ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Extension Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Extension Question

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi

Tier 1 (General) extension question

I have few questions regarding the tier 1(General) extension visa. According to UKBA website, "We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires."

My question is, if I apply for the Tier 1 (general) extension (via postal application) during the last month of permission to stay, what will be the date of new permission? (is it going to be date of decision UKBA make or the date when my current permission expires?)

Second question is:
If I want to make application in person at one of the PEOs and if apply for the Tier 1 (general) extension (via Public Enquiry Office in person) during the last month of permission to stay, what will be the date of new permission?
(is it going to be date of decision UKBA make or the date when my current permission expires?)

The date of new permission is very crucial and therefore asking for guidance and help.

Thank you so much,
ZinZen

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 (General) Extension Question

Post by pkumar » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 am

Basically If you apply 1 month before leave expires then your new visa will starts day after end of your current visa. if you apply before 1 month or so then you might be given visa from date of your application.

The link VERY CLEARLY STATES that ..... I had done my extension 30 days before expiry and i was given extension based on initial visa last date.

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 pm

pkumar wrote:Basically If you apply 1 month before leave expires then your new visa will starts day after end of your current visa. if you apply before 1 month or so then you might be given visa from date of your application.

The link VERY CLEARLY STATES that ..... I had done my extension 30 days before expiry and i was given extension based on initial visa last date.
Hi pkumar

thanks a lot for quick response.

One more question:
when you said "the link", which link? because I did not get any.
Moreover, if I apply for the extension in person at PEO during last month of current permission, will i get extension from the current leave expires or from the date of my visit to the PEO?

Thank you very much,
ZinZen

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 am

serviceofyhvrsprvntr wrote:Hi

I have few questions regarding the tier 1(General) extension visa. According to UKBA website, "We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires."

My question is, if I apply for the Tier 1 (general) extension (via postal application) during the last month of permission to stay, what will be the date of new permission? (is it going to be date of decision UKBA make or the date when my current permission expires?)

Second question is:
If I want to make application in person at one of the PEOs and if apply for the Tier 1 (general) extension (via Public Enquiry Office in person) during the last month of permission to stay, what will be the date of new permission?
(is it going to be date of decision UKBA make or the date when my current permission expires?)

The date of new permission is very crucial and therefore asking for guidance and help.

Thank you so much,
ZinZen
Can any senior member please clarify and provide the guideance/help because so many conflicting information spreading around the forum.
You can also provide me the link from where i can read the official take on the issue.

Thanks a lot,
ZinZen

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:59 am

Second question is:

Thank you so much,
ZinZen
Leave to remain does not have a Valid From date. It has Issue date and Valid until date. Issue date is the date of decision. Generally If someone applies within 28 days of expiry of his/her current leave, the length of extension would be 3 or 2 years (2+3 or 3+2) after the expiry of current HSMP/Tier1 leave.
Goodluck.

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:56 pm

[iD] wrote:

Second question is:

Thank you so much,
ZinZen
Leave to remain does not have a Valid From date. It has Issue date and Valid until date. Issue date is the date of decision. Generally If someone applies within 28 days of expiry of his/her current leave, the length of extension would be 3 or 2 years (2+3 or 3+2) after the expiry of current HSMP/Tier1 leave.
Dear [iD]

Thank you so much for the response and clarification.
you said Generally If someone applies within 28 days of expiry of his/her current leave, the length of extension would be 3 or 2 years (2+3 or 3+2) after the expiry of current HSMP/Tier1 leave
Is there anyway to confirm this with official weblink or something like that?
(pls. forward the link/document or immigration rules that I should check)

Please do not think that i am doubting or framing opinion about information provided by you, but just wanted to make absolutely sure

Thank you very much

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 pm

serviceofyhvrsprvntr wrote: Dear [iD]

Thank you so much for the response and clarification.
you said Generally If someone applies within 28 days of expiry of his/her current leave, the length of extension would be 3 or 2 years (2+3 or 3+2) after the expiry of current HSMP/Tier1 leave
Is there anyway to confirm this with official weblink or something like that?
(pls. forward the link/document or immigration rules that I should check)

Please do not think that i am doubting or framing opinion about information provided by you, but just wanted to make absolutely sure

Thank you very much
Please Check Paragraph 45 in Tier 1 Guidance. and this
Goodluck.

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks a lot [iD] :lol:
In case of further queries, will surely ask you after reading provided links and material.

thank you very much

Regards,
Zin

Balan
Newly Registered

Extension Queries

Post by Balan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:25 am

Hi,
I am due for my extension(Tier 1 General) in Oct 2011. During the time my daughter will be 18 years, the application says:

'Dependant children aged 18 or over must apply separately and pay the appropriate fee set out in the paragraph titled Fees for Other Dependants.
Fees for Other Dependants
£550 Standard fee for a Dependant application.
£850 Premium (PEO only) fee for a Dependant application'

Does this mean, that I should have a separate application and not mention my daughter in my application?
And pay £550 instead of the normal depandant fee of £500?

Appreciate your help!
Regards - Bala

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 am

Hi

As you have advised read the post and information in the guideline which says following:

We encourage applications to be made at least a month before the applicant’s extant (still existing) leave expires. Applicants should note however that if the application is made signiï¬

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:13 am

[quote="serviceofyhvrsprvntr"]Hi

As you have advised read the post and information in the guideline which says following:

We encourage applications to be made at least a month before the applicant’s extant (still existing) leave expires. Applicants should note however that if the application is made signiï¬
Goodluck.

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Dear [iD]
Thank you very much for the quick response,
Pls. forgive me if I am being too naive to you, but please believe me it is only because of so many visa rule changes and even the lawyers are not providing right information. One more question from your reply, when you said
For further proof, please check out the sticky for extension guidelines.
What do you mean by that? Which guideline (the same you had forwarded before or different?)

Thank you very much,
Kind regards,
Zin

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 pm

I guess [iD] was suggesting that you read this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 pm

This is really good help, thanks a lot.

What I have understood now:

If I apply during the last month of validity of existing visa (no matter PEO or Postal) -> will get visa from the date when the current leave expires

If I apply before the last month (significantly earlier) of validity of existing visa -> will get visa from the date they make the decision

Correct? Please provide your answer/opinion/advise about it.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Zin

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Pls. Advise
(I mean what I have explained in the previous post in bold latters, is correct or not?)

I am being extra sure for everytthing because they change rules soo quickly and always make it hard for everyone like me. please do not mind my naiveness and advise.

Thank you,
Zin

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:44 pm

SHORT ANS IS

if u r applying in person or by post
try to apply or earlier than 28 days

REASON
if you will apply earlier than 28 days then there is not good chance that you will be qualifying for ILR (2+3 or 3 +2) on time
some time case handler...accept applicant request that pls ext visa after expiring my existing visa some time case handler DOES NOT accept ur request, SO be carefull and apply with HO time frame which is 28days....
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

serviceofyhvrsprvntr
Newly Registered

Post by serviceofyhvrsprvntr » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks a lot for the response.

That means, we can only *request* to the case worker (while applying within the window of 28 days) to grant extension from the current expiring date. And the case worker *may or may not* extend from the current expiring date !

Thank you,
Zin