ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Analyst role - shift from nhs to private sector

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Analyst role - shift from nhs to private sector

Post by Tweedum » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi there,

I am looking for an MI analyst/business analyst/Project Manager role and finding it rather difficult to secure an interview with the private sector. I have been looking since January 2011. I have experience on SQL Server 2005,2008 and R2 and Business Intelligence tools. I have held head of department role in the NHS. I am Prince 2 and MSP Practitioner qualified as well.

I have been living in the UK since 2003 and most of my experience is with NHS.

Please advise on how I could move sector.

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 am

Just register your CV with as many agencies as you possibly can. There are definitely many analyst jobs out there to be had as I still get several calls a day from agents trying to get me to interviews.

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Post by Tweedum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks for your input.

I am hoping to penetrate into the private sector mainly banking and finance. I have SAS and SAP skills as well but am finding it rather difficult to even secure an interview.

Would you mind sharing your experience? I am happy to volunteer if it will get me somewhere.

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:58 am

Firstly, make sure that your CV shines - I think that's very important to have a neat CV, but also make sure that any keyword a recruitment agent could possibly look for, is included in your CV. It sometimes also help, if there's a technology out there that you have little or no experience in, to declare it as it will help with the keyword search.

Then, you have to make your CV searchable on the major job sites. 90% of my interviews were from agents finding my CV on there. Keep updating your CV as you speak to the agents to ensure that you include anything they might possibly be looking for.

Once you have a good CV up, whenever applying for any jobs, go and look at the advertising agency's website too and register your CV there too (even apply for a few jobs on there if they have any). Often the agencies websites get much better responses than the job sites. Also phone them if there's a telephone number there - even after first contact with an agency who said they would forward my CV to a company, I only got an interview after following up with the agency a few times (it forces the employer to look at your CV and make a decision on the spot).

And then lastly, once the interviews are rolling in, be sure to downplay any progress you have made as I lost three potential jobs, because I thought it would be better to be honest and tell them how the other jobs are progressing.

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Post by Tweedum » Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Thank you for your advise.

I appreciate it