ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Country Successful HSMP Applicants and the Passport Stamp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EdgeHillMole

In-Country Successful HSMP Applicants and the Passport Stamp

Post by EdgeHillMole » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:50 am

Good morning,

My employer is interested in the HSMP programme. As a successful out-of-country applicant, I have been able to provide them with information on what the HSMP letter looks like, as well as what the out-of-country Entry Clearance (EC) stamp in the passport looks like.

However, my employer is also interested in in-country applications. When someone already living in the UK makes an HSMP application, gets the approval letter, and sends their passport off to the UK Government for stamping, what does the stamp look like?

Does the stamp specify it is for the 'Highly Skilled Migrant Programme'?
Or does it only say 'Residence Permit' and Type of Permit 'Limited Leave to Remain'?

The question the employer is asking: Is there any way, short of having the HSMP approval letter, that the employer can tell who is HSMP by looking at the passport stamp?

In my case they can, as the stamp clearly states 'Highly Skilled Migrant Programme'. But I am an out-of-country, and we aren't too sure about in-country stamps.

Thanks
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:15 am

In-country visas look identical to dependant visas.

It will say 'Residence Permit' at the top.

The 'Limited Leave to Remain'.

Then under 'remarks' it will say 'Limited leave to remain in the UK. No recourse to public funds'.

It makes no mention of HSMP.
________
CALIFORNIA MDECIAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES