ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muj1

Post by muj1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Been reading this forum a bit recently, my wife has recently submitted her application with myself as her sponsor. Good luck to all those waiting and congratulations to thos who have had their visa's granted.

Submitted 14/4/11 @ ISL if this could be added to the spreadsheet for April I will update as it changes.

Thanks,

Muj

Submit21
Newly Registered

Post by Submit21 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Salaam,

I have a query regarding accomodation. I rent privately and the Landord has provided me with a letter confirming that he accepts for my spouse to come and live with me. Do I still need a property inspection report from my Local Council?

Thanks.

zaf

Post by zaf » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:06 pm

[quote="Sammad"]got some good news eco has withdrawn!!! now waiting for call letter to submit passport for visa to be issued! just got the letter from the soclitros!

I am so happy finally! a whole load of weight has been lifted off me!!!

I will come back later and fully update everyone, and thank those who helped me.[/quote
Congratulations sammad i am pleased for you .can you tell us where you submitted appeal papers. thanks zaf

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Submit21 wrote:Salaam,

I have a query regarding accomodation. I rent privately and the Landord has provided me with a letter confirming that he accepts for my spouse to come and live with me. Do I still need a property inspection report from my Local Council?

Thanks.
Yes you have to prove that the house/room etc is big enough and habitable in accordance with housing legislations.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Sammad wrote:got some good news eco has withdrawn!!! now waiting for call letter to submit passport for visa to be issued! just got the letter from the soclitros!

I am so happy finally! a whole load of weight has been lifted off me!!!

I will come back later and fully update everyone, and thank those who helped me.
Congratulations this is a wonderful news! Ur wife must be very happy to know this! Good luck for submission ahead

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Sammad wrote:So, some of the sweets have been handed out, of course now I just have to wait for call letter, wife's going tomorrow to have her tb scan done.

My lawyer said the eco has withdrawn the appeal. And he said now there is a small issue of fees on which we agreed, and he said congratulations, and told me if I do not hear anything in 4 weeks, he will contact them he also told me he has sent them and email asking them to send the call letter to him via email, and he will forward that to me, and I can fax it to my wife, and hopefully have everything sorted out withing about 2.5 months. I've got all the documents back and supporting evidence which was submitted.
Hi I was wondering that how does your solicitor know that appeal has been withdrawn if he has not received the call letter through an email?

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Sammad wrote:
Manno1 wrote:
Sammad wrote:So, some of the sweets have been handed out, of course now I just have to wait for call letter, wife's going tomorrow to have her tb scan done.

My lawyer said the eco has withdrawn the appeal. And he said now there is a small issue of fees on which we agreed, and he said congratulations, and told me if I do not hear anything in 4 weeks, he will contact them he also told me he has sent them and email asking them to send the call letter to him via email, and he will forward that to me, and I can fax it to my wife, and hopefully have everything sorted out withing about 2.5 months. I've got all the documents back and supporting evidence which was submitted.
Hi I was wondering that how does your solicitor know that appeal has been withdrawn if he has not received the call letter through an email?
I don't know I didn't ask him that, but he might have contacted the tribunal since he received the documents he sent, so it must have been a letter that he received, all my immigration letters letters go to him, and then he forwards them to me. I don't really know how the process work, but he said he will email them to get the call letter quicker, but he said that my wife should have already received it, so we are going to find out form the village po box tomorrow.
I would personally suggest you to sent an email yourself at AbuDhabi.DutyECO@fco.gsi.gov.uk. I sent an email on this address and received my call letter in response. I doubt your solicitor's statement that how come he knows that appeal is withdrawn and he did not receive any formal letter or email from home office.

Applicant’s name:
Applicant’s date of birth:
Applicant’s passport number:
GRY tracking number:

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing you to inquire about an appeal case of (mention the name of category) VISA. The notice of appeal was sent to First tribunal office on 20th January 2011.

I would like to request you to please provide an information regarding the progress about my spouse's case. I shall be very thankful for your cooperation and support.

Kind regards,
(mention name and contact details).

I would strongly suggest you to contact them they will reply you back in 2-3 days but they were very helpful. Instead of relying completely on solicitor you can email them yourself as there is no harm in it.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:11 pm

^^ Ditto.

As excited as I am to read your news Sammad, it does raise an eyebrow for quite a few reasons.

It's one thing for a solicitor to say something and another for you to actually view the letter/statement of withdraw from the ECO. Having the refusal overturned is a BIG news indeed and it's always best just to confirm that the news is genuine.

I really do hope that your refusal is overturned so then that would mean that me, safia, Indy and khan786 should start calling up the tribunal and asking for updates once a week at least because then our 'good news' would also inshallah be around the corner :D.

Speaking of IndyRhodes, if you're reading this, have I got ur details correct in the Appeals tab???? I might have made a mistake cause surely u did not get ur refusal in Sep 2010 and submit appeal in Jan 2011?????

Please do get official written confirmation of some sort, or even call the tribunal to hear from them if the refusal has indeed been overturned.

