ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependant proof of accommodation?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Tier 4 dependant proof of accommodation?

Post by jason32 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi,

I m an MBA student and want my wife and kids to join me, they have the maintenance funds and I have sent them a letter from college with my details cas number and everything. Maintenance funds are 533x3x9 =£14391 for 3 persons.

Now I just need to know do I have to send them proof of accommodation as well? Is that necessary? If yes what info should I send?

Please help ASAP as my wife has her appointment on 21st.

Is ielts necessary for her? Her ielts is expiring on 27th of april?

Thanks,

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 pm

iELTS is not necessary for t4 dependent!

if you are an inner London student then it is 533 per month upto 9 months per dependant

if you are outer london then it is 400 per month upto 9 months per dependent

for accomodation thingy, check out tier 4 dependant policy if it is realy required

I did show em my tenancy contract with the amount of space in the accomodation.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 4 dependant proof of accommodation?

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:52 am

jason32 wrote:Hi,

I m an MBA student and want my wife and kids to join me, they have the maintenance funds and I have sent them a letter from college with my details cas number and everything. Maintenance funds are 533x3x9 =£14391 for 3 persons.

Now I just need to know do I have to send them proof of accommodation as well? Is that necessary? If yes what info should I send?

Please help ASAP as my wife has her appointment on 21st.

Is ielts necessary for her? Her ielts is expiring on 27th of april?

Thanks,
There are no requirements of IELTS and accommodation for point based dependent yet it always make sense to add-up as much things as you can.

Main Applicant:
1. Visa form
2. Covering letter of main applicant (Husband)
3. Main applicant (Husband) passport, visa copies and biometric residence permit (formerly known as an identity card for foreign nationals). All attested by United Kingdom notary public by a solicitor.
4. Main applicant (Husband) ID card copy
5. Visa letter of main applicant (Husband) College for Tier 4 dependent visa including fee payment status.
6. Main applicant (Husband) Council tax bills as a Proof of accommodation.
7. Flat Assessment certificate by local Council for over crowding & facilities
8. Main applicant (Husband) Tenancy Agreement
9. No objection letter from main applicant (Husband) landlord
10. Main applicant (Husband) bank Statements
11. Main applicant (Husband) electricity bill
12. Main applicant (Husband) Phone & broadband or pre paid telecom service bill and call history to demonstrate the prove of communication

Dependent
13. Application fees
14. Passport and its Photocopy
15. Original ID card with a photocopy
16. 2 photos (white background, 45mm high x 35mm wide)
17. Original marriage certificate along with its English translation both attested by relevant authorities.
18. TB Certificate.
19. Marriage ceremony Photographs
N/A

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 am

I m already in uk I just want to apply for my wife. I got a letter from my college saying that my name is this this and my wifes and kids names are this this and I want them to join me in uk while I m studying.

Do I need to attach my personal letter too? Something that says that I want my family to join me?

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:59 am

jason32 wrote:I m already in uk I just want to apply for my wife. I got a letter from my college saying that my name is this this and my wifes and kids names are this this and I want them to join me in uk while I m studying.

Do I need to attach my personal letter too? Something that says that I want my family to join me?
why your college has to write your wife and kids name on the letter ? Confirming your student status, course start and end date should do the purpose. your college shouldn't write your dependants name on the letter, I don't find any logic why those colleges write dependants name on letter where as they don't even know the students dependants.

No harm if you write a personal letter.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:31 am

Yeah but your college is your sponsor now so they have to know who u r getting in the country as a dependant because their sponsorship license is at stake if u don't follow the immigration rules. So the college told me that I need a letter from them before I could bring any dependant here.

I don't know if that was necessary but it does sound logical?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am

jason32 wrote:Yeah but your college is your sponsor now so they have to know who u r getting in the country as a dependant because their sponsorship license is at stake if u don't follow the immigration rules. So the college told me that I need a letter from them before I could bring any dependant here.

I don't know if that was necessary but it does sound logical?
It is no business of a tier 4 sponsor whether a student wishes to bring his or her family to the UK. They only sponsor the student and not the family. The student may well need the sponsor to provide a letter confirming he is enrolled as a student but the sponsor should not require the student to tell them if they intend to have family join them here.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am

Ok cool but can u please tell me if these 2 things are necessary?

1. Proof of accommodation
2. My letter saying I want my family to be with me explaining their passport numbers?

Please help my wife has her appointment for visa application tomorrow.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 pm

jason32 wrote:Ok cool but can u please tell me if these 2 things are necessary?

1. Proof of accommodation
2. My letter saying I want my family to be with me explaining their passport numbers?

Please help my wife has her appointment for visa application tomorrow.
1. Proof of accomodation is NOT a requirement although if you show it is better.

2. Yes a letter confirming that you want your family to join you, their names would do, mentioning passport numbers will do no harm.