ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I apply for IRL before 5 year time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak
United Kingdom

can I apply for IRL before 5 year time?

Post by 4uvak » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 am

Hi, everybody. I am a non-eea family member of eu citizen. We are married for 4 years now. I have a resident permit till 2013. I am wondering if I can apply for ILR before 5 year time. Thanks.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:19 pm

You don't apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR), you'll have to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) towards the end of your current Residence Card (RC) or once it expired.

You will also have to demonstrate that your EEA family member has been exercising treaty right in the 5 year period you hold a rc when you apply for PR.
[Moderator Edit]

4uvak
United Kingdom

Post by 4uvak » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm

You will also have to demonstrate that your EEA family member has been exercising treaty right in the 5 year period you hold a rc when you apply for PR

I do not really understand. Could you explain please.[/list][/list][/code]

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm

4uvak wrote:You will also have to demonstrate that your EEA family member has been exercising treaty right in the 5 year period you hold a rc when you apply for PR

I do not really understand. Could you explain please.[/list][/list][/code]
You will Have to demonstrate that your wife/husband is employed/self employed or self sufficent for 5 years before you submit application.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Are you living in the UK?

When did your EU spouse start working in the UK?

When did you get married?