ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Section 10 ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cosmos

Regarding Section 10 ILR

Post by Cosmos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Dear all

May question is regarding the documents to present on section 10 on the SET(O) form please.
It calls to provide evidence of cohabitation.
On my case I am married and been cahabitating with my partner for almost 9 years now but the first year of being on work permit, I don't have any proof as we used to rent a flat with all bills included and no other documents to show with both of our names on.
It would be enough evidence to show joint bills and mortgage agreement only for the last 2.5 years?
Many thanks in advance

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 am

Any experts could help on how many years of proof of cohabitation would be sufficient to show when applying for ILR please?

Your thoughts are really appreciated.

C

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Documentary evidence(s) to prove cohabitation of the dependant (spouse / partner) with the main migrant covering the "qualifying residential period" should be sufficient.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 am

Thanks a lot Sushdmehta.

Just to confirm then, any proof within the 'qualifying residential period' would be OK?

Does not matter if it covers only say 6 months of that period?

kunald

Post by kunald » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:36 am

SET-O Section-10 Page-32 wrote:...If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.
Reading various success stories since the introduction of new rules, I understand in some cases NO proof of cohabitation was asked for. In some cases they wanted to see cohabitation proof covering 2 years preceding the date of application. However, the key in above quote from the SET-O form is the word MAXIMUM (should it have been minimum? lol). If I understand correctly anything UNDER two years (six months as you said) should be OK but its safe to cover 2 years period.