ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Application Fees- Payment Rejected by Bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madison81
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Application Fees- Payment Rejected by Bank

Post by madison81 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Tier 1 General Application made (switching from Tier 1 PSW) on 1st April. Acknowledgement recd from Home Office on 14th April. Unfortunately, the application fee they tried to take through my debit card did not go through as there is a maximum limit on my account of £750 and the application fees was £1100 (me and my dependent wife). Now I am scared that they will return the document and I will have to reapply? will they not consider my original application if I send a postal order through? What to do ? as after 6th april, the rules have changed and I do not qualify? Please help me out.
Can any solicitor help? Urgennnttt help required please...

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Can I ask you when does your PSW expire....hope you havent overstayed your visa....if No,

Then quickly send another application form with a draft letter metioning that the Bank's Software thought It was a Fraud and hence the payment has been rejected, Say that It is out of hand situation where you have no control, and make sure you make a postal order this time and send the application and when you fill the passport and documents section metion that it is with UKBA. Also send them the acknowledgement letter and keep the copy with you, coz that will have your ref no. which will help them to trace your original application.

Do it asap before you receive your application back.

Hopefully they will cosider it as they know this happens if the banks is not informed by us that a huge debit is going to be there in the account.

Anyway, act fast on it as hols are coming, send it by saturday.

Best of luck.

madison81
Newly Registered

Post by madison81 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:47 pm

hi, thanks for your reply, but the banks are closed till monday and they open only on tuesday..so i can't send a postal order by saturday ..however i can send another card details which has no maximum limit on it and send it.. will it work? have you seen any cases like this where HO has accepted it? and considered the original app date? what are my other options please? i am really worried now..what if receive my docs in post tommorow?

my psw expires in september 2011... but i turn 30 in june :(

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Arrange the Cash of 1100 from your friends or something and make the postal order from post office, I believe they are open on saturday....I have seen they accepting applications in this scenario...but you have have left it till late....well, hope for the best....

Fill in a new form, send photgraphs, and a nice draft explaining the situation and postal order.

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Dude, ur age and/or points dont really matter! What matters,of course, is the fact that it is the 21st of April, which is more than 2 weeks past the date of the official closure of the Tier 1 as we know it. So this is the very last chance!
I think u should send it through with ur other card, just be sure to attach a "cry letter" saying how happy u are to keep paying taxes in return for nothing and that u often find uyself waking up in the middle of the night worrying about how to even better integrate within the great british community! After all it is (almost) outside of ur contol, so ask the HO to exercise their discretion. I had an invalid application incident some time ago, and a detailed letter + some good will from HO pulled me through!
Good luck & let us know the outcome.

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 pm

DUH! All that typing on a tiny screen of a smartphone and still forgot to write the most useful tip! That same letter MUST be already on its way to ur local MP- these guys can make a real difference to cases like yours!

madison81
Newly Registered

Post by madison81 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

what if they return my documents stating that my application is invalid? after i have posted a new application form along with a postal order and photographs? because it is 1 week since i've recd their acknowledgement, there is a possibility that they might'v returned the documents. what if the two mails cross?i just want to prepare myself for the worst case scenario.

madison81
Newly Registered

Post by madison81 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:58 am

if an application payment is refused, after how much time will the HO return the docs? i am really confused...

X-rader
Newly Registered

Post by X-rader » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 am

Hi Madison,

I can understand your problem very well, the only thing I can suggest you do to over and above following the above mentioned advises are ring up the home office call centre, (Record the Time of the call and The name of person you spoke to) talk to the operator and ask them to record on the system that you shall be re-sending payment (in what ever form) and request them not to send the file back. So if the file is even sent back then you still have a leg to stand on stating that you had informed them of the situation and maybe this can help in any future dealings with the HO regarding this case.

Hope all works out for you man.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Pm me as soon you read this its happened with me as well so i can help you in this regard
Blocked Username

cruzez

Re: Tier 1 General Application Fees- Payment Rejected by Ban

Post by cruzez » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:39 pm

madison81 wrote:Tier 1 General Application made (switching from Tier 1 PSW) on 1st April. Acknowledgement recd from Home Office on 14th April. Unfortunately, the application fee they tried to take through my debit card did not go through as there is a maximum limit on my account of £750 and the application fees was £1100 (me and my dependent wife). Now I am scared that they will return the document and I will have to reapply? will they not consider my original application if I send a postal order through? What to do ? as after 6th april, the rules have changed and I do not qualify? Please help me out.
Can any solicitor help? Urgennnttt help required please...
I had same problem when I applied for 1st HSMP Visa in 2008. They sent me whole application back after one month. Because they tried once to take visa fee it got declined. Because of securtiy with bank as there had no high transactions ever made on my card.

I had to re apply but by this time they changed HSMP to Tier 1, but any way 2nd time got it. I applied on for changed rules though