ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor’s degree holders won’t get extension? !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

acc
BANNED

Bachelor’s degree holders won’t get extension? !!

Post by acc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm

I recently got Tier-1 visa and so there’s time in extension, but just to check whether I would have enough points at the time of extension, I was checking the Tier-1 points based calculator.. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and I see that it gives zero points for this qualification! If this would be the case, I wouldn’t have enough points to apply for an extension!

Can anyone please confirm regarding extension that are Bachelor’s degree holders not being able to make it?

Thanks

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:01 pm

You will get the same points that you got for your bachelors degree on your initial tier1 application

madiha
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extention (bachelor degree)

Post by madiha » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Is it sure we can get score for our bachelor degree which we showed at the initial application?
If we cannot claim bachelor degree points we are unable to make 75 score for extention.
regards

acc
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 extention (bachelor degree)

Post by acc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Folks I am afraid the standards for qualification points might have changed.. and this is what seems to be the case.. because it seems they've updated the points calculator.. the PBC is giving zero points for my four year Bachelor degree in Engineering.. check it yourself on the online calculator on the official website.

And in such case, it wouldn't matter what points we achieved for Bachelor's degree in the past.

By the way, isn't there anyone with a Bachelor's degree who is applying for an extension right now or in near future? Coz that might clear up the situation

prav1980
Newly Registered

Post by prav1980 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi aac

when was your initial TIER 1 stamped. if its based on the 2010 ruling then Bachelors degree wont get any point, but if its based on the old rule you should get 30 points

Regards
Prav

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:24 pm

prav1980 wrote:Hi aac

when was your initial TIER 1 stamped. if its based on the 2010 ruling then Bachelors degree wont get any point, but if its based on the old rule you should get 30 points

Regards
Prav
Absolutely correct.

And Guys please check and read the UKBA policy guidance before getting confused.It clearly says that you will get the same points for your qualifications which you got at your initial application approval time.

There may be a very small number of people who are currently in the UK under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and whose qualification has previously been assessed to be of a higher level than shown by the points-based calculator. These people may claim the higher points score, in line with the previous assessment, provided they are using the same qualification as used in their initial application. Appendix A paragraph 7 of the Immigration Rules, which you can find on the right of this page, gives more details.
If you are not sure what points you were previously awarded, you should contact us at: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
In these cases, we will refer to our records. We will only be able to award a higher points score in very limited circumstances that meet all of the following requirements:
you are currently in the UK under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme;
you are relying on the same qualification for which we previously awarded points in this area;
the earlier assessment of the qualification confirmed that it was equivalent to a higher level of qualification than is now shown by the points-based calculator; and
there is no evidence that you used deception to obtain the earlier decision.

17. If the applicant has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant or a Highly skilled Migrant and the qualification for which points are now claimed was, in the applicant's last successful application for leave or for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter, assessed to be of a higher level than now indicated by UK NARIC, the higher score of points will be awarded in this application too