@muj1, I've added your details in the spreadsheet.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Sammad wrote:
Manno1 wrote:

I don't know I didn't ask him that, but he might have contacted the tribunal since he received the documents he sent, so it must have been a letter that he received, all my immigration letters letters go to him, and then he forwards them to me. I don't really know how the process work, but he said he will email them to get the call letter quicker, but he said that my wife should have already received it, so we are going to find out form the village po box tomorrow.
The representative for the appellant ( in this case a solicitor) is usually the first person to find out about the outcome. They then inform the appellant by means of a call in letter asking the applicant to bring their passport,a valid tb certificate and the date they intend to travel..........however a word of warning and that the actual stamping of the visa and returning it back can take up to two months

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:30 am

Salaam all, good to hear that some people have starting getting call letters that applied around jan time.

Due to my solicitor, who is acting as the reprsentative and DPA they will not disclose ay sort of information over the phone with me so i sent ait email to allow me to speak to them.

Also i feel my solicitor is plain lazy so i have to do the running around which i would have done anyway... details for authorisation are to be sent to

Email: customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)845 600 0877

Also I emailed visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk inregards to my appeal and got this reply... Very generic i guess but its at dubai waiting in queue. ''i hope''

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email dated 15/4/11. Your wife’s appeal is in queue and will be reviewed before 20/6/11 as allowed by IAC. In order to help us to provide a good service to all our customers you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your appeal.

Yours sincerely

Visa Enquiry Desk 2
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:31 am

Thanks for all the clearing up, you a lucky guy sammad :)

Was considering calling up the tribunal office next week Wed to find out but now I think it's best if I wait.

Anyways, congratulations Sammad on the good news :D

muj1

Post by muj1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:51 am

@ Shadow786 - Thanks, will I pm you or just post on this topic with updates on the status?

I see a lot of mistakes by ECO's such as Sammad's where bank statements are submitted very worrying :? :shock:

Congrats Sammad, good news at last!

Muj

zaf

ABU DHABI

Post by zaf » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

khan786 wrote:Salaam all,

Also I emailed visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk inregards to my appeal and got this reply... Very generic i guess but its at dubai waiting in queue. ''i hope''

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email dated 15/4/11. Your wife’s appeal is in queue and will be reviewed before 20/6/11 as allowed by IAC. In order to help us to provide a good service to all our customers you may not receive a reply to any further enquiries about the progress of your appeal.

Yours sincerely

Visa Enquiry Desk 2
that is strange khan normally they would tell you when they received the appeal paperwork from the AIT.I THINK YOUR CASE is about 2 weeks ahead of mine .I GOT An email stating they recieved it on 2nd march from AIT . PLEASE update the spreadsheet for me shadow

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 pm

@Sammad, luck doesn't necessarily mean none of this would have happened. You gotta agree, having the response THIS QUICK, it's good luck :) Allah has bestowed good news upon you sooner than the anticipated date and that is great and that is what I was referring to in terms of luck :)

@muj1, if you could please just post your update on this topic that would be better, at least others can get to see your update too.
Yes worrying indeed but all happens for the best no matter how much we might refuse to believe it.

@zaf, 2nd March? wow man 1 months difference between yours and mine and u get a date just 1 day behind me??? that's niceeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Aaaah I just realised, me you and safia are back-to-back :lol: so we're in a days difference queue. She goes first, then me then u :P.

I am curious to see what IndyRhodes' and khan786's date is like. It sucks that the ECO gave such a response to khan, at least a date would have helped as to when they received it. Isn't the tribunal office able to help give the date as to when the ECO received it?

zaf

eco date

Post by zaf » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 pm

shadow
@zaf, 2nd March? wow man 1 months difference between yours and mine and u get a date just 1 day behind me??? that's niceeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Aaaah I just realised, me you and safia are back-to-back :lol: so we're in a days difference queue. She goes first, then me then you.
I am curious to see what IndyRhodes' and khan786's date is like. It sucks that the ECO gave such a response to khan, at least a date would have helped as to when they received it. Isn't the tribunal office able to help give the date as to when the ECO received it?[/quote]
i i were you shadow i would complain to tribunal. they should have sent your papers a lot earlier than 1st march . also i dont think they know what they are doing at abu dhabi .What khan and others in similar situations should do is ask them to give a definite date of recept of appeal paperwork. The AIT are a waste of time only way to find out receipt date is to email visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk with spouses details etc and appeal ref no. abu dhabi will still probably take 11 - 12 weeks after receipt date to overturn or give notice to AIT to defend refusal.The only reference case [that i know of] is mannos who had the wisdom to send direct to abu dhabi and has saved himself about 1 month. they did take 11 weeks[from 24th jan] to overturn the decision with manno.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:56 pm

But zaf yaar there was a small risk with Manno's too as was previously highlighted.

But hey yaar relax, it happens in life. Allah knows best, if delays is the best then so be it.

The 1 month difference (a week would make sense but hey no probs) between you and me could be because of internal check ups the tribunal was probably conducting?

Buy hey we can make all the assumptions we want, it doesn't change the fact that it'll happen when it needs to happen. This is just one of those things 'beyond our reasonable control'.

zaf

time difference

Post by zaf » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Shadow86 wrote:But zaf yaar there was a small risk with Manno's too as was previously highlighted.

