ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darkknight
Newly Registered

Dependants Visa process on person with ILR -10 Yrs Long resi

Post by darkknight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Friends,

My ILR is approved on 10 yr Long Residency recently

Date Applied: 10/01/2011
ILR Stamped: 03/03/2011

Now that i have got my ILR, i have a few questions about my Dependants. Appreciate your help with the below:

1. My wife is a TIER 1 - Spouse Dependant on me for the past 4 years, Can she directly apply for ILR on SET(O) or does she need extend her stay using FLR(M)?
2. My Child is born in the UK, now that i got the ILR, can i apply to register my child as British Citizen directly or should i have to apply for visa extension using FLR(M) first??

ANy help in this matter is very much appreciated and a big thank you for the help of all the participants in this forum. This forum has been the driving force for all my immigration needs.

joh118

Re: Dependants Visa process on person with ILR -10 Yrs Long

Post by joh118 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:57 pm

darkknight wrote:Hi Friends,

Now that i have got my ILR, i have a few questions about my Dependants. Appreciate your help with the below:

1. My wife is a TIER 1 - Spouse Dependant on me for the past 4 years, Can she directly apply for ILR on SET(O) or does she need extend her stay using FLR(M)?
2. My Child is born in the UK, now that i got the ILR, can i apply to register my child as British Citizen directly or should i have to apply for visa extension using FLR(M) first??

ANy help in this matter is very much appreciated and a big thank you for the help of all the participants in this forum. This forum has been the driving force for all my immigration needs.
congrats. yes your child is now British. Needs to register though.
see How do I register a child aged under 18 as a British citizen?

darkknight
Newly Registered

Post by darkknight » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 am

darkknight wrote:
Hi Friends,

congrats. yes your child is now British. Needs to register though.
see How do I register a child aged under 18 as a British citizen?

Thanks for your reply about my child, however pls also advice on the status of my Wife's visa too. thanks in advance

rogerdoger
Newly Registered

Re: SET (o) 10 year

Post by rogerdoger » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Further to my last post here are the complete stats:

Date SET (O) Application posted: 24 jan 2011
Acknowledgement Letter dated: 25 Jan 2011
No date for payment taken as payment by banker's draft
Documents received in post: 7 March 2011
ILR in the passport dated: 01 March 2011 (Liverpool)

Feb has 28 days and I posted on 24 Jan - HO took exactly 5 weeks to put the stamp on my passport - i guess its a good sign for everybody who are waiting for their documents to come back.

This forum has been invaluable - I have learned a thing or two while researching around my case. I shall visit the forum from time to time and would be glad to help anyone out .. specially if you are in similar circumstances to mine.

Good luck!

rogerdoger wrote:
rogerdoger wrote:Hey guys,

Posted my application today - 24/01/2011

The wait begins...

Hey guys just received a call from Home Office liverpool office, they wanted to confirm the address to send the documents back (as i had given a different address for correspondence) - the lady after confirming my name started the conversation by saying your application for ILR has been concluded and a it has been SUCCESSFUL you will receive your docs back in the next few days...

Mind you, my case had a slight complication please check this thread for more info

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=69968

Following all the research I drafted a letter myself, explaining to HO why the ILR should be granted .. I only posted the application just over 4 weeks ago and I got a confirmation today .. she mentioned look out for your docs they should be arriving in the next few days..

This forum helped me so much when I needed it thanks to all the members specially Vinny and Victoria they helped me find the arguments to put in the letter i drafted .. ok im out to celebrate now

Wishing good luck to all those still waiting ..

eastdown
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by eastdown » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 am

Date SET (O) Application posted: 28 Jan 2011
Acknowledgement Letter dated: 31 Jan 2011
No date for payment taken as payment by banker's draft
Documents received in post: 7 March 2011
ILR in the passport dated: 01 March 2011 (Liverpool)

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:48 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My timelines:

1. Date of posting application & method: 02 Feb 2011 by Royal Mail special delivery
2. Date application fee was debited: 03 Feb 2011, by debit card
3. Date when Acknowledgment letter with UKBA reference number received: 28th Feb (dated 03 Feb,2011)
4. Visa stamped on: 04 March
5. Date passport received: 09 March
6. comments: Straight forward application, No gaps, No solicitor used, Submitted 3 passports & LIFE IN UK PASS LETTER

