ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Belfast for Biometric

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sc9

Travel to Belfast for Biometric

Post by sc9 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi,

For Biometric enrolment I am not getting any dates before June within Scotland,Wales,England. However, I can get the Biometric date of 10th May in Belfast.

Could someone tell me if I can go to Belfast without my passport? What all documents I need to carry for my travel?

Many Thanks
Cheers!

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 pm

I have the same question as well but unable to get an answer :( :( ..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:16 pm

You do not need to carry an immigration document with you when you travel within the UK.

If, for any reason, you are asked for an immigration document / passport, show application acknowledgement letter and the letter from UKBA requesting biometric enrolment.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:24 pm

norealidpls wrote:I have the same question as well but unable to get an answer :( :( ..
Just today one of my friend got the biometric appointment date for 21st April (this Thursday) in Glasgow.

The lady over the phone also said that there are slots available on Wednesday also. I don’t know why u could not get the appointment. My friend called them just during the lunch hour today. I think u are using the online facility to book appointments. I would advise you to hone them on the 0300 123 8895 number to take the appointment.

All the best!!

zbhope
Newly Registered

Post by zbhope » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:46 pm

If you apply as Sole Applicant then you may need to try the option of Post Office Ltd. I am sure it would cost you less than the fare you pay to go to Belfast.

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks moderator for the response - I am bit relieved.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Do note:

Photo ID is / may be a requirement specific to transport operators. Different operators have different requirements ... so you must choose an appropriate means of commuting to the destination, given your circumstances.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!