ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suppose a refusal for ILR comes ON THE DAY my current leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GSOtodd

Suppose a refusal for ILR comes ON THE DAY my current leave

Post by GSOtodd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm

runs out? What do I do. WOuld I be able to appeal because I won't have time to get the paperwork into the HO for Tier 2 extension in just one day. Will the 28 days apply? What would I do?
Andy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 pm

You may appeal only if given the right to. Your refusal letter will tell you if you have been granted that right or not. If given the right to appeal, then you must do so within the stipulated time (10 days, the letter will tell you that too). For those 10 days, your stay in the UK will be legal.

If you submit the appeal within the stipulated time your leave will continue under section 3C until all appeal options are exhausted. If you don't, then you will become an overstayer at end of the time period given.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:31 pm

what would prevent me from having the right do appeal?
Andy

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm

If you have leave left after a refusal (applied too soon) or if you had applied after your leave had expired (applied too late).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm

yeah but what if the refusal comes the DAY my leave ends? What do I do?
Andy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 pm

If your refusal is received the day your leave expires ... and you have no right to appeal, then make plans to leave the country (within 28 days, ideally).

If your refusal is received the day your leave expires ... and you have been given the right to appeal, then appeal within the stipulated time.

Next probable question: Will I be given the right of appeal if the decision to refuse is taken on such a date that it can be expected that the letter will reach very near to / on / after the date of expiry of current leave?
Answer: Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ash786
BANNED

Re: Suppose a refusal for ILR comes ON THE DAY my current le

Post by ash786 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:07 pm

GSOtodd wrote:runs out? What do I do. WOuld I be able to appeal because I won't have time to get the paperwork into the HO for Tier 2 extension in just one day. Will the 28 days apply? What would I do?
1. Do not think or spend too much time thinking about probabilities like these.