ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: ILR for the dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shankar1976
Newly Registered

RE: ILR for the dependants

Post by Shankar1976 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Dear Friends,

Thanks for looking my post.

I sure this might have been discussed before.

I have got 2 queries,
1) I am eligible for ILR (1 year work permit+ 2 yrs HSMP (got in April 2007)+ 2yrs on tier-1 general) in July 2011. My wife and my son are my dependents and she is in India for her delivery.
If I apply ILR for in UK before their return back to UK how to get ILR for them?

I think it will probably through British High commission in India, does she need to take life in the UK for this?

Anyone had gone through the same problems?

2) Even If I wait till she is back to UK, I believe my dependents will get ILR without any problems. But I have heard that before they become a citizen they should have lived continuously for 2 yrs from ILR?

Is that true?

Your experiences and views will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Shankar Rajan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:16 pm

1. See also ILR for spouse returning after long holiday.
2. Your wife may apply for naturalisation when she becomes eligible for it. For children under 13, there is no residency requirement (in context of registration as British citizen).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Shankar1976
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar1976 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear sushdmehta,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Here is my plans and Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of these.

As I have mentioned We do have a valid tier1 visa till April 2012.

When my wife (plus 2 year old son who already got a dependent visa) is back with a newborn (Oct 2011), We will apply for the ILR. I think it is a better option rather than messing it around. That means I will get a Indian passport for the newborn then get a tier 1 dependent visa.

My wife and I will take life in the UK test before application.

From your post my understanding for my there is now minimum time limit for the kids. So there shouldn't be any problem for getting a ILR but when it comes to citizenship Me and kids will get with no issues. But my wife has wait for the 3 years for naturalization from ILR.

For the naturalization issues, it is more for the spouse of the British citizen. I don't know how it apply to me. As I mentioned my wife has got a dependent visa on hsmp and tier 1 visa as well but unfortunately she was out of country for for about 9 months in total out of 2.5 years due to the pregnancy related problems. Is there any exceptions for this?

I am sorry If I am boring with my questions..

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.

Thanks once again.