ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chris Lyster-James
Newly Registered

Post by Chris Lyster-James » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Hello guys, i'm new here and would like to know if anyone who applied in nov.-/dec 2007 are still awaiting an answer. It seems like it's a lottery @ the moment. My stamp 4 (long term residency) is about to run out (5 months left) and i should then renew it. I've been sending regular updates to Tipp. regarding my employment I', bank-statements, P 21'S, P60'S, but not even an acknowledgement from their offices.

Thanks

C.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 pm

crown wrote:Hi guys
It was my turn today The letter landed. It has been a great day. I had waited 4 years for this I applied with my wife 2007 July For whatever reasons INIS gave my wife 14 months ago and refused to give me till this morning Though I am happy it is all over but I am appalled at the system. I think I was the worst treated by INIS
I want to thank all the guys giving info on this site You guys have been great - 9jeirean, nanette, scrudu, hotspurs, aceform, Irish tom etc I throw handshakes to you all :D :D :D
I plan to still hang around
Crown
Congratulations Crown !! you're not alone. A friend of mine suffered exactly the same way as you. His wife's approval came thru months before his although his wife applied after him ! Anyways, if you're a Dubliner, do not waste time trying to get appointment here. Drive to Cork & get it done sameday. goodluck !!

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:26 pm

tarakino wrote:Congrats Crown...Nightmare is over
Congratulations Tarakino !! I know it's difficult to be elated after 33 months' wait, but savour the moment.. could have been worse for us 2008ers!!

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:53 pm Post subject:
Hi tout le monde,

It's very obvious to me that the applicant's nationality is the most important factor in the processing time, i can't see anything else that can result in this huge variation in the processing time. some applicants get approval before the files of other applicants who applied before them is even opened.
it is very disappointing as at the end they will all be Irish citizens but i guess before that happens INIS maybe wants to say to some people that they are not worth the citizenship as others.

Hi Monte

I am not agree with you about some people's nationalities because one of our family friends applied with my husband, they and my hubby had just 45 applications gap but they got their citizenship in April 2010 and my hubby didn't. They and my hubby came to Ireland on the same day, they and my hubby have been working in the same place from last TEN years. Never used a single penny of social welfare payment and paying full taxes.

In my opinion they have no law or chronological order. It is just your luck that counts. I think they give your application to each of their staff member and each person checks your application with his own opinion and pick different points and ask for agencies' report again and again. I have genuine reason for that thinking because I Phoned them in Dec 2008 to inquire about my hubby's application and they said that application is in final stage and you will get letter from us after X-mas, after two months they said that they have a back log so there is a delay and after that i phoned them every six months and they are keep on saying every time that they are waiting for foreign agency report. And another thing, letters from dptt always have different name at the bottom.
PIKKA

Latan

Post by Latan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 pm

what nationalities get preferential treatment ?

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Latan wrote:what nationalities get preferential treatment ?
I'd say it is not the nationality but it is the one who is processing your application and how competent he is.
Let's pray, to have the right one to process your application otherwise you will suffer.
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Latan wrote:what nationalities get preferential treatment ?
Also, Latan,
earlier you mentioned that there will be fast track for processing the applications but with higher fees.
Can I ask, what's your sources? and if it is sure when will they apply it?
peace on you

abhimanyu11
Newly Registered

Post by abhimanyu11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:41 pm

[/quote]
Hi Please see the reply by Minister Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)
"I am unhappy with the length of time it takes to process citizenship applications. I have initiated steps within my Department to provide for a speedier processing of applications and to bring about a substantial reduction in the time scale. When the Department is in a position to implement these new arrangements an announcement will be made.
"
http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1109.0
Some hope.
Regards
(Batch of 2009)

monte

Post by monte » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 am

if not nationality what could explain that 6 doctors of the same nationality all applied between March 2008 to June 2008, received no reply to date from INIS, i can't believe that by chance all the 6 doctors are processed by the same person, and by the way no extra documents requested from any of them.

HOTSPURS

Re: Just to update the forum

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:34 am

dgnhly wrote:Guys,

I applied Sep-08 (5 years residence and wife of naturilised Irish),

Info requested Jun-10 (3 month payslip, 3 month bank statment),

Info requested late Jan-11 (birth certificate again ),

Still waiting and no news to date. What is going on? How long does it take after they request the birth cert? Any idea guys? :?
Assuming your file went to Minister in early Feb, you can expect decision very soon, in a week or 2. there's a huge backlog at Minister's office for both decisions & embossing seal on Naturalisation certificates. INIS say it's due to change in government. can't believe them..

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
tarakino wrote:Congrats Crown...Nightmare is over
Congratulations Tarakino !! I know it's difficult to be elated after 33 months' wait, but savour the moment.. could have been worse for us 2008ers!!

Thanks HOTSPURS....I know, I am so relieved now...will be applying for my wife next month

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:30 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:

I applied Sep-08 (5 years residence and wife of naturilised Irish),

Info requested Jun-10 (3 month payslip, 3 month bank statment),

Info requested late Jan-11 (birth certificate again ),

Still waiting and no news to date. What is going on? How long does it take after they request the birth cert? Any idea guys? :?
Assuming your file went to Minister in early Feb, you can expect decision very soon, in a week or 2. there's a huge backlog at Minister's office for both decisions & embossing seal on Naturalisation certificates. INIS say it's due to change in government. can't believe them..

