ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to London for French Schengen Visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frances2

Travel to London for French Schengen Visa?

Post by frances2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am married to a none EU national. He has indefinite leave to remain. We plan a holiday to France this summer with our daughter. I have read that we could go without applying for a Schengen visa, but I don't want a whole load of argi-bargi at the airport so he'd rather apply for a visa.

We live in Manchester, there is a French consulate, but I have read on the consulate web site that applications must be made in person in LONDON!

Is this correct? What a pain!

We've previously got visas for Spain and Italy in Manchester with no problem.

Please let me know if we will have to go all the way to London in order to go to France.

Thanks

PS I'm a UK citizen

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Travel to London for French Schengen Visa?

Post by ca.funke » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi frances,
  1. You can really travel without visa. Strictly speaking no embassy should issue a visa, since you don´t need one. However, most will still give you one anyway.
  2. If you got a visa from Spain and Italy in Manchester before, why not get another one from them? You already know the procedure anyway... If they ask you about that at the border (why visa from ES but entering FR) just say your holiday-plans changed short notice. Shouldn´t be a problem.
Good luck!
Rgds, Christian

magking
Newly Registered

Post by magking » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 am

You can make a postal application if you want: http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Latest-news,17918.html

frances2

Post by frances2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi

Thank you both for your replies. This is very helpful!

Cannes here we come!

:D