ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SolitaryRomeo

spouse visa queries

Post by SolitaryRomeo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask, my wife is sponsoring me to come to the UK.

she is working part time, and earns around £450 per month.

She has savings of about £1500 over last 6 months in bank.

She does not have any other costs, as she lives with parents.

Is this sufficient, provided that everything else meets the requirements?

Many Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Your wife will need to show that she has a minimum of £105.95 remaining weekly after paying rent, council tax and any loan repayments.
If she is living with family and doesn't have to pay rent or council tax then the £450 monthly may be sufficient.

SolitaryRomeo

Post by SolitaryRomeo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Because its a part time job, she gets paid in hand, so it is not a fixed amount in the bank all the time. Out of £450, she spends whatever she needs to spend on and put the remaining in the bank.

Also, my wife and i got married 6 months ago, her trip was only for a week and a half, and she stayed here 3 days after our marriage date, and then returned back to uk because of work. Will the ECO question why she only stayed three days? We have mentioned that she had to return in the application form.

Many Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:54 pm

When you say 'paid in hand', I assume you mean 'cash in hand'. Hopefully her employer is deducting tax and National Insurance from her earnings and is issuing pay slips. Without this, apart from the illegality, she would have no proof of income to submit with the application.
The ECO may query the fact that your wife left for the UK 3 days after the wedding, especially as she only works part-time, but it would help if you can show regular contact before the marriage took place.
Which country are you applying from?

SolitaryRomeo

Post by SolitaryRomeo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 pm

thanks,

yes she is paid cash in hand, and receives pay slips, with tax and NI deducted every week.

we have included calling cards, emails, occasion cards in the application too.

if the case goes to appeal, it will most likely be because of my wife's financial situation. ie her earnings at £450 and savings at £1500 only. and im not sure how better my wife can make the paperwork for the appeal.

i have also put in a letter from a UK employer who knows me personally, he stated that if i get visa he will employ me at his place, do you think that will be considered by the ECO or will they totally ignore that?

Thanks again.

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:52 am

Hi All,

my case is more or less same... My wife is working in 2 different places and she earn 94.88 Pound per week for each job.... and she has 2000 pound bank balance... and her income for each job is less than 100 so tax isnt deducted from it.... and she started each job from January beginning.... So i heared NI isnt deduct aswel... i saw them pay slips for each job... Will it create any problem?
plz reply

thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 am

Ejaz, sorry but it become confusing trying to answer 2 members' questions in one thread. Please could you start your own?
SoliaryRomeo, although your wife only has £450 from her employment every month, as you say you won't have to pay rent or council tax and you will be living with family, this will meet the minimum requirement of £105.95 a week, so you shouldn't be refused on finances...especially as your wife has savings.

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 am

Ok I m extremely Sorry as i thought all can discuss raleted to this topic in this forum so i posted here.. Its my mistake i m sorry... And thanks for ur reply....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 pm

No problem Ejaz...just start another thread and you should get the answers you need to your specific situation there.