ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

docs required for tier -2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

docs required for tier -2 dependent visa

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

can anyone pls tell me exactly what are the mandatory documents need to be provided for dependent visa.

at the moment i am in uk for last three years and my wife ( got married last month) needs to apply dependent visa from india..

so can anyone please list all the docs and also those which are nice to have as well..

i ve already gone through the website so dont pls put the website url.. actually while i talking to my friends they say some extra stuff everytime.. so just asking... like salary slips of last 6 months.. but it not mentioned any where in the website...as bank statement would reflect the every months salaries got creidted to my a/c

sunilgore
Newly Registered

Post by sunilgore » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:15 pm

I recently filed dependent visa for my wife...
I provided below documents :

Your 12 months bank statement with 3 months balance maintainance
your 12 salary slip
Marriage certificate
dependent 's Degree certificate
Accomodation details such as rent agreement
Letter from ur employer
letter from Sponsor(from you)

arihan

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:14 pm

I think u submitted bit more what mandatory.

12 months salary slip and 12 months bank statement . I think it's not mentioned .

Even 6 months salary slips and six months
Bank statement wld be ok . Of course fund (800+533)
Should be maintained for last three months .

By the way
Letter from sponsor (from you ) what does that mean ?

sunilgore
Newly Registered

Post by sunilgore » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:44 pm

There is no particular format for this letter.
Letter from Sponsor requesting British High commission for granting visa to visitors.

https://cid-fac4456920c7c9a4.office.liv ... r%20UK.doc

mt_dilber

Re: docs required for tier -2 dependent visa

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:43 pm

List of documents with Tier 2 dependent application

your wife's documents:

1. Compete , signed Tier 2 dependent application form.

2. valid passport and TB test report.

3. Proof of maintenance: Husband's or her own ,ORIGINAL bank statements of recent 3 months (latest statement must not be older than 30 days at the time of application)

4. Proof of Marriage : Original Marriage certificate with english translate if not in english. Marriage pictures.

6.Proof of accommodation in UK: Tenancy agreement (husband should provide)

7. An affidavit from husband that he will be responsible for your living and accommodation. Full contact details must be provided on this affidavit.

Your Documents for ur wife's application:

1. Attested copy of the first page of ur passport.

2. Attested copy of ur visa

3.Attested copies of ur last 6 months payslips (original can also be used)

4. A letter from ur employer that u r working with them, with full contact details of the employer.

Final and most important document is;

GOOD LUCK

arihan

Post by arihan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:00 pm

can any one please highlight these two things w.r.t previous thread

TB test report :- is this tuberculosis test report which my wife needs to do this?

7. An affidavit from husband that he will be responsible for your living and accommodation. Full contact details must be provided on this affidavit.

:- is there any format for this? i cant see anywhere its written as mandatory in the visa website .. but if its nice to produce can anyone plese put the content of this letter. secondly i am in uk.. so how this can be done..?/?

cheers
Arihan

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:20 am

1. If ur wife is going to stay in UK for more than 6 months, she must have TB test done.

2. Go ans see a solicitor,they have templates available for affidavit. They will charge u £10 - £15 for that.

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Guys you are failing to point out that this all depends on the country where you are applying from.
I know os a recent successful application of which the depended only provided the following docs with the application:

Sponsor's invitation letter
Sponsor's visa (residence permit) page and face page (within the passport)
Sponsor's employment letter
Sponsor's 3 months payslips
Sponsor's 3 months bank statements
Sponsor's council tax bill
Their marriage certificate

The TB requirement does not apply to all countries.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 pm

mt_dilber wrote:
rbk1597 wrote:Guys you are failing to point out that this all depends on the country where you are applying from.The TB requirement does not apply to all countries.

:arrow:

arihan wrote:my wife ( got married last month) needs to apply dependent visa from india..

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:25 am

Tier 2 Dependants

UKBA states this on their website

What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?

As a guide your dependants should include:

evidence of their relationship to you;
evidence that you can support them and live without needing any help from public funds, and
a copy of the pages from your passport showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.

So this would include
1. Marriage Certificate (Translated into English if it isnt already)
2. Your Bank Statements
3. Your Passport Copy plus Residence Permit copy along with the following

Include a letter from your employer, your payslips, a letter from yourself inviting your wife to join you and you will bear all the expeses

TB Screening is not required for Indian Nationals

arjit
Newly Registered

Post by arjit » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:47 am

[quote="mt_dilber"]List of documents with Tier 2 dependent application

your wife's documents:

3. Proof of maintenance: Husband's or her own ,ORIGINAL bank statements of recent 3 months (latest statement must not be older than 30 days at the time of application)

Hi i am currently in uk my wife is applying for tier 2 dependent visa, is it ok if i have maintained my maintenance fund minimum balance (1500 pounds)in my indian bank account, also my wife has also maintained the minimum balance (1500 pounds) required separately in her personal account is it ok to maintain the money in either of our bank accounts (In india in INR)

arunfruity

Post by arunfruity » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi Guys nice to read the post very informative.

Is the UK house contract document very important ? I dont have one coz I stay with a family here in UK where they have no contract document. What Should I do can someone of you help me on this matter ?

Thanks
Arun

satya123
Newly Registered

need help urgent

Post by satya123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I have filled in the form vaf-10 for my wife and my son which is provided in http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/. I have selected Tier 2 general Partner and Child. I see that form available doe not ask for main applicants COS and does not ask who will provide maintenance. It ask for the following information related to maintenance

Section 6 - Employment and Finances
91 Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed? Unemployed
92 Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family? No
93 Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares? No
94 How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members? .
95 How much do you spend each month on living costs?
99 Are there sufficient funds to support you and any other dependents? Yes
100 Please state the amount of money available and total number of dependents .

