ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required re pending tier 1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parryG
Newly Registered

Advice required re pending tier 1 application

Post by parryG » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Hello,
I have applied for Tier 1 (General) under premium service at Cardiff on 20 Dec 2010 with biometrics provided on the same day. It has been well above 14 weeks time and I have not received any reply from the UKBA/Home office. I have written a letter querying the process to Cardiff PEO but no reply available yet. My question is
1. Is there any way that I can get further information regarding my application? or I need to wait until they contact me.
2. I might need to leave the country for a social occasion for two weeks. Is it possible to retrieve the passport whilst application still in progress? Basically it says on website that I should not make any travel plans for 2-3 months, but it doesnt say that I should not make any travel plans indefinitely.
3. If I withdraw my application, will my Tier 2 visa still be valid (it expires in Dec 2012).
4. Can anybody recommend if any help from legal solicitors is required for this case? If so, can recommend a reliable one?
Many thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 pm

If you leave the country your application will be deemed withdrawn. The say don.t make travel plans nor 2-3 months as a guide to how long the application will usually take. If it takes longer you need to hold off making travel plans for longer. Have you tried calling them for an update?

parryG
Newly Registered

Post by parryG » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 pm

yes, I did call them for update. I get the standard reply that I need to wait for the reply from UKBA.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 pm

1. There is no legal requirement for UKBA to decide on an application within a defined time frame.
2. Earlier it used to be "do not contact within 14 weeks of making an application". But since BRP has come into play, I have observed more and more suggestions from members that the earlier instruction may have changed its meaning to "do not contact within 14 weeks of BRP enrolment".
3. If you call UKBA and someone is courteous enough to provide you with an update, you may still not receive any really useful information regarding your application other than "it is still under process" or "verification underway" or "results of verifications awaited" or something similar.
4. If you request return of passport your application will be considered as withdrawn (on the date UKBA receives such a request in writing).
5. If you withdraw or if your application is refused, your current leave will remain valid as it is.
6. People suggest that involving the local MP may help expedite matters.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

berliner
Newly Registered

Post by berliner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi everyone

I have applied to switch my status from Tier 2 (G) to Tier 1 (G) and I need to travel outside UK within the next couple of weeks. I would appreciate if you could help me with the following questions:

1. Is there a way to understand at what stage my application is and do you think I could receive my documents within the next two weeks? My dates are as follows:

Category changing (switching) from: Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 (General)
Date of expiry of current leave (visa): September 2013
Date application posted: 25 March 2011
Date confirmation letter received: 28 March 2011
Date payment debited: 29 March 2011
Payment mode: Debit
Date biometrics letter received: 5 April 2011
Date of biometric enrollment: 9 April 2011 (Post office)
Date passport / BRP received: Waiting

2. How quickly can I receive my passport back if I withdraw my application today? They told me it takes around 10-15 working days. Is there anyway to speed up this process?

Many thanks for your valuable thoughts...

itsvinodin
Newly Registered

Post by itsvinodin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:23 pm

berliner wrote:Hi everyone

I have applied to switch my status from Tier 2 (G) to Tier 1 (G) and I need to travel outside UK within the next couple of weeks. I would appreciate if you could help me with the following questions:

1. Is there a way to understand at what stage my application is and do you think I could receive my documents within the next two weeks? My dates are as follows:

2. How quickly can I receive my passport back if I withdraw my application today? They told me it takes around 10-15 working days. Is there anyway to speed up this process?

Dude,

In my opinion , you should be getting it in a week or two.. so if i were you i would wait as withdrawal takes same time in your case at this point of time. Why not get in touch with HomeOffice?
Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Presumably you are aware that if you withdraw your application you will not be able to make a subsequent application to switch into T1(G) now that it is closed?

berliner
Newly Registered

Post by berliner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Many thanks for the replies guys...

If I withdraw, I cannot re-apply since the Tier 1 route is now closed...

I called Home Office several times during last week and today. Unfortunately, they do not provide any information other than what is publicly available on their website (i.e. applications with biometrics before 12 April is considered currently and 75% of applications are usually decided within 4 weeks)

Is there any way that I can find out the progress of my application?

Do they send the documents back with the blank envelope I sent them? So shall I keep tracking the tracking code I have from Royalmail?

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:47 pm

You cannot do anything in terms of tracking the status. But If you intend to withdraw your application and get your passport back, please check whehter you can travel to Croydon office and get your passport back on the same day. You need to let them know the urgency of getting your passport.

berliner
Newly Registered

Post by berliner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm

I asked whether I can personally come and collect my passport and the answer was no - they said they only send it via post.

In my case, it is not a medical emergency - but how can a person not receive it on the same day if this is a medical emergency?

berliner
Newly Registered

Post by berliner » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:24 pm

berliner wrote:Hi everyone

I finally received my passport and documents today. The approval letter dated April 27 says I will receive the BRP separately.

Any idea or experience on how long it takes to receive the BRP after the application is approved and Passport is received?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:12 pm

berliner wrote:Any idea or experience on how long it takes to receive the BRP after the application is approved and Passport is received?
Browsing this topic will give you both the idea and account of others' experience.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

berliner
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by berliner » Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

sushdmehta wrote:
berliner wrote:Any idea or experience on how long it takes to receive the BRP after the application is approved and Passport is received?
Browsing this topic will give you both the idea and account of others' experience.
Thanks a lot!

Does anyone know if the number they gave us to track the BRP works? the number 0300 123 2412 does not seem to work (always busy line...)