ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Q's

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srichar3
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa Q's

Post by srichar3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by srichar3 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:51 pm

No - it won't go against you that you've previously done it.

However, without the divorce - you can't show you'll get married within 6 months - so the fiancee visa will be very hard to prove.

M.

srichar3
Newly Registered

Post by srichar3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by srichar3 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:43 am

srichar3 wrote:Just had a thought,

If we re applied for the visitor visa and expalined about our realationship and our intentions to marry after my divorce is finnal and also explain that this would currently cause us problems with the applying a fiance visa although the proffered route for our circumstances. If my girlfriend also explains that she will return home at the end of the visa period or before if my decre absolute is granted as she is aware any overstay will impact on future settlement visa applications. Do you think this will add wait to showing she will return home? or is it just as likely to get rejected as the first?

Steve
Which ever way you want to pursue it, you will probally not succced.

My advise is to wait till your decree absoloute comes through and then apply for either a fiance or marriage visa. ( Marriage visa would be preferable).

srichar3
Newly Registered

Post by srichar3 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:13 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by srichar3 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm

srichar3 wrote:Well things just got a bit more complicated, my girlfriend now thinks she is pregnant :( if I carnt get her a visa in time for her to be here when the baby is born can i still get the child registered as a british citizen? ive searched on the net but most of the info I have found seem to be just about armed forces working abroad.

Thanks Steve
are you British? If so have you been British from birth? Were you born in the UK?

srichar3
Newly Registered

Post by srichar3 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:40 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by srichar3 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Well...well... am an indonesian girl who came to the uk last time on fiancee visa. Have your girlfriend ever come to the UK before? Cause if not then if she applies for fiancee visa, it will be so hard. Apply by using visitor visa first at least one with a successful result. May i know "no significant ties" mean? Cause i've applied visitor visa 4 times before fiancee visa in jakarta and all went well.

Pregnant? I've heard this thing so many times. Well, i didnt say your girlfriend did but some of them said it just to bind their boyfriend in order not to run away and of course for money. At times when the boyfriend insisted for proof, they will wait for time before saying they've lost the baby. Crazy, huh! Take her to see a doctor by YOURSELF without her knowledge.
Sorry if i'm wrong. But if she's really pregnant then congratulation.

Last you better take care of your divorce first until finally done before taking her to the UK, that way she wont have any problem later on.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 pm

srichar3 wrote:If she says shes pregnant I belive her, she knows im no mug and I already told her at the start of our relationship I will never send her money there for anything and she knows i mean this. As for trying to trap me why would she need to when im already trying to get her here, and any pregnancy will be perfectly obvious by the time my divorce is delt with.

As for the visitor visa, significant ties reffers to being tied to you home country such as dependant family, property or a job that you will return to. The biggest reason for visit visa being declined is that they know many people come here on visit visa just to dissapear, so they want to see some evidence you will return, this is why our application was declined.
In that case when you apply for a visa, enclosed her return ticket as well. Thats what i always did. She doesnt need to have a property as i also lived on a rental house by my own. If she works for herself (like me as an english tutor/interpreter), ask her to make my her own statement explaining her status, job etc then sign it on 'materai 6000' (she'll know
what i mean). Enclosed your each other correspondence proof as well.

Hope they can help her to get the visa.

srichar3
Newly Registered

Post by srichar3 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by srichar3 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:58 pm

srichar3 wrote:If we can prove she is pregnant, and the date on the dating scan coinsides with when I was last there, will it add weight to a fiance visa application? or does it not make any difference?

Steve
If you apply for fiancee visa then you MUST marry her in 6 months but you cant marry her until you really get absolute decree as one of the requirement. I doubt she'll be granted a fiancee visa if she's never been to UK before as it's considered as a settlement visa. If she's been to uk at least one then she has a better chance to be approved.

I dont know about pregnancy but if you insist maybe you need to enclose dna test letter that you are the father. I dont mean to let you down but they are so strict especially to us asian people. I've been through it and talked to people. Good luck anyway!

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:14 pm

srichar3 wrote:
Latilabox wrote:
I doubt she'll be granted a fiancee visa if she's never been to UK before as it's considered as a settlement visa.
Do you know this for fact or is it just your opinion? I dont see any requirment to have visitied the UK previously on the UKBA website

Regards Steve
One of my friend got married to a British citizen, so she applied for a spouse visa and rejected 3 times!!! Why? 1st cause she has never been to UK before and second she used wrong form in the 1st times. The third was granted after her parents in law involved in the case.

I never experience this thing as i apply for a visitor visa in the 1st place. On my 2nd, 3rd and 4th even my fiancee visa, all were granted in 2 days time. So i heard the story from people talked. However if you insist with fiancee visa, go ahead. I'm not the one who grant it though.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

This is my condition when i applied visa for the first time. I lived by my own on a rental house in a different island away from my family. I worked by myself as an english tutor then an interpreter and to support my occupation in the application, i enclosed my academic certificate that i have an english degree from a university. Therefore as i lived alone, in the family card it only contains my name without anybody else and it was accepted. And i also make my own statement about my occupation in a piece of paper and signed it on 'materai 6000'. It means if i lied, they could sue and prosecute me. It's kinda legal paper.
i also got my own bank statement as well as bank statement from sponsor. Oh and a return ticket too. There is indonesian forum about the uk, ask your girlfriend to check it as all written in indonesian.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:15 pm

srichar3 wrote:
Latilabox wrote: There is indonesian forum about the uk, ask your girlfriend to check it as all written in indonesian.
You got the web site addess?

Thanks Steve[/quote

Check your Spammy Spammer!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 pm

srichar3 wrote:
Latilabox wrote:
I doubt she'll be granted a fiancee visa if she's never been to UK before as it's considered as a settlement visa.
Do you know this for fact or is it just your opinion? I dont see any requirment to have visitied the UK previously on the UKBA website

Regards Steve
it is not a requirement to have visited the UK before for the fiance visa.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
srichar3 wrote:
Latilabox wrote:

Regards Steve
i know it's not the requirement but normally it will be more difficult.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Latilabox wrote:
Greenie wrote:
srichar3 wrote:
Latilabox wrote:

Regards Steve
i know it's not the requirement but normally it will be more difficult.
why and what evidence to do you have of this? I have never seen a fiance application refused for this reason.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 pm

we are talking in indonesia, i dont know in other countries. However its not the only one, i mean if we have have strong documentations maybe we'll be granted fiancee visa in the first place. I havent found it though, i mean most of indonesian people i read in internet (forum) normally come to the uk on visitor visa then apply for fiancee visa next time they apply it again or they got married first in indonesia then apply for spouse visa. It takes times but they were granted visa, some were rejected as well. I dont now the reason.
Maybe they have unwritten policy for us (indonesian) there.

I dont mean to mislead the information, am talking about what happen in my country only.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:48 pm

The only situation I can think where the the refusal was due to not visiting the UK previous to the application for a fiance visa is if the couple hadn't met face to face....as in an internet relationship for example.
One of the conditions of the fiance visa being granted is that there has been a meeting between the couple, which is why I suspect some couples have to apply for a visitor visa first in order to meet this condition.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Or maybe they are not ready to get married in 6 months as some of them also have met each other face to face before. Each individual cases is different to the others. However i do agree with you!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm not referring to why they chose to apply for a Visitor Visa...but to why you believe fiance visa applications are unlikely to succeed if there has been no previous visit to the UK.