But hey yaar relax, it happens in life. Allah knows best, if delays is the best then so be it.

The 1 month difference (a week would make sense but hey no probs) between you and me could be because of internal check ups the tribunal was probably conducting?

Buy hey we can make all the assumptions we want, it doesn't change the fact that it'll happen when it needs to happen. This is just one of those things 'beyond our reasonable control'.
JUST CHILL OUT SHADOW MAN im not bothered about the time difference between our appeals im sure that pakistani solicitor your dad used was very good and sent papers off straightaway [ im not being sarcastic by the way]. im sure inshallah you will hopefully get some good news in next few weeks .

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Re: time difference

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:04 pm

zaf wrote:JUST CHILL OUT SHADOW MAN im not bothered about the time difference between our appeals im sure that pakistani solicitor your dad used was very good and sent papers off straightaway [ im not being sarcastic by the way]. im sure inshallah you will hopefully get some good news in next few weeks .
I am chilled zaf 8). I'm not too bothered either about the time difference.

Only few more weeks to go inshallah :).

khan786

Post by khan786 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Well ive tried my upmost trying to get information about appeal, to no avail.
So we have a date on IA10 (notice of pending appeal) letter mine is 20th june so guess we just gotta sit tight and hope for the best...
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Salam ppl

Ok as u know the visa outcome was rejected. My hubby submitted the visa docs last week, he did this by sending the docs via post to BHC islamabad as this is what he was advised.

I am just now wanting to know what is the process after he has sent the appeal docs. we have not yet even had confirmation from them and only from the post delivery company to say the docs have successfully reached. so baically they have the docs but not yet confirmed... what do i need to do on my behalf?? no way of speeding the process up??

rani111
Newly Registered

Post by rani111 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 pm

[quote="batleykhan"][quote="MrsJKH"]Once visa has been collected how long do you have to fly to uk? Is it 3 months from when appeal successful or 3 months from stamp? What happens if you don't fly in that period?[/quote]

You normally have 3 months to fly to UK in order to complete the next stage of your application which will be the indefinite leave to remain ( meaning that you have to spend 24 months in UK in order to qualify). This is why you get 27 months visa (24+3=27).

However if you wish you can arrive in the UK at any time before your visa expires, but it will mean that you have to first apply for further leave to remain (FLR) ( to make upthe 24 months) before you can apply for indefinite leave to remain ( ILR). The only cost to you would be some thing like an extra £500 for when you apply for FLR and then when you apply for ILR, you will have tp pay an extra fee for that.

[color=red]That is why it is advisable to come to the UK within 3 months of your visa being issued[/color].[/quote]

Why pose the question of time scales of coming to uk. my husband got his visa tuesday and i picked him up friday and that was several flights. re the communication. we called each other 10 times daily as we dearly missed and love one another. We are not rich people. We could not be apart. We did not want to be apart. He was on the first flight back when visa granted. Why would u want to stay apart, why would u want to have 2 5mnt calls a day? I don't get it!

MojoJojo

Time line???

Post by MojoJojo » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I submitted my application on 14/3/11....can anyone please tell me how long is 12 weeks?
What I mean is that when they say 12 weeks do they mean 12 weeks excluding hols?...should I count total 84 days beginning 14th March and excluding saturdays,sundays,royal weddings,birthdays etc:D?

If I just count 12 weeks straight up it comes down to 6th June...but if I count in days with all the holidays and weekends excluded it comes down to 8th July?....which one should I look forward to since I need to quit my job:P

I hope it doesn't get rejected or anything:(

Regards

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Re: Time line???

Post by Shoaib82 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 pm

MojoJojo wrote:I submitted my application on 14/3/11....can anyone please tell me how long is 12 weeks?
What I mean is that when they say 12 weeks do they mean 12 weeks excluding hols?...should I count total 84 days beginning 14th March and excluding saturdays,sundays,royal weddings,birthdays etc:D?

If I just count 12 weeks straight up it comes down to 6th June...but if I count in days with all the holidays and weekends excluded it comes down to 8th July?....which one should I look forward to since I need to quit my job:P

I hope it doesn't get rejected or anything:(

Regards
It's excluding holidays, so you are looking at about 90 days in total.

rila
Newly Registered

Post by rila » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 am

salaam

can someone plz help...i have a court hearing for my wife's settlement visa in 2 weeks...however i am currently in pakistan and have fallen ill, i don't think i will be able to return by the court date...is it essential that i attend court or can i send a solicitor/family member...Jazakallahu khair for any help/advice

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Salam all,
Just been checking the Uk visa website for application processing times and I was surprised to see that they only made 42 decisions on settlement visas applied from mirpur office in march against well over 200 decisions made in feburary (don't remember the exact now but it was over 200), the same goes for visa decision made from all centres in Pakistan. The difference between all previous 6 months and feburary is atleast 3-4 times.
I have been following the visa processing guide from last 6 months and it was always over 200 decisions from each centre.

It's highly unlikely that they are making less decisions because of receiving less applications as they are still taking well over 3 months. I wonder what could be the reason for making such few decisions.