ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Well update INIS as you just told us. and send them a proof of address (EBS).

If you do not, you still have the same issue with your CoN.

Congratz and enjoy the summer...traveling...:)-

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

tarakino wrote:Just got approval letter this morning...Can't believe it's finally here...INIS have messed it up, they put my address but without the house number...Thanks God there was another letter from my Bank so the postman used the same address

Thanks Everyone here for the useful tips and good luck for all the other people waiting

:D :D :D :D :D

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Thank you for the good tips Nanette

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 pm

tarakino wrote:Just got approval letter this morning...Can't believe it's finally here...INIS have messed it up, they put my address but without the house number...Thanks God there was another letter from my Bank so the postman used the same address

Thanks Everyone here for the useful tips and good luck for all the other people waiting

:D :D :D :D :D
Congrats mate!

Could anybody advise on how long does those Garda checks take to complete? Say they requested them earlier in January; how long (on average) does it take for them to be finalised? Any criteria that controls the duration of this process?
Appreciate all of your help.

Thanks!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Charles Flanagan (Laois-Offaly, Fine Gael)

Question 131: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the steps being taken to address the delays in providing Garda clearance certificates to those participating in FÃ
peace on you

crown

Post by crown » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:18 am

Hi guys
It was my turn today The letter landed. It has been a great day. I had waited 4 years for this I applied with my wife 2007 July For whatever reasons INIS gave my wife 14 months ago and refused to give me till this morning Though I am happy it is all over but I am appalled at the system. I think I was the worst treated by INIS
I want to thank all the guys giving info on this site You guys have been great - 9jeirean, nanette, scrudu, hotspurs, aceform, Irish tom etc I throw handshakes to you all :D :D :D
I plan to still hang around
Crown

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:30 am

crown wrote:Hi guys
It was my turn today The letter landed. It has been a great day. I had waited 4 years for this I applied with my wife 2007 July For whatever reasons INIS gave my wife 14 months ago and refused to give me till this morning Though I am happy it is all over but I am appalled at the system. I think I was the worst treated by INIS
I want to thank all the guys giving info on this site You guys have been great - 9jeirean, nanette, scrudu, hotspurs, aceform, Irish tom etc I throw handshakes to you all :D :D :D
Crown
4 years!!!!! Congratulations, I bet you thought this day would never come after that long a wait.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 am

Crown
Congrats mate. I'm glad it's all over for you.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 am

Crown
Wow! Congratulations Crown! You've broken all the records. I am happy for you. The wait for you is finally over. Congratulations mate.

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:57 am

Congrats crown and abdul-wa. Four years wait is the new record for INIS incompetence.

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:15 am

Congrats Crown...Nightmare is over

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Crown
No way!!!!!!! That absolutly brilliant. Congrats Crown I am really pleased for you. It has been a long time coming.

Regards
Michael

mikado
Newly Registered

Post by mikado » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:42 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by mikado on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:54 pm

mikado wrote:Hi- i just got my letter of approval from the postman !! I'm VERY happy now !!

My time-line is as follows-:

1.) Applied mid-March 2009 after completing 5 years on work-permit

2.)Confirmation and reference nr. given in late-April 2009

3.)No additional documents requested at all
4.)Letter of approval received today- 22/04.2011

Total waiting-time= 24 months (2 years)
Now for the final steps.

Best of luck to to all other applicants-in-waiting

MIKADO.
Lovely...Congrats man
Its never too late

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Wow! Congratulations Crown! You've broken all the records. I am happy for you. The wait for you is finally over. Congratulations mate.

9j[/quote]

Waiting since january 2007. DO you not think this is a record.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:58 pm

mikado wrote:Hi- i just got my letter of approval from the postman !! I'm VERY happy now !!

TOTAL WAITING-TIME= 24 MONTHS (2 YEARS)
Now for the final steps.

MIKADO.
Congratulations MIKADO,
thats amazing INIS did a great job for you, would u mind to tell us ur nationality pls i guess u r the first person of 2009 whose application is approved so quickly and on other hand u r not spouse of irish citizen or some like that well have a great time
cheers

Congratulations to Crown

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:44 pm

congratulations crown the worest is over fair play.
also
congratulations Mikado,
you wake up all the hopes and give me a reason to cheer up.
you are the first of 2009 and also they did not ask you for further documents, amazing.
do you mind if I ask you about your nationality?
congratulations again, it seems these are the happy days for the forum.
hoping my dreat to come true.
peace on you

Latan

Post by Latan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Sounds t o good to be true...?? Mikado- i'm mid- 2009 applicant, but nothing as yet.

"Class of 2009."

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:37 pm

[quote="IRISH PHAROE"]Charles Flanagan (Laois-Offaly, Fine Gael)

Question 131: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the steps being taken to address the delays in providing Garda clearance certificates to those participating in FÃ

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Latan wrote:Sounds t o good to be true...?? Mikado- i'm mid- 2009 applicant, but nothing as yet.

"Class of 2009."
still more time Latan, I'm same as you
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

TOTAL WAITING-TIME= 24 MONTHS (2 YEARS)
Now for the final steps.

MIKADO.
Wow, that's truly amazing. Congrats Mikado.

Some people are born lucky :-)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:00 pm

[quote="Sinolate"][quote="IRISH PHAROE"]Charles Flanagan (Laois-Offaly, Fine Gael)

peace on you

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Conguratulations MIKADO and Crown

I am new to this Forum but have been reading your Comments and informative material time to time

I just want to let you know that my husband applied Irish Citizenship in Nov 2006 and since Aug 2009 there is no response from them. Before that they asked for Birth and Marriage Certificates. Now in March 2011 they asked for Bank Statements, Payslips and other financial Documents when I called them on Phone. I applied my Citizenship in Aug 2008 and they never asked any document from me.

Now i want to know is there anybody else waiting longer than us? :roll:
PIKKA

dgnhly

TEST

Post by dgnhly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:22 pm

TEST

dgnhly

Just to update the forum

Post by dgnhly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Guys,

I applied Sep-08 (5 years residence and wife of naturilised Irish),

Info requested Jun-10 (3 month payslip, 3 month bank statment),

Info requested late Jan-11 (birth certificate again ),

Still waiting and no news to date. What is going on? How long does it take after they request the birth cert? Any idea guys? :?

monte

Post by monte » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi tout le monde,

It's very obvious to me that the applicant's nationality is the most important factor in the processing time, i can't see anything else that can result in this huge variation in the processing time. some applicants get approval before the files of other applicants who applied before them is even opened.
it is very disappointing as at the end they will all be Irish citizens but i guess before that happens INIS maybe wants to say to some people that they are not worth the citizenship as others.