ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries regarding in-person application and TIER 1 -> ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prav1980
Newly Registered

Queries regarding in-person application and TIER 1 -> ILR

Post by prav1980 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi All

I have been an frequent visitor of this forum and I find it much easier to get the info here than on UKBA wesite.. so thanks for that :)

I have 2 queries realted to ILR and in person application

1) I am up for PR in Aug 2011, but I am not sure if I need to get a TIER 1 extension before this. I came to the UK on a work permit in Aug 2006 and switched to TIER-1 in August 08. The issue I have is my Entry clearance was valid from 07/08/06, but I only entered the country on the 22nd of August 2006. My Tier 1 which was stamped on 30/08/08 is valid till 20/08/2011 which means I am 2 days short of my 5 year period. I have read that I am eligible to apply once I complete 4 years 11 months, but i have also read that you have to have visa valid for completing your 5 year stay to be eligible for PR. So I am a bit consufed.. Any help on this will be appreciated.

2) I am thinking of applying for my extension in person rather than sending by post, but the fees that I should be paying is not clear from the UKBA website. I have a TIER-1 visa at the moment, but when i made my applicaition it was under HSMP and I have an HSMP approval letter (Feb 2008). The visa on my passport however is TIER1 as I went through the transitional agreement process at the time. So the question is

- Do i pay £700 for me and £350 for each dependent ?
The UKBA website states - Applicants and their dependants can pay the following reduced fees if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application:
Ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... son/cost/#

OR do i have to pay the £1,300 + £650 under regualar TIER1 category?

Sorry for the long post... I would appreciate if you could please help me with the above queries. :)

Thanks
Prav

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 am

1. You may apply for settlement no earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of entry in the UK in a qualifying immigration category. As per information given, you may apply for settlement between 25-Jul-11 and 20-Aug-11.

2. HSMP approval letter is valid for only 6 months from the date of issue.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

prav1980
Newly Registered

Post by prav1980 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 am

Hi sushdmehta

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

On point 2, I think i got you confused with my explanation. My Tier 1 was stamped under the transitional agreement when HSMP was stopped in 2006. So I got my HSMP approval in Feb 2008 and under the transitional agreement i got it switched to TIER1 in Aug 2008.

The query was regarding the fees that I have to pay when i go for extension. The UKBA website states "if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application". Since HSMP is long gone, I am not sure if they mean a letter thats valid (which is not possible as its only valid for 6 months) OR if they are asking for an HSMP approval letter.

Thanks again and appreciate you help.

Thanks
Prav

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:40 pm

The document says you need to submit a "valid" HSMP approval letter to qualify for reduced fees. The letter is valid only for 6 months from the date of issue - therefore your HSMP letter is no longer valid, and you are not eligible for reduced payment.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

prav1980
Newly Registered

Post by prav1980 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks sushdmehta.

That clears it :)..

Thanks
prav

yakovnewman
Newly Registered

Post by yakovnewman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 am

Who can come under this category then? As hsmp was closed long ago and no one can possibly hold a valid hsmp approval letter

prav1980
Newly Registered

Post by prav1980 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:37 pm

well thats the reason why i posted the query..

Based on the answers above, I am assuming this is part of some old rule!