ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B2 visa documents and ESTA for baby

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orotnas
Newly Registered

B2 visa documents and ESTA for baby

Post by orotnas » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi,

My wife got an Indian passport with (ILR) Indefinite leave to remain in UK. My self and our six months baby are having British passports. My wife wants to visit her brother in USA, who is on his H1B visa. So we are planning to apply for a B2 visa for my wife.

1) What are the supporting documents need to collect from her brother?
2) Do the six months baby too need to apply for ESTA?

Please advice. Thank you.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: B2 visa documents and ESTA for baby

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

orotnas wrote:1) What are the supporting documents need to collect from her brother?
None. She needs documents to prove that she will come back to the UK.
orotnas wrote:2) Do the six months baby too need to apply for ESTA?
Yes.

orotnas
Newly Registered

Post by orotnas » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks for the reply.
None. She needs documents to prove that she will come back to the UK.
Are you sure? Don't need any invitation letter from her brother?

To prove she will come back to UK, she has got bank statements with sufficient finds and pay slips, P60, Letter from the employer etc. Is there any other documents needed during the interview?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:08 am

orotnas wrote:Don't need any invitation letter from her brother?
No, in fact having a brother in the US works against her. However, she shouldn't hide the fact, and the form will ask about any of her relatives living in the US.
orotnas wrote:To prove she will come back to UK, she has got bank statements with sufficient finds and pay slips, P60, Letter from the employer etc. Is there any other documents needed during the interview?
I think pay slips, P60's, bank statements, and letter from employer (giving her full name and date of birth and stating that she is a permanent employee and expected back from vacation on date X) will be enough. If her name is on a mortgage or rental agreement, you could bring that as well. Also, if you still have it, you could bring the letter from the Home Office confirming that she has ILR (just in case they miss the stamp in her passport).

orotnas
Newly Registered

Post by orotnas » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 am

Many thanks Macro72 for your valuable advice.

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:27 pm

I am in similar situation...

Want to know what are the timelines to get an interview once my wife has applied for visa.

Do we book ticket before getting visitor visa so that we can show that as a proof or should tickets be booked after gettting visa ?

More interested in getting timelines so that i can plan accordingly.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:30 pm

You should only buy the tickets when your wife has her passport back with the visa in it. The embassy's website also advises to do so.

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:47 am

Many thanks...any idea on timelines on how long it takes from visa application to actually get a passport with visa on it (in event of successful application) ??

Just need to book time off from work and need some sort of ballpark figure

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 pm

decentguy_uk wrote:Many thanks...any idea on timelines on how long it takes from visa application to actually get a passport with visa on it (in event of successful application) ??

Just need to book time off from work and need some sort of ballpark figure
Currently it is taking approx 14 Days to get an appointment at the US embassy in London. If y. I think this must be getting to the peak summer season as i have seen it as low as 3 days. Keep checking the link to make sure it does not get longer than you are comfortable with. Also i am not sure how long in advance you can call to make a booking

Once visa is approved you normally get your passport back within 3 days (they say 5 but when i have done it i got it back in 3 days on more than one occassion)

Have a look also at http://london.usembassy.gov/nonimmigran ... rview.html for more infor