ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should i bother trying to get a job/sponsorship at all?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marky3
Newly Registered

should i bother trying to get a job/sponsorship at all?

Post by marky3 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 am

I've been told by several recruiters that if I don't already have a visa it's pretty hopeless to try to get a job/sponsorship. It's become so complicated that the chances are really slim and they just rather go for UK/EU nationals.

What do you guys think?

gussy
Newly Registered

Post by gussy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 pm

All depends on your situation, job title, salary, company's commitment to keep you etc. But yes, sponsorship has certainly been made more difficult with many recent changes making it often confusing more than anything for recruiters.

next step
Newly Registered

Post by next step » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 pm

You have to very strong as in immigrant in the UK. Its unwise to to pursue it if ur unsure because u may end up regretting it gravely. I went to the UK with high hopes, made a lot of sacrifes to adjust and make ends meet while there, and 3 yrs later, I'm here questioning if it was worth it. I had to go through a very gruelling process to get a PSW Visa - got kicked out of my job, had to higher a lawyer to defend me in court, my parents couldnt come to my graduation because I had to pay for the lawyer in lieu. I was basically treated like a criminal. After a while, i started believing that i actually did something wrong, but i know i didnt do anything wrong.

In brief, everyone is different and I know of ppl who have had good experiences, but at what cost? I would say to u, evaluate it carefully and determine what ur willing to give up in pursuit of that visa, and ask urself if its worth what ur trying to acheive. If it is, I'd say go for it. If not, then enjoy what u have....I hope that helps give u some perspective.