Thanks Hotspurs,

Just one more thing. How does it work, does it mean that the Birth Cert request is the final formality before submitting to the Minister for approval? How does the process work?

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 pm

[quote="dgnhly

Thanks Hotspurs,

Just one more thing. How does it work, does it mean that the Birth Cert request is the final formality before submitting to the Minister for approval? How does the process work?[/quote]

Yes, Your birth certificate is the final formality. INIS usually send the Prepared file with a recommendation of 'Yes' or 'No'. this usually happens within a week or 2 of your sending th Birth cert. The Minister's Office used to take 5 weeks for decision during the Fianna Fail days but things have worsened of late. It's been 7 weeks for me & there's no sign of my Naturalisation certificate. INIS say they've printed my cert but waiting to send it to Minister's Office :evil: Apparantly, there's a huge backlog at Minister's office.

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:47 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:[quote="dgnhly

Thanks Hotspurs,

Just one more thing. How does it work, does it mean that the Birth Cert request is the final formality before submitting to the Minister for approval? How does the process work?
Yes, Your birth certificate is the final formality. INIS usually send the Prepared file with a recommendation of 'Yes' or 'No'. this usually happens within a week or 2 of your sending th Birth cert. The Minister's Office used to take 5 weeks for decision during the Fianna Fail days but things have worsened of late. It's been 7 weeks for me & there's no sign of my Naturalisation certificate. INIS say they've printed my cert but waiting to send it to Minister's Office :evil: Apparantly, there's a huge backlog at Minister's office.[/quote]

What a shame! Unbelievable.

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:48 pm

dgnhly wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:[quote="dgnhly

Thanks Hotspurs,

Yes, Your birth certificate is the final formality. INIS usually send the Prepared file with a recommendation of 'Yes' or 'No'. this usually happens within a week or 2 of your sending th Birth cert. The Minister's Office used to take 5 weeks for decision during the Fianna Fail days but things have worsened of late. It's been 7 weeks for me & there's no sign of my Naturalisation certificate. INIS say they've printed my cert but waiting to send it to Minister's Office :evil: Apparantly, there's a huge backlog at Minister's office.
What a shame! Unbelievable.[/quote]

Latan

Post by Latan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 am

I've sent in a certified copy of my UNABRIDGED BIRTH CERTIFICATE when i submitted my application over 2 years ago- will that suffice....or does INIS request it at a later stage again ? I'm still in possession of the original document-

"Class of 2009".

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 am

crown wrote:Hi guys
It was my turn today The letter landed. It has been a great day. I had waited 4 years for this I applied with my wife 2007 July For whatever reasons INIS gave my wife 14 months ago and refused to give me till this morning
Fantastic news Crown! Thrilled for you :)

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:02 am

Latan wrote:I've sent in a certified copy of my UNABRIDGED BIRTH CERTIFICATE when i submitted my application over 2 years ago- will that suffice....or does INIS request it at a later stage again ? I'm still in possession of the original document-

"Class of 2009".

Hi Latan,
according to ur previous post i think ur application is submitted by solicitor so y u r worried for, and if INIS want something else from u they will contact u, only u or INIS knows what really u birth cert. looks like, no point to get worried.

also u didnt tell us how did u come to know about fast track application we r eager to know or u just write in ur previous post to surprise other people on this forum

Latan

Post by Latan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi all- it's a rumour so far....about these increased fees....and fast-tracking...but my source of info is a Dublin-based TD with an interest in immigration matters....only a rumour but usually if its a rumour something comes about at a later stage....i will keep my ears...and eyes wide open regarding any news.

"CLASS OF 2009."

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Latan wrote:Hi all- it's a rumour so far....about these increased fees....and fast-tracking...but my source of info is a Dublin-based TD with an interest in immigration matters....only a rumour but usually if its a rumour something comes about at a later stage....i will keep my ears...and eyes wide open regarding any news.

"CLASS OF 2009."
Ok Latan, good luck in your mission, and we all applicants of 2009 wishing good health for your eyes and ears.
peace on you

dgnhly

Got it !

Post by dgnhly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:27 am

Guys,

Just to share that my naturalisation application is approved yesterday. For the benefit of the forum my timelines are as follow;

- Application : 15/09/2008
- Adittional documents asked: Mid June 2009 (3 payslips/ 3 month bankstatement)
- Birt Cert were asked again: 27/01/2011 (was already in the initial file),
- Approval: 25/04/2011
:shock:

Good luck for the rest of the group,

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Got it !

Post by Aceform » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 am

Just to share that my naturalisation application is approved yesterday. For the benefit of the forum my timelines are as follow;

That's great news. Congrats dgnhly

AShawna

Re: Got it !

Post by AShawna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

Congratulations dgnhly! :D
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Congratulations, dgnhly!!!

And thanks for posting your data, it sounds so promising and reassuring for me...
Enjoy:)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:32 pm

Excellent news, tarakino!

Was it 8/9 weeks of waiting after your file was send to the minister?

Congratulations.