ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in moving to UK : will this affect my extension?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mm11

Delay in moving to UK : will this affect my extension?

Post by mm11 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Its already been 3 months since I got my Tier-1 General visa, and I haven’t visited the UK yet. Actually I feel that I need to enhance my technical skill set first, which would help me in getting desired job in UK. The best place for enhancing my skill set is my home country.. so my intention is to find a relevant job in my home country to learn a particular technology and work in that employment until I am confident in that technology and then search a job in UK. This would mean that I would move to UK after a year or 1.5 years from the date I was issued the Tier-1 visa.

My question is, if I do this, then will this create a problem during applying for extension (even if I would have the required points)? In other words, is “the amount of time spent in the UKâ€

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:45 pm

If you qualify for extension as per the rules in place at the time of such application then your application will be approved - irrespective of the time spent in the UK preceding the application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:10 pm

With only 6 months of leave to remain, no employer will hire you. And for extnesion you will not be able to use uplifting factor. I doubt if you would be able to score enough points to qualify for extension.

acc
BANNED

Post by acc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks for your reply.

What if I work in India for the 2 year visa period and just before the expiry of the visa leave my India job and move to UK and apply for extension? In that case wouldn't I be able to use the India uplift ratio even though the income was earned in India and almost the whole of that 12 month claim period was also spent in India?
Celtic wrote:With only 6 months of leave to remain, no employer will hire you. And for extnesion you will not be able to use uplifting factor. I doubt if you would be able to score enough points to qualify for extension.

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Uplift ratio only aplpies to initial applications as per rules as applicants generally used overseas earnings to qualify for tier 1 general. After being granted tier 1, migrants are expected to work in UK for the duration of thier visas. So no uplifting ratios for extensions even if someone choses to work elsewhere.

puneetdwd

uplifting ratios for extensions?

Post by puneetdwd » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:58 am

Hi Friends,
Can you please explain me What is uplifting ratios for extensions?
I have similiar issue I have been issued Tier1 Visa for 3 years but due to bad market condition I was not able to move to UK for 1.5 year.

Now, I am in UK from last 1+ years and my extension is due in couple of months.... I have enough points (e.g. Earning for last 1 yr, Age etc) Will this still effect my extension?

Please advise.

Many thanks
P