ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant and overstayed

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loveangel99
Newly Registered

Pregnant and overstayed

Post by loveangel99 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 am

Meet my fiancé a few years ago. Last year November he propose. I accepted his proposal.I have overstayed a 3 three years in the UK I have regretted such a thing, but then again don't think I would of found him my soul-mate & best friends. Due to changes to Certificate of approval that would be coming soon we have put wedding plan on the side. Even though I would still have to wait before even thinking about applying to the HO because of my age.

After a few test I realize I have a cookie in the oven. Yes I am pregnant. My fiancé is determine not to miss the a chance of a lifetime of becoming a dad and I don't believe in abortion so there no option there.

I want to have a stress free Pregnancy for myself and my baby.

I would like to know:

(a) What would I cost to have a baby in the UK since i am not register with a GP.
(b) Can I even register with NHS.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:52 am

Regardless of your status, in a medical emergency, everyone is entitled to treatment on the NHS. Any treatment in A&E is free for all.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Pregnant and overstayed

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:18 am

loveangel99 wrote:(a) What would I cost to have a baby in the UK since i am not register with a GP.
Reading this webpage should help you understand the various (private) options available and an idea of costs involved.
loveangel99 wrote:(b) Can I even register with NHS.
With no legal right to remain in the UK, I don't think you can. With no legal status, a GP may refuse to register you even as a private fee-paying patient.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 am

To have a stress-free pregnancy, your best option may very well be to go back home and have the baby there and then come back.

As the previous posters said, a GP will refuse to see you because you have no right of being here (to register with an NHS doctor, you have to prove that you are legally in the country and also that you have at least 6 months of this valid leave remaining).

The only services you will be entitled to are NHS walk-in centres (which is only for things like colds and flu and minor ailments - not pregnancy) and then A&E units of hospitals.