----------------------------------------------------------------------

:) :) :)

kalpesh_43
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by kalpesh_43 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 pm

internev29a wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I've just noticed that you submitted 3 passports. Did ur dependents finished 10yr or they applied with SET(M). coz i have 2 dependents n havn't finsihed 10 yr.
Thnaks

My timelines:

1. Date of posting application & method: 02 Feb 2011 by Royal Mail special delivery
2. Date application fee was debited: 03 Feb 2011, by debit card
3. Date when Acknowledgment letter with UKBA reference number received: 28th Feb (dated 03 Feb,2011)
4. Visa stamped on: 04 March
5. Date passport received: 09 March
6. comments: Straight forward application, No gaps, No solicitor used, Submitted 3 passports & LIFE IN UK PASS LETTER

----------------------------------------------------------------------

:) :) :)

internev29a
Newly Registered

Post by internev29a » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:17 am

------------------
Last edited by internev29a on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applicant01
Newly Registered

ILR date granted

Post by applicant01 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Jay4you wrote:Hey everyone,

Wants to share the good news that I received my ILR yesterday. :)

My timeline:

Application posted: 5th January 2011
Akn Letter: 7th January 2011
Granted: 20 February 2011 (Liverpool)

Hi Jay, Congratulations on your ILR!!!

I was wondering, were you granted the ILR on 20 Feb? or 21 Feb? Because 20 Feb is a Sunday. Is that normal for the home office and will it be okay for you or will that raise questions later on when applying for citizenship?

kind regards

raaz4u
Newly Registered

Got my ILR Long residence after 17 days

Post by raaz4u » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Folks,

I like to share my amazing story:

(1) Application sent for ILR on : 1st of March 2011
(2) Acknowledgement received by my solicitor: couple of days (approx)
(3) Passport returned by Home Office stamped with Indefinite leave to Remain on 17th of March 2011

Got my passports back today along with other documents. My solicitor received it and called me up this morning with surprisingly pleasant news about ILR being stamped. Couldn't believe my ears at first, however after subsequent attempts by him to convince me I realized his story was true.

I have collected my passport today and from the envelope address I can confirm it was sent from HO in Liverpool. Even though I live much closer to Croydon one.

As far as my application goes it was a pretty straight forward one. No gaps
during my time in UK. I came to London on a student visa in 2001.

My case history is as below:
8 years on a student visa
2 years on PSW permit.

Documents sent with my application:
(1) All my passports (last 10 years)
(2) Life in the UK test
(3) 3 Payslips (non mandatory)
(4) 3 bank statements (non mandatory)
(5) Postal order for £900 (remember this mode of payment speed things up)

Note: Only reason I sent it through a solicitor was just another formality. Good luck to everyone waiting. One thing is for sure HO are speeding things up... :)

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

ILR granted

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am

Hi,

This website has given me lot of information during our tier 4 applications and my husband's ilr application. I want to share our story so that it can give some of you with a similar case a little hope.

My husbands case:

4 years - student visa
3 years - student dependant
2 years - igs,psw dependant
1 year+ - tier4 dependant

In 2009 when i applied for my tier4 visa, my application along with my dependants applications ( husband and child) were sent back as invalid as my childs photo was not as specified. they asked us to make a new application within 28 days. we applied again after fews days. our visa expired on 30 july 2009 and we applied on 21st aug 2009.
some of them said that there is a gap in 10 years and some said that we will be fine as they gave us 28 days time. we decided to apply for my husbands ilr. below r the details:

applied in post on jan 12th 2011

ack recieved 3 days later

few documents and letter recieved on march 12th stating that decision has been taken and will recieve documents shortly.

passport recieved 17th march with ilr granted on 10th march 2011.

time taken almost 9 weeks

We are very thanfull to this website and this topic specially.

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi guys i am over the moon now.
I got my ILR today,it took exactly 6 weeks.
My application timings are following:-

Application posted on 15/02/11 SET(0) under 10 years rule,with wife and daughter FLR(M).
Acknowledge letter received, dated 16/02/11.
Fees deducted £900 and £650 on 17/02/11.
Biometric letter recevied, dated 17/02/11 for wife and daughter FLR(M).
Wife and daughter biometric enrolled on 07/03/2011.
Passport received today with ILR issued on 23/03/2011 from Liverpool.

