ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit applied 14 months before

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1rithu23
Newly Registered

child tax credit applied 14 months before

Post by 1rithu23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:42 am

Hi,
I had applied for child tax credit in march 2010 and am yet to receive a confirmation.Both of us have ILR since Feb.I was told that since my wife dosent have a NI number it is delaying the process.I was also told to contact NI number office to get an number for my wife. when approached,i was told that since she is not working,Child Tax Credits office should be applying on my wife's behalf and she cant apply on her own.I have been calling them for the past year without any solid reply.I also mentioned to them about the legislation change about the non requirement of NI number for the partner but they just seemed to ignore this and continue to say that a decision would be made and other checks has to be done.

I Spoke to the Child credit office yesterday and was promised that the case has been escalated and that somebody would be calling me within the next 10 days(the same thing was told to me on 3 earlier instances-July 2010, September 2010, Feb 2011).
The only difference is that the team leader whom i spoke to mentioned that she will register this as an compliant and i should be receiving a reply soon.I have tried calling them every month and still couldn't get an answer from them.
Please help me as to what is the next step i should be taking.

shafina

Re: child tax credit applied 14 months before

Post by shafina » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 pm

1rithu23 wrote:Hi,
I had applied for child tax credit in march 2010 and am yet to receive a confirmation.Both of us have ILR since Feb.I was told that since my wife dosent have a NI number it is delaying the process.I was also told to contact NI number office to get an number for my wife. when approached,i was told that since she is not working,Child Tax Credits office should be applying on my wife's behalf and she cant apply on her own.I have been calling them for the past year without any solid reply.I also mentioned to them about the legislation change about the non requirement of NI number for the partner but they just seemed to ignore this and continue to say that a decision would be made and other checks has to be done.

I Spoke to the Child credit office yesterday and was promised that the case has been escalated and that somebody would be calling me within the next 10 days(the same thing was told to me on 3 earlier instances-July 2010, September 2010, Feb 2011).
The only difference is that the team leader whom i spoke to mentioned that she will register this as an compliant and i should be receiving a reply soon.I have tried calling them every month and still couldn't get an answer from them.

Hi wait for my reaply 2morow
have good Night

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 am

You applied over a year ago? That is appalling that you are still waiting for a decision.

Now that it is registered as a complaint, hopefully things will get resolved soon. Do let us know.
John

shafina

Re: child tax credit applied 14 months before

Post by shafina » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:37 am

shafina wrote:
1rithu23 wrote:Hi,

good luck

next time when you put a question plz make sure to let people know that you recive the answer . and if you want to get your Tax credit I give you the answer b4 bcz that what happen with me too

Good luck
Last edited by shafina on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

1rithu23
Newly Registered

Post by 1rithu23 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:34 am

@John,
Thank you very much for your reply.I really hope this is sorted this time.
Rithvik

1rithu23
Newly Registered

Post by 1rithu23 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:58 am

@shafina,
Hi first of all thank you for the reply earlier.but i couldn't view it now.I am not sure if you deleted it.
Please clarify
Many Thanks
Rithvik

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:19 pm

My personal experience -

I have applied in Sep and no answar for 6 months. Every time I phoned them they just told me a different story. Than I sent an email to my MP and within one week they resolved the problem.

I do not suggest to envolve MP in every matter but if they are delaying like half a year or one year etc than its always worth to let your MP know

1rithu23
Newly Registered

Post by 1rithu23 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Dear Sky_High,
Thank you very much for your advice.I was thinking of taking the same route.Lets hope this will be resolved soon.

Many Thanks

Rithvik