ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa preparations, advice needed.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonathan1989
Newly Registered

Spouse visa preparations, advice needed.

Post by jonathan1989 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 am

Hello there.
I first met my wife last year during a 2 week visit to Pakistan, this year I have creturned to Pakistan for 4 months and married her during my stay here.
I have no job currently so I plan to return to England and secure a job for 6 months then start applying for my wife's visa. I'm an English citizen of English descent, my wife is Pakistani. Is there anything I need to do before I return to England and start looking for a job? Do I need to take all the supporting papers, photos, etc. to England with me or will my wife need them in Pakistan?
Any help greatly appreciated
Yours, Jonathan

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Here is an article that I wrote last year. It is self explanatory. It is slightly out of date because of the English test they have introduced. I am going to update it soon ( when I can find some time) to include this in it. However the rest is ok.

Read it and if you are still not sure about anything, then come back and advice. I also suggest if you post in the place,( Spouse visa from Pakistan) you will get more response

Good luck

[quote]Having read a large number of posts from Pakistani applicants,it appears that most people are asking the same questions over and over again, or seem to be making the same mistakes and getting refused,

I have decided to write this document which may help to resolve /answer some of the queries/rejections.

Please note these are just my own personal opinions and suggestions and do not constitute any advice. If you want proffesional advice, please seek it from an OISC registered advisor.

In time some of the procedures may change, so please checkthe UKBA website for latest information.

Whilst this is article is primarily aimed at Pakistanis applicants, the requirements are more a less same for other spouse settlements from certain other countries

Quote:
Spouse Visa for Pakistani Applicants.

Introduction.

Hello and welcome folks. I have prepared this document to help and guide those of you who have got married to someone who is present and settled in the United Kingdom. In order to join your spouse in the UK, you have to first of all obtain the necessary visa to join your spouse. You and your sponsor (spouse) should read this document and ensure each of you provide the correct documents

A spouse visa is issued to applicants who have married a British citizen (or the person is a permanent resident of the UK)

It is issued by the British High Commission/Embassy where the applicant has a claim to normal residence or citizenship.

The visa itself runs for 27 months and is probationary.
During the probationary period, the applicant cannot seek access to public funds (See list below of what are termed as “public fundsâ€