ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themonsoonhunter

Hi

Post by themonsoonhunter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi,

I got few questions related to ILR.

1. If my wife is living with me for more less than 2 years, what type of visa should I apply when I go for ILR
Is she automatically eligible for ILR?
or she can be on the current visa until she becomes eligible ?
or she needs to apply dependent visa with me ?
or she needs to apply dependent visa with once I get my ILR ?

2. When I appeared in Life in UK test in which I was having Driving License as ID proof. My name contains just First name with no surname as per my passport, but my driving license is having both first name and surname. (I assume it is because both of them were needed.)
My Life in UK test contains first name and Surname as they did not agree with me to use my name as first name only.
Is that a problem ? Should I appear in test again with Passport as ID proof? Or I can explain it in the covering letter or something ?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!