Thanks
IMRAN..

harold
Newly Registered

Post by harold » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:52 pm

helloimran wrote:Hi guys i am over the moon now.
I got my ILR today,it took exactly 6 weeks.
My application timings are following:-

Application posted on 15/02/11 SET(0) under 10 years rule,with wife and daughter FLR(M).
Acknowledge letter received, dated 16/02/11.
Fees deducted £900 and £650 on 17/02/11.
Biometric letter recevied, dated 17/02/11 for wife and daughter FLR(M).
Wife and daughter biometric enrolled on 07/03/2011.
Passport received today with ILR issued on 23/03/2011 from Liverpool.

Thanks
IMRAN..

Hello every one, Thank you very much for all your help much appreciated
I received my ILR the details are below.

5years student
3years work permit (tire 2)
3 years work permit incomplete so I have to change to student tier 4

I applied on 21-02-2011 (posted all the documents)
Acknowledgment dated 22-02-2011
Fees £900 paid online (online application) deducted same day (19-02-2011)
ILR stamped 29-03-2011 received today 07-04-2011

Total 27 working days (processing time only)

Documents sent
1, all my passports
2, 2 photo’s
3, Life in the UK test pass certificate
4, fees paid online with online application

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:20 am

Please restrict your queries in this topic to "ILR application (long residence) waiting times".
Post other queries, if you have any, in the relevant forum(s).

With 83 pages of content today, predominantly unrelated to stated subject of the topic, if I / someone were to search for "10 year ILR processing waiting times" (the subject of the topic) I / he would find such information only in at most 20 pages of the 83 ..... and that too, after a lot of searching.

If off-topic posts continue in this topic (e.g. - why cannot I send a PM, changes to PBS settlement routes, what should the dependants apply for and when / how, when or how to apply for naturalisation / register a child as British citizen etc.) this topic may be permanently closed.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

masti11
Newly Registered

Successful applications sent in march

Post by masti11 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi,

I have applied for ILR on 10 years category and sent my application on 7 March 2011.

I noticed some of the members have replied as successful for applications sent in march.

Anyone still waiting to hear from UKBA as myself for the applications sent in march 2011??

And also it would be very supportive if the timescales for any more successful applications sent in March 2011 are listed in this forum

kna872

Re: Successful applications sent in march

Post by kna872 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:27 pm

masti11 wrote:Hi,

I have applied for ILR on 10 years category and sent my application on 7 March 2011.

I noticed some of the members have replied as successful for applications sent in march.

Anyone still waiting to hear from UKBA as myself for the applications sent in march 2011??
I applied on around 18th of March, acknowledgement letter was set out to me in two working days and payment taken the next working day. Still waiting for any correspondence. Looking at the response time and also the introduction of 6th of April rules, I would assume UKBA would be busy. Hope it helps to know that other people are in the same boat.

Ali

younoy
Newly Registered

applications sent in march

Post by younoy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:29 pm

kna872 wrote:
masti11 wrote:Hi,

I applied on around 18th of March, acknowledgement letter was set out to me in two working days and payment taken the next working day. Still waiting for any correspondence. Looking at the response time and also the introduction of 6th of April rules, I would assume UKBA would be busy. Hope it helps to know that other people are in the same boat.

Ali
I applied in March. Acknoledgement letter dated on 10th March. I filled SET O form and made payment onlne. I have a single large gap (overstayed 58 days with compassionate reasons). Nothing from UKBA so far.

I think it is helpful for people to update their process before decisions are made, as the processing time is dynamic and ever changing. If only the successful applicants are allowed to post their processing time, it is biased.

frichie79
Newly Registered

Post by frichie79 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:39 pm

I cant believe some apps in March are being processed before me.

I applied 14 Feb, got acknowledgement 15th Feb, and to date still received nothing...

Sent to Croydon :(

Im starting a new job on 3rd may and need my new visa!

ESPES
Newly Registered

Post by ESPES » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:30 pm

hi guys, I just got my ILR yesterday. It took exactly a month. I have no gaps, no refuse record, no exceeded absence days or whatsoever. I submitted only the required documents. Best of luck to all of you!

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Got my ILR in post today - will post details a bit later, when I get home.

edit:

Date SET (O) Application form posted: 04 Mar 2011
Payment taken from bank account: 08 Mar 2011
Acknowledgement Letter dated: 07 Mar 2011
Acknowledgement Letter received: 11 Mar 2011
Documents received in post: 26 Apr 2011
ILR in the passport dated: 13 Apr 2011 (Liverpool)

It was a combination of 5 months Visitor, 8 years and 4 months Student and 1 year and 3 months Tier 2 (General) stays.

