ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question about forms and spouse & child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Quick question about forms and spouse & child

Post by ZD » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Hi all, My wife will be applying for a spouse visa soon however in 2 months she will be giving birth too. Would I Need to submit two forms [one for my wife and child?] or just one form would cover both? I would appreciate if someone could provide form numbers.

Thank you.

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:36 pm

You would need your form B from Pakistan for your child.

ZD

Post by ZD » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:32 pm

Thanks Mars007, so do I attach the B-from with the spouse application?

JAJ
Australia

Re: Quick question about forms and spouse & child

Post by JAJ » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:49 pm

ZD wrote:Hi all, My wife will be applying for a spouse visa soon however in 2 months she will be giving birth too. Would I Need to submit two forms [one for my wife and child?] or just one form would cover both? I would appreciate if someone could provide form numbers.

Are you a British citizen? If so, how did you get your British citizenship?
And if not, what's your UK immigration status?

ZD

Post by ZD » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:59 pm

Hi Jaj, I was born in the UK .

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:35 am

ZD wrote:
\

Then your child should be a British citizen (by descent) automatically, assuming you are a British citizen yourself. Apply for the child to get a British-style birth certificate from the British High Commission in Islamabad, plus a British passport. It won't need a visa.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk is the place to start regarding a spouse visa for your wife.

ZD

Post by ZD » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:40 am

JAJ wrote:
ZD wrote:
\

Then your child should be a British citizen (by descent) automatically, assuming you are a British citizen yourself. Apply for the child to get a British-style birth certificate from the British High Commission in Islamabad, plus a British passport. It won't need a visa.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk is the place to start regarding a spouse visa for your wife.
Thanks for the info, but should I apply for child’s passport prior to my wife applying for her spouse visa? The reason I ask is that I am currently waiting for my decree absolute and the high commission will request a marriage certificate, no? I can only reregister my marriage to my wife in Pakistan once I get the decree absolute in the UK and consequently apply for the spouse visa as my reregistered marriage certificate is considered legal [after I receive my decree absolute]