ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to ? ILR for Dependant of 10 yrs Long Res. Applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dino99

How to ? ILR for Dependant of 10 yrs Long Res. Applicant

Post by Dino99 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your view and reply for the followings :-

Me: 10 years will be on Feb 12 (Combination of Student, PSW & Tier 2 General) T-2 first 3 years will expire on mid 2013

Wife: On Feb 12 will be 1 yr as Tier 2 Dependant ( Also on Feb 12 it will be 9 yrs of her cont stay Combination of Student, PSW & Tier 2 Dependant ). T-2 Dependant visa will be expire on Mid 2013.

As per my understanding :-

I will do my ILR on SET(0) on Feb 12
Then Apply for my wife on FLR(M)

Here I am confused; in that time my wife's visa (T-2 Dependant) still on, so should we apply for her FLR(M) or just wait 1 more year then Apply on SET(M).

If yes I assume It will be ok to hold the T-2 Dependant Visa though I will not be in T-2.

And by the time she waits for one more year she will be eligible for 10 yrs long residence. ( Though she needed to go back home to get Tier 2 Dependant Visa while holding PSW, Hope thats not breaking her 10 yrs long residency status)

So, will it be wiser to get her SET(0) rather than SET(M) from the point of view of future Traveling, Working Abroad and so on .

Thank you again for your comments.