advise.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Tweedum

ALI74

Re: ILR from 6th April 2011

Post by ALI74 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Although Payslips and P60 should be treated different sources

But Home Office treat it the same source

I will recommend to order your 5 years Tax History from Tax Office

So that will be an additional source and will verify your payslip and P60

Which is certainely from a 3rd party..

Good Luck

kunald

Post by kunald » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:10 pm

ALI74 wrote:Although Payslips and P60 should be treated different sources

Good Luck
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between P60 and Tax history? Aren't both issued by the same agency (HMRC)?

ALI74

Post by ALI74 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:18 pm

P60 is an official document prepared by employer on behalf of Tax Office

While the record of Tax office would confirm that Tax office hold the same record as prepared by employer and would have paid tax according to P60.

So its the confirmation of P60 that P60 is genuine.

Tweedum
Newly Registered

ILR from 6th April 2011

Post by Tweedum » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 am

Thanks Ali.

As for applying in person, I can go to one of the PEO 28 days prior to the completion of the 5 year continuous stay rite? Or do I have to fulfill the 5 years continuous stay and apply since my leave to remain is till 2013?

musaratnasreen

Post by musaratnasreen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 am

kunald wrote:
ALI74 wrote:Although Payslips and P60 should be treated different sources

Good Luck
Out of curiosity, what is the difference between P60 and Tax history? Aren't both issued by the same agency (HMRC)?
Yes true P60 and Tax history is the same thing. Both are authenticated documents from HMRC. However best way to produce the two different evidence of income are Pay slips and Bank statement. This has been the norm for last so many years. I would reckon I have not seen anywhere that UKBA treat Payslips and P60 as from same source

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Employer's letter

Post by Tweedum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Just to confirm, if I am claiming income earned for the whole of 2010-11, I can submit an employer's letter which gives the total amount for the year which will ultimately correspond with the P60 and HMRC letter. Will that be sufficient?

musaratnasreen

Re: Employer's letter

Post by musaratnasreen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Tweedum wrote:Just to confirm, if I am claiming income earned for the whole of 2010-11, I can submit an employer's letter which gives the total amount for the year which will ultimately correspond with the P60 and HMRC letter. Will that be sufficient?
Since you have payslips as indicated in previous mails, you do not need employer letter. UKBA guidance clearly indicate that payslips and Employer letter are treated as the same source. Employer letter cannot be replacement of Tax history. I suggest that if there are payslips, money would have been credited in your account. If there is different arrangement then please as suggested to be on safe side do get Tax history

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Income - accounting issues

Post by Tweedum » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for ILR based on the 2010-11 tax year and will be evidencing with payslip, employer's letter and P60. However, i work through an umbrella company and my payslips are as below:

April 2010-July 2010
September 2010-March 2011

This is due to the accounting issues with the umbrella company eventhough I worked the month of August. I earned a total of £40k for the whole of 12 months which makes me eligible for the ILR.

Please advise if I can still apply for my ILR based on the 12 months continuous employment clause?

Tweedum
Newly Registered

P60

Post by Tweedum » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 am

I spoke to HMRC, the confirmed that the P60 is a tax document. Has anyone applied with P60 as evidence from the tax man?

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Anyone??

Post by Tweedum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Any views?

Tweedum
Newly Registered

P60

Post by Tweedum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi there,

Could someone confirm if P60 is considered as an employer based document or HMRC document please?

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Reading the Tier 1 settlement guidance will help.
For example: When providing documents for salaried employment, an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Post by Tweedum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks Sushmehta.

I got a little confused with this statement:

Official tax document produced by the tax authority or employer, showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year. For these purposes, we define official tax documents as:
•
a document produced by a tax authority that shows details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year (for example a tax refund letter or tax demand);
•
a document produced by an employer as an official return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year (for example a P60 in the United Kingdom); or
•
a document produced by a person, business, or company as an official return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year. The document must have been approved, registered, or stamped by the tax authority (this is particularly relevant to some overseas tax systems, for example SARAL in India).

So, is statement of earning from the HMRC will be considered as a different source?

Please advise.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Tweedum wrote:is statement of earning from the HMRC will be considered as a different source?
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Post by Tweedum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta. You are a star! :)