But my company will take care of the maintenance. so my question is to which form should be used online or the paper form. In the paper form part 5 and part 7 are there which ask for maintenance information.

If somebody have applied for Tier 2 dependent visa from India please advice.

reflection

Post by reflection » Fri May 30, 2014 5:26 pm

HI Everyone,

thanks a lot for your helpful information. but in one requirement i am failed to show. cause i have received tier 2 visa in august 2013 and my join date was on September 2013. but due to project delay of the company i couldnt join in September. on 16th May i have received a letter from company to start work from 2nd of June. which obviously a good news for me. in February been to back home and get married. now i intend to bring my wife in UK. except Pay slip i got every supportive documents.

but after reading all of your suggestion, now i am totally confused. what i should do. and also in UKBA Dependent Visa Guidence doesnt saying anything about Pay slip. still i am looking forward from you.

Thanks

amy2387
Newly Registered

Post by amy2387 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:29 am

Hi...
My husband is applyin for tier 2 dependent visa from USA. Are the following docs sufficient?
From me (in the UK for over a year)
1. Passport n visa copies
2. Employment verification letter (I do not wish to provide my pay slips)
From my husband(dependent)
1. Application
2. 3 months statement showing £650
3. Passport
4. Marriage certificate
5. Photographs
Looking forward for the reply ASAP...
Thanks

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:55 am

Hi

you might have to submit the payslips as employment verification letter is not a replacement for payslips.
recently my husband applied for visa from india as a tier 2 dependent and got it in 6 working days. We might have given the extreme information but after following the forum and hearing suggestions from friends who have gone through the same situation - we submitted the below docs. You can see the docs as optional which its upto you to decide if you want to submit .
Applicant form and Documents:( These are the documents from my husband)
1) Duly completed Visa Application form.(Mandatory)
2) NHS Surcharges Paid receipt (Mandatory)
3) Two Recent passport – sized photographs with names written on the back of the Photographs.(Mandatory)
4) My Original Passport(Mandatory)
6) Tuberculosis Test Report.(Mandatory - bcos he applied from india not sure from US)
7) Photocopies of my Educational Certificates.(Mandatory)
Wife (Main Applicant) Supporting Documents:
8) Sponsor Letter from Wife(Mandatory).
9) Attested photocopies of Passport and BRP card(Mandatory).
10) Certificate of Sponsorship Details issued in 2015 (Optional)
11) Original Employment Verification Letter.(Mandatory)
12) Original P60 Form(Optional).
13) Most recent Original Pay slips (April 2015 – Oct 2014, 6 months).
14) Funds maintenance and Accommodation: Bank statements of main applicant(Mandatory), Tenancy agreement and No Objection Letter from Main applicant Landlord(Optional).
Wedding Related Documents:
15) Marriage Certificate(Mandatory).
16) Marriage Invitation Card with Attested Translation in English(Optional).
17) Marriage Photos(Mandatory).
18) Main applicant’s flight tickets to India for wedding(Optional).
Relationship Evident Documents: ( you might have to provide if the case worker is not satisfied with the evidence provided as a proof of your marraige just to show the subsistency in relation ship.)
19) Proof of individuals telephone numbers and History of call log , main applicant Call log history from one of the source : Telecoms ( Tesco Calling Card App)
20) Exchanged Email Logs copy.
21) Random Skype screen shots copy.
22) Other photos.

tjilani
Newly Registered

Post by tjilani » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Hello

I am working on PBS Tier-2 Visa in UK for one month in the University of Nottingham.

1. Now for visa application of my dependents (wife and 2 little kids), do I need to show 3 months salary slips and the UK bank statement of my salary?

2. Is the bank statement of My home country account not sufficient to show Maintenance of dependents?

3. Is tenancy agreement a MUST for dependents visa application?

Please guide
thanks

SG123
Newly Registered

Post by SG123 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone..
I find this thread very helpful for all those who are applying for dependent visa.. Guys I am in a similar situation here.. Please help me out in the below situation.

My Situation:
My husband is on work assignment in UK , he is on Tier 2 ICT visa but basically he is on Pay scale of INDIA only and he is just getting Per Diem amount in GBP on per day basis. Hence We don't have any Bank account in UK . Also , He is living in Company Provided apartment , So His company takes care of his accommodation and everything. Hence we do not pay any council tax or bills and no rental agreement, since his Company is providing him the accommodation.

My Query :-

In the above scenario , Am I able to apply for dependent Visa and If yes then What all docs Do we both need to Provide.I am planning to apply from INDIA.

Guys I really need your help. Your Help will be greatly appreciated.!! I have read so many forums but couldn't come across any such situation .. Can anyone please throw some light on it. PLease......

Thanks,
Sapna

shalinipatil1980
Newly Registered

Post by shalinipatil1980 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi Sapna,

I am in the same situation now. Please can you let me know if you got any answer for your questions? Did you manage to get the dependent visa?

Regards
Shalini

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 pm

shalinipatil1980 wrote:Hi Sapna,

I am in the same situation now. Please can you let me know if you got any answer for your questions? Did you manage to get the dependent visa?

Regards
Shalini
This original post is from 2011. Please refrain from digging up older topics. Suggest start your own with your own circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.