ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! only approval letter, no biometric

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Urgent! only approval letter, no biometric

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Dear all,
i have received the approval letter for tier 1 General on 1st of April alongside with my passport and all supporting documents but have not received BRP yet( today 21st of april). i have contacted the BRP office and they said that they do not have my BRP record. could you plz guide on this as i am very worried.
also in the approval letter it is clearly stated that your application has been approved however in the points breakdown I have only given 30 points instead of 35( i have the uk-based Master degree). do i need to worry? what should do now. plz anyone advice me particularly anyone came across with same situation.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Urgent! only approval letter, no biometric

Post by terriblescream » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:52 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Dear all,
i have received the approval letter for tier 1 General on 1st of April alongside with my passport and all supporting documents but have not received BRP yet( today 21st of april). i have contacted the BRP office and they said that they do not have my BRP record. could you plz guide on this as i am very worried.
also in the approval letter it is clearly stated that your application has been approved however in the points breakdown I have only given 30 points instead of 35( i have the uk-based Master degree). do i need to worry? what should do now. plz anyone advice me particularly anyone came across with same situation.
If your application is approved dont worry about the points.

THE BRP will arrive in separate post it will be signed.! Wait for it after the approval date listed on the letter it usually takes between 7 working days to 10 working days, if it hasnt after 10 working days call the UKBA and notthe BRP section

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks mate! But I have contacted the ukba and all they have given me the BRP refrence number to contact BRP office which I did but according to them they don't have my record with them. I am totally lost, really don't no where to go.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:21 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Thanks mate! But I have contacted the ukba and all they have given me the BRP refrence number to contact BRP office which I did but according to them they don't have my record with them. I am totally lost, really don't no where to go.
Contact your Local MP and tell him the situation that UKBA is doing this to you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Thanks mate! But I have contacted the ukba and all they have given me the BRP refrence number to contact BRP office which I did but according to them they don't have my record with them. I am totally lost, really don't no where to go.
call ukba again and tell them what the brp people said.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks very much to guys for the advice. I will contact the last time next week when office open then may be alternatively contact my local MP to get further assistance. I will update my situation with yours well. Thanks again.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:38 pm

are u sure u didnt make any mistake in writing the reference number??? contact UKBA again to verify it.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:57 pm

I actually matches the reference number got it from UKBA with the appointment letter of BRP done at post office with receipt. I had given the BRP at post office and where staff told me that they will be sending my BRP to UKBA. Have you done in the say way ?

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 am

At last I got my biometric today. I would like to thank everybody for helping me out. What a brilliant forum.