One interesting note: they ignored my Special Delivery (stamped and addressed) envelope and posted everything back by Recorded Delivery.

Good luck to all who are still waiting, especially fellow March applicants!

younoy
Newly Registered

PR obtained

Post by younoy » Thu May 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Following my previous post, I would like to share my application experience:

Filled SET(O) application form online and made my payment online in Feb 2011
SET (O) Application form posted: 09 Mar 2011 by special delivery
Acknowledgement Letter dated: 07 Mar 2011
Acknowledgement Letter received: 10 Mar 2011
Documents received in post: 04 May
ILR in the passport dated: 21 Apr 2011 (Liverpool)
Processing time: 6 weeks (from application received to PR issued)

It was 6 year students, 1 year graduate working visa, 3.5 year student (still studying)

My case is NOT straightforward. If you have no gap, you do not need to read further. I entered the country in Oct 2000. I overstayed in Oct 2001 after my 1-year student VISA expired. I was 16 at the time and was studying in a boarding school. My school took my passport to apply for VISA on my behalf, which they did not. Therefore I have a single large gap of almost 60 days. I have always applied in time for the rest of my stay. Another problem was that I spent too much time outside the UK. As a student, I had many long vacations outside the UK over the years. I did an internship in almost every summer vacation and the places have been all over the world, not just my home country.

I did not use a lawyer. In order to support my application, I sent a long list of documents, including:
1 Cover letter explaining the situation of the single gap, my contribution towards British society (donation and fundraising towards charity totaling over £10,000 over the years), financial tie (bought a house in 2008) and my outstanding research work in my field.
2 Life in the UK exam certificate
3 Letter from boarding school to confirm my attendance
4 Letter from college to confirm my first degree
5 Letter from employer to confirm my year-long work experience
6 Letter from current university to confirm my PhD study
7 Letter from supervisor to support my application, he kindly explained the signification of my discovery in the field.
8 Land registry certificate for my house
9 6 month Bank statements with over £100,000 investment in equity
10 one Payslip for every 4 month from 2007 to 2011 (My PhD is fully funded)
11 Self written detailed travel history table, where I specified the location, length and objective of every internship I undertook.
12 A long list of references for my charity work, university studies and internship supervisors.

I hope my experience can help those do not have a straightforward case. Just be honest but do not be shy to sell yourself. Good luck everyone and I would be happy to help fellow applicants in similar situations.
Last edited by younoy on Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: PR obtained

Post by jms_uk » Thu May 05, 2011 5:18 pm

younoy wrote: Processing time: 5 weeks
Congrats on your ILR, you might want to re-work this number ;)

younoy
Newly Registered

Re: PR obtained

Post by younoy » Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm

jms_uk wrote:
younoy wrote: Processing time: 5 weeks
Congrats on your ILR, you might want to re-work this number ;)
just did. sorry about that.

maria20110

ILR granted in 8 weeks

Post by maria20110 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Hello people!
I wanted to share the good news that I received my ILR (10 years) today in post and was so happy to see it finally :) I wanted to let everyone here know it as i find this a very helpful forum and it gives a fairly good idea of whats going on..

My case history:
8 years student visa
2 years PSW

My application details are as below:

Application submitted on 4th March 2011
Paid fee of 900 pounds by postal order
Acknowledgement letter received: 16th March
Date on acknowledgement letter: 7th March
Passport received in post :6th May 2011
ILR stamp date:27th April

UKBA is working fast..and i wish with all my heart that all those people who are waiting for their passports may get them asap with the visa on it :)
Goooodluck!!

irfan77
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted in 8 weeks

Post by irfan77 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:45 pm

salaamaliekum,Hello people!
I wanted to share the good news that I received my ILR (10 years) today in post and was so happy to see it finally :) I wanted to let everyone here know it as i find this a very helpful forum and it gives a fairly good idea of whats going on..

My case history
10 years student visa

My application details are as below:

Application submitted on 26th March 2011
fee taken from my account 900 pounds on 29th march

Passport received in post :6th May 2011
ILR stamp date:27th April
i havent received any acknowledgement

UKBA is working fast..and i wish with all my heart that all those people who are waiting for their passports may get them asap with the visa on it :)
Goooodluck!
Last edited by irfan77 on Sat May 07, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.