ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 - Application for naturalisation as an Irissh Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

Form 8 - Application for naturalisation as an Irissh Citizen

Post by knapps » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Does anyone know the following:

Do I only have to send the photocopies of all the documents including my job reference letters or original?

Do I have to get it notarized by a notary public?

I am applying based on 5 years on EUfam4 card.

Thanks in advance.

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi,

I applied there recently, and I had to have the following notarized:

1. My birth certificate
2. My husband's birth certificate
3. Our marriage certificate

Everything else was photocopied, including my passport, and that was it.

The lawyer that I went to for this had some really useful advice. One of which was to include a cover letter with the application, and specify, in order what is included.

I bought some document sleeves and separated the documents out into these, with each set of bills/documents being contained within an individual one, then put these into a binder in order.
She also made sure we'd photocopied every single page of my passport (it actually wasn't clear in the application - I thought they just wanted the relevant stamps).

I submitted as much documentation as possible (it was like a project in itself getting the documents together, and then photocopied).

I'd also recommend that someone else reads through the application notes and form once it is completed just in case you forget something (they can be very picky from what I heard!)

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:39 am

Hi kiwiwife,

Thanks for your kind help.

One question though,

Notary public will only notarized the photocopy of my birth certificate. Infect I have one already from my home country.

One more question, My wife is EU citizen and does not have her birth certificate here.The form does not say to give her birth certificate.

Is it really necessary. I won't go to a lawyer as I do not think that there is a need for that.

However, I like the idea of a covering letter plus sending application neatly.

Good advice.

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:44 am

Hi,

we went to the solicitors as my husband had to make a declaration that we were living together as man and wife, and seemingly the solicitor needed to know my husband (he had dealt with them when buying our house). I don't think this is applicable for spouses of EU citizens, as you'd be applying under 5 years residency, from what I understand, so only you would need to supply a birth certificate, although they may ask for your spouses (they asked for my husbands passport photo page too).

We also had our documents certified there too, so if you need anything certified, it's not a bad idea if a solicitors office is close by.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Thanks again,

Do you know how much did it cost you to notarize 1 document?

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi,

I've never actually been asked to pay (I've been to a couple of solicitors here over the years with documents to be certified). I'd expect it to not be more than 10 or 20 euro each, if they decide to charge for it.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:51 pm

ahh really, that is cool.

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:51 pm

I think I paid €20, and that was for the couple of notarized copies (birth cert etc) plus having the solicitor sign the bit on the application form where you swear the information is correct, etc.
He had never met me before- I just brought along my passport for ID.
Good luck- I was a bit neurotic about ensuring all my documents were there (I must've gone over the checklist a dozen times before putting it into the post!) and I also included a cover letter stating everything I was including with the application.