ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AIRPORT ENTRY with ILR

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulip4500

AIRPORT ENTRY with ILR

Post by tulip4500 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:37 am

Hi

I am newly got ILR. now I am worried about what questions are asked in Airport when returning after a holiday. I know on students are asked many questions about the school and course and verify details and sometimes refused and banned entry. now I like to know what happens to those who come back to UK with ILR? what are the risks?

please advise

thanks.

Markie

Re: AIRPORT ENTRY with ILR

Post by Markie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 am

normally they ask how did you get your ILR - through T1 WP or whatever...then asks you further on what did do outside the country...basic stuff. don;t be too worried!
tulip4500 wrote:Hi

I am newly got ILR. now I am worried about what questions are asked in Airport when returning after a holiday. I know on students are asked many questions about the school and course and verify details and sometimes refused and banned entry. now I like to know what happens to those who come back to UK with ILR? what are the risks?

please advise

thanks.

tulip4500

ilr

Post by tulip4500 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:09 am

is it ok to go on holiday for a month just immidiately after getting ILR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 am

Of course, it's okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tulip4500

ilr

Post by tulip4500 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm

do i need to carry any documents? i.e. Bank statement? or anything?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Re: ilr

Post by krazydude » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:31 pm

tulip4500 wrote:do i need to carry any documents? i.e. Bank statement? or anything?
No you do not need to do that. When you get back to UK, you might get asked questions such as -

a) Where do you live ? Rented or Owned?
b) Do you work ? If so, where as what ? What does that involve?
c) How did you get your ILR ? - WP, Spouse or other.
d) What was the reason for your trip overseas ?

Since you now have an ILR, pay attention to the Residential requirements rule so that you do not miss that when you apply for your ciitzenship.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am

hi

is there any risk on travelling for holiday for short period with ILR?
i heard that IO in airport can cancel the ILR and land as Visitor Visa for 180 days? is it possible? and why they do this? and how often this happens?

if this happens what are the possibilities to get back ILR? or Citizenship?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tulip4500

AIRPORT ENTRY with ILR

Post by tulip4500 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... residents/

it says

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may return to the UK as a resident if:

you were settled in the UK when you last left; and
you have been away for two years or less; and
you are returning to live here permanently; and
you were not given public funds to pay the costs of leaving the UK.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1: what does the 4th statement refer to?
"you were not given public funds to pay the costs of leaving the UK."
someone with ILR would never be deported unless for any serious crime or any other reasons when ILR is cancelled.

Question 2: so in normal situation why would public fund be given to pay the cost of leaving the UK?

and

suppose someone is on Job Seekers Allowance Which is Public Fund. if someone save up the money from his own Job seekers allwance and buy the ticket with that money to go to Holiday for a Week in maybe France. then when coming back will he be allowed to return?

isnt it technically he used public fund for paying the ticket for his own holiday? but it is not directly related though.

so can you please explain what is the 4th statement refer to